Easyo advice please.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
I love my Easyo and don't have any problems with it setting. I can't ,however, seem to get the thick consistency that they get on the demonstrations.

Any tips please?

By the way has anyone tried making the chocolate truffles made with the Greek yogurt and oreos;, i may give them a try but thought i'd ask what they were like before attempting them.

I love my Easyo and don't have any problems with it setting. I can't ,however, seem to get the thick consistency that they get on the demonstrations.

Any tips please?

By the way has anyone tried making the chocolate truffles made with the Greek yogurt and oreos;, i may give them a try but thought i'd ask what they were like before attempting them.

I mainly use the Greek varietys or the 'and cream' ones and they come up thick but don't stir them. The others are thinner consistency. You can try using slightly less water in the mix LEL.

As others have said, less water. If you watch the demonstrations you'll see the finished ones they use are nowhere near the top mark on the jar.
Also, to keep it thick pour off the whey and don't stir or shake it back in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hi LEL...... Jealous???

image.jpg

I agree, Greek and cream varieties do this, the others don't. I also wait 10 hours at least.

Use a little less water and slightly increase your "cooking" time. I leave mine for 13 or 14 hours for a thicker consistency, which I find works with them all - including the non Greek or and Cream varieties, also when you're filling up your yoghurt maker, add a touch more boiling water so it comes just over the red baffle thing...

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I will try less water.

Burlz i am jealous, that's EXACTLY how i want mine to look.My Greek doesn't even come up like that.

Right off to try a new batch.

I had the same problem LE - but with tips from previous posts mine is now nice and thick.

I fill to line 2-3cm below lid, cook for 9 hours - I take the edge of the cold water with boiling water - to barely tepid, and I pre-warm the container for 5mins then replace the boiling water. Has been said before - maybe that the fact water quality varies around the country affects the setting?

Coconut yoghurt - I always make this during the day so I can give it a good shake a couple of hours before ready - it disperses the coconut throughout the yoghurt and it doesn't rise to the top again.

I had the same problem LE - but with tips from previous posts mine is now nice and thick.

I fill to line 2-3cm below lid, cook for 9 hours - I take the edge of the cold water with boiling water - to barely tepid, and I pre-warm the container for 5mins then replace the boiling water. Has been said before - maybe that the fact water quality varies around the country affects the setting?

Coconut yoghurt - I always make this during the day so I can give it a good shake a couple of hours before ready - it disperses the coconut throughout the yoghurt and it doesn't rise to the top again.
Thank you Frazzled that's a really good tip about the coconut variety, I assume that would work the same for all the 'and bits' varieties.

Latest posts

Back