EasiYo Yoghurt Maker

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rudolf

Registered Shopper
I can't eat yoghurt but my husband loves it. I was thinking of getting him one of these as part of his Christmas present - he likes cooking - are they easy to use, and are they any good? Do you have to make a whole litre at a time?

Thanks for any advice.

I got one last month after thinking about it for ages, and it's one of the best things I've ever got. I'm not a good cook and I've also never been a huge yogurt lover, but I don't get enough calcium and I thought this would be a good way of getting it. I've now done a normal batch, a raspberry one, Greek one and last night made the slimmers yogurt. I've also made drinking yogurt.

It's so easy to make, and the results are delicious. I don't think you can make less than the one litre size, though I suppose there's nothing to stop you only using half the mixture and half the water, though not sure whether it would work. One litre lasts me about five days and I've been having it every day. I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Mixed views on these, but it was with IW.

Very easy to use. Some set but others did not. The ones that did set where brilliant.
The mixes I have bought from other sources and I did not have a problem.

I bought one a few weeks ago and after a couple of false starts (water too cold) it works perfectly every time.

Only problem is nobody likes the taste or consistency of them.

Nesting in the back of the cupboard now :31:

You do have to make a litre at a time, but it's supposed to last 2 weeks (though we've usually eaten ours by then!).

I found it good - the yogurt tasted nice. My only issue was I kind of objected to the price of the sachets. I realise that I may well be saving money in the long term, but buying the sachets always seemed expensive. If you could buy the sachets in the supermarket it'd be much easier.

Probably should get mine out again, but it's another kitchen gadget that's been resigned to the understairs cupboard at the moment!

I'd also say QVC is not necessarily the best place to get it from. I got the maker and two sets of different sachets (normal and raspberry) from Lakeland as the delivery for all of it was only £3.95, whereas it would have been £14.35 just for delivery if I'd got the same items from QVC.

I got the drinking yogurt from QVC as Lakeland don't have it, and last week I got one of the kits they had on today that had another jar and ten different sachets and four fruit squirts which was quite good value.

I have one of these makers and would be reluctant to recommend one because some of the flavours come out a gloopy consistency which my kids don't like and I'm not too keen on but will still eat it. The normal fruity flavours are usually ok like strawberry etc but anything like banana just turn out strange. I still use it now and again when I can get sachets in a local shop but the flavours they offer are limited. Never found it a problem making up the full bottle because it keeps for a week or more in the fridge.

I have one of these makers and would be reluctant to recommend one because some of the flavours come out a gloopy consistency which my kids don't like and I'm not too keen on but will still eat it. The normal fruity flavours are usually ok like strawberry etc but anything like banana just turn out strange. I still use it now and again when I can get sachets in a local shop but the flavours they offer are limited. Never found it a problem making up the full bottle because it keeps for a week or more in the fridge.

It was my banana one that went gloopy too !

thedyre great when they work. i bought two boxes of 10 sachets from yoghurtdirect and not a single one of them has set so far. ive followed the suggestions on here about re-filling with more boiling water and leaving again and that usually does the trick but makes the yoghurt separate. also i dont like the idea of having a milk product hanging around in a bath of tepid water for like a total of 24 hours.

i was really pleased at first but have become a bit disillusioned.

thedyre great when they work. i bought two boxes of 10 sachets from yoghurtdirect and not a single one of them has set so far. ive followed the suggestions on here about re-filling with more boiling water and leaving again and that usually does the trick but makes the yoghurt separate. also i dont like the idea of having a milk product hanging around in a bath of tepid water for like a total of 24 hours.

i was really pleased at first but have become a bit disillusioned.

I was wondering earlier, whether if you do one that doesn't set, is it similar to drinking yogurt or is it completely wasted? I've been lucky so far that all mine have set and I've really enjoyed it, and I'm also enjoying the drinking yogurt, but I did wonder whether if it doesn't set if it was totally disgusting or whether it could be drunk. What do you think?

I was wondering earlier, whether if you do one that doesn't set, is it similar to drinking yogurt or is it completely wasted? I've been lucky so far that all mine have set and I've really enjoyed it, and I'm also enjoying the drinking yogurt, but I did wonder whether if it doesn't set if it was totally disgusting or whether it could be drunk. What do you think?

You can add a half sachet to a ruined one, boil the kettle again and - voila! New pot of yogurt! :1:

You can also use the simply yoghurt from IW or Goldshield. Prefer the easi yo greek to simply's, but adore their lemon and black cherry flavours. Don't like anyone's low fat ones!

Again, I've never had a problem with them setting, and they have been fine even beyond the two weeks. I once forgot I'd made one and left it in the pot for almost 48 hours without any problems, but wonder if that is down to the fact I have no heating in my kitchen (which is downstairs to the rest of the house).

Try it out, and use the MBG if it isn't a success. Everyone has different experiences and tastes.

The more I think about this the more I think it's a rip off

5 x Finest yogs in Tesco are £3 stuffed full of wonderful fruit and double cream which is 750g

The packs I bought were £2.50 each for 1000g of gloopy stuff with no fruit at all

Clever marketing ploy though by those down under to get rid of their surplus milk supplies

I normally buy all my easiyo products in the Julian Graves 50% off sale, the packets of yogurt mix are normally about £1.15. I generally buy enough to last 6 months until their next sale.

I bought mine from IW and its the best thing I've ever bought. I get my packets from Lakeland. Haven't tried the drinking yoghurts yet. Might give them a go next time I stock up.

Thanks all - I will get one and let the old boy play with it at Christmas!

I e-mailed easi-yo about their yoghurts not setting. I had a pack of the Lemon yoghurt which 4 out of the 5 didn't set at all.

I was told to do the following:

1. Two hours before you want to make the yoghurt, draw off your tap water and let it stand so it's at room temperature
2. Make up the yoghurt as per the instructions - adding an extra cm or so of boiling water to the baffle.
3. Leave undisturbed for 14 hours and not 8 like the instructions say
4. If yoghurt hasn't set after 14 hours you can safely leave for up to 24 hours, but DON'T add anymore boiling water as this will apparently kill off some of the good bacteria in the yoghurt. If after 24 hours it hasn't set, then discard.

When I e-mailed easi-yo they replaced all the sachets that hadn't set within 2 days so I was well impressed.

The more I think about this the more I think it's a rip off

5 x Finest yogs in Tesco are £3 stuffed full of wonderful fruit and double cream which is 750g

The packs I bought were £2.50 each for 1000g of gloopy stuff with no fruit at all

Clever marketing ploy though by those down under to get rid of their surplus milk supplies

But its always horses for courses isn't it. At least after the yogurt product has been put in the bag I know exactly where it has been, what temperature it has been stored at, how long it has been made and who has breathed over it. But then I never did like shop bought yogurt, which is why I make my own.

But its always horses for courses isn't it. At least after the yogurt product has been put in the bag I know exactly where it has been, what temperature it has been stored at, how long it has been made and who has breathed over it. But then I never did like shop bought yogurt, which is why I make my own.

Eeek no supermarket food at all for you then, I admire your fortitude.

Latest posts

Back