Easiyo TSV 20/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to like Easyo, but Mr L won't touch it (he didn't like the 'mouth feel' and declared it 'slimy"). I gave up on it, partly because the flavoured ones (which I really liked) were too high in sugar content for me. I buy Fage Total Greek yoghurt now, and put my own flavours in if I want them, or use it plain for curries etc. Noticed recently that they sell it in huge 1kg tubs at the supermarket, which are very good value and one last us all week.

A litre tub only lasts me one day!

That's why I make my own using the Easiyo maker, and a spoonful from the batch I've just made to make the next.

I've posted about this before, I am now well over 1000 litres from an original easiyo packet (but could use a spoonful of any live yogurt)

PS I don't like the actual Easiyo yogurt either

I know this has been mentioned before, but I cannot take Caroline Sandry seriously, as "brand ambassador" for easiyo, along with ninja, tiana, exercise products, etc., etc., etc. I love easiyo, it is healthy, my boxers love it, and did like Jilly Jones presenting it. She also was brand ambassador, for ninja, so QVC seems to have dropped her like a hot brick, and replaced her with CS. Does anyone know if this was the case,or did JJ choose to leave?

Jilly Jones aint gone anywhere she is now working with the buyers to bring us more new & exciting new kitchen items but still presents calico cottage

A litre tub only lasts me one day!

That's why I make my own using the Easiyo maker, and a spoonful from the batch I've just made to make the next.

I've posted about this before, I am now well over 1000 litres from an original easiyo packet (but could use a spoonful of any live yogurt)

PS I don't like the actual Easiyo yogurt either

How do you do that? I love yogurt but sometimes Easiyo is out of budget for me.

Has anyone else tried the crème brûlée EasiYo yet? I am quite disappointed. It's not unpleasant but it just has a toffee flavour. A crème brûlée to me is a mild creamy custard which is not that sweet, contrasted with almost bitter, caramelised sugar. I realise that's hard to recreate in a simple yoghurt, especially without the two different textures, but this is just toffee-flavoured goo. I liked the pictures of it with a side serving of crunchy sugar shards and maybe I'll try to recreate that because without it, the yoghurt itself is bland.

no one has a sweeter tooth than me but easiyo is sickly sweet. it just cannot be healthy. there are far better alternative to yoghurt than these sugar laden "desserts"

To save reading through the whole thread, here is a copy and paste of my instructions:

I use 1 litre Value skimmed milk (now 55P). I sterilise the jar first by filling it with boiling water, leave it 5 minutes, then pour it back into the kettle to use for the outer container.

I stir in about a dessert spoon of the previous yogurt into the milk, then make it in the normal way.

I started with an Easiyo packet (about 4 years ago) and actually I do not like the yogurt from this. Since then, I've done as explained above.

I've got up to 100's of litres several times previously, then one goes wrong. I eventually traced this to the fact that I'd used Lidl skimmed milk, which ALWAYS turns it into cheese, so never again.

EDIT - - you can start it off just as well with shop-bought yogurt, provided it is "live" and this tastes better than the artificial-tasting easiyo stuff.

I meant to bring the above post up to date, but can no longer edit it.

So correcting it to the present day, I DO now use Lidl UHT milk, costing 48P per litre. The reason it previously used to curdle is that it was near its best before date, but is OK when it is fresh, and is the cheapest.

10 gram of the previous yogurt is sufficient to make the next batch.

Latest posts

Back