Ecoegg TSV 06/01/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone ever used these? Any good? Do they save money?

CC
Yes. No. No. I was really disappointed because I really wanted them to work but I just ended up with clothes that smelled of dirty water & the darker items were flecked with tiny patches of white residue. I buy all my cleaning & laundry products from a company called Ethical Superstore, palm oil free products & plenty of refills so I just decant into the original smaller bottles & sprays then recycle the refill packaging.

My DIL bought an ecoegg and found it was next to useless. There are far better eco friendly ranges out there which actually work. I use 2 brands, SMOL and SPLOSH. Both are eco friendly and all packaging can be either recycled, refilled or returned to them. The ecoegg has terrible reviews and yet they keep on trying to con oh I mean persuade people to buy it.

I bought them when they first aired and gave up with them after a while. i found the eggs were a nightmare to open when the beads needed replacing, unless mine was faulty. I’ve gone back to using what I used to use and at least I know my washing’s clean.

Ecoegg 16 Fresher for Longer Discs with 2 Disc Holders TSV 06/01/22 (Previously one on the 12/05/21 & were £15.25 + post)

Attachments

• Ecoegg TSV 1.jpg
    Ecoegg TSV 1.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Ecoegg TSV 2.jpg
    Ecoegg TSV 2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Ecoegg TSV 3.jpg
    Ecoegg TSV 3.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 51
  • Ecoegg TSV 4.jpg
    Ecoegg TSV 4.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Ecoegg TSV 5.jpg
    Ecoegg TSV 5.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 51
You have to change them every three months, although I usually do it every couple of months. However, as you get a lot in a set they last a really long time. However I put a couple in the fridge and one in the fruit bowl so I get through them fairly quickly so I might go for this TSV. I don’t want to run out. 😉

I was thinking it would be the laundry ones but I've often looked at the fridge ones and I just might have a go with these as they'll be easy to send back if they aren't up to it. I'm always buying veg and leaving it to go bad (I know, I have good intentions and then aren't hungry), so this would save me throwing things away after a few days.

CC

I was thinking it would be the laundry ones but I've often looked at the fridge ones and I just might have a go with these as they'll be easy to send back if they aren't up to it. I'm always buying veg and leaving it to go bad (I know, I have good intentions and then aren't hungry), so this would save me throwing things away after a few days.

CC
the laundry was the last one they did earlier last year

Ecoegg 16 Fresher for Longer Discs with 2 Disc Holders
Item Number: 809386
QVC Price £21.00
Todays Special Value Price £15.18
P&P £2.95

We all know how easy it is to forget the fruit and veg in your fridge, so why not keep them fresher for longer with this fabulous set of 16 discs and two holders from Ecoegg? They're designed to help your fruit and vegetables stay fresher for longer by absorbing gas which can cause your produce to go off. Just pop them in your fridge, fruit bowl, lunch box, and cool box, and help your healthy food keep fresh!

Stop the cycle - as your fruit and veg starts to go off,ethylene gas is released. However, this same gas is the very reason the producegoes off, creating a chain reaction. These clever discs work to absorb the gas,slowing down the ripening process to help keep your food going for that bitlonger.

The gift of time - by helping to extend the life of yourfruit and vegetables, you get a bigger window to eat it all up. This is perfectif you're trying to eat healthier in the new year, save money, or cut down onhousehold food waste. Each disc lasts up to three months, giving you up to afour years’ supply, for fresh-tasting fruit and vegetables every day!

Water resistant - boasting a water-resistant design, there'sno need to worry about moisture impacting the performance of your Fresher forLonger discs, should you want to use them somewhere like the fridge.

Hold your discs up - the holders included can be used infour different ways: free-standing using the suction cup at the base, hung onthe internal fridge wall using the suction cup at the back, hung over the sideof a crisper drawer, or hung from a rack or shelf using the specially designedclip.

What's in the box?

• 16 x Fresher for Longer discs (d x w): 9cm x 0.6cm (3.5" x 0.2")
  • 2 x white disc holders (l x w): 12cm x 9cm (4.7" x 3.5")
  • 2 x white disc holder clips (l x w): 6cm x 1cm (2.4" x 0.4")
  • 2 x suction cups (diameter) 3cm (1.2")
  • 1 x instruction leaflet

All measurements are approximate

I’ve been tempted by these discs in the past - and used to have some of the Ecoegg bags they did using same technology (from Lakeland I think but QVC used to tell them) and they were useless...

Whenever I see the discs presented, am tempted again, but the reviews for this item number and the 8 disc set are very poor indeed.

There are some good reviews but lots saying they’re useless so I just don’t know if I should even try!

Plus whenever I see the demo, I think how on Earth is her fruit and veg in such a state without the disc?!

The BA was showing lettuces which had both been in fridge for ?11 days one with disc and one without, and the one without was disgusting!

I only get a shopping delivery every two weeks, and none of my fruit or veg has ever looked like that - in or out of a fridge?!

(But I did feel sorry for Danielle as she’s a good presenter, but Debbie was practically telling her what to say and prompting her the whole time which she doesn’t need and just made it stressful to watch!)

Has anyone ever tried the Ecoegg bamboo kitchen roll towels?

The ones on offer in the TSV also has “scrubbing dots” on it and sounded like a good idea.
Reviews pretty good though some mixed!

I was woken up with a start this morning by Simon Biagi. I could hear him from 40 miles away. The telly was off.

I think he must have had a bet with the ‘gallery’ for the number of times he could use the word ‘ocean’ during an EcoEgg presentation. Not sure if a few thousand QVC viewers could improve global warming . To me, that sort of ‘selling’ is lazy & laughable.

Has anyone ever tried the Ecoegg bamboo kitchen roll towels?

The ones on offer in the TSV also has “scrubbing dots” on it and sounded like a good idea.
Reviews pretty good though some mixed!
Yes, I’ve tried them. They’re very good, in my opinion.

I ordered the set of two last night, although the ones I bought before didn’t have the scrubbing dots, and I also ordered the TSV and applied the SALE15 for both, so I’m sorted for a while. 😉

One of my Daughters tried the discs for the fridge, she said that she didn't find any difference in the time her veg lasted.

I ordered the TSV and the bamboo sheets at 9pm last night. Both have already been dispatched. Whether they arrive is a different matter. 😉

Latest posts

Back