Easiyo TSV 17/8/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've lost count of the times I've added this to my basket and then deleted it again on many online shops, including QVC. Is it really as good as the presenters claim? Which brand would you compare it nearest too in taste? Is it an ordinary Ski yogurt, or more a luxury full fat Greek? I'd love to hear some opinions before this TSV.

I've lost count of the times I've added this to my basket and then deleted it again on many online shops, including QVC. Is it really as good as the presenters claim? Which brand would you compare it nearest too in taste? Is it an ordinary Ski yogurt, or more a luxury full fat Greek? I'd love to hear some opinions before this TSV.

I would say it has its own taste and texture. Because you're making it yourself, you can make it sharper or milder by how long you leave it to develop.

The creamiest are the "& cream" ones. The greek style ones are quite similar in texture to the supermarket ones, but nothing like Total strained greek yogurt.

Some of the yogourt flavours have a very different texture - and produce "ribbons" when you are spooning it out. Toffee, custard, banana, and I think vanilla all are in this category.

The range of flavours they offer is amazing, and some might be a bit hit and miss. One of the good things, if you're first trying it out is to try a variety of different flavours. If you're hesitant, I'd look out for the offers in Holland & Barratt - they do a good range of flavours and you would be able to try a couple of different ones. Alternatively, Lakeland do variety packs. Thing is, you do first of all need to have a yogurt maker, so if it's not to your liking compared to the yogurts you are used to, it's quite a bulky thing. The TSV may be ideal for you to put your toe in the water - if it's not for you you will be able to send it back. If the pricing isn't great - Lakeland sometimes have offers on the yogurt maker.

Hope some of that helps you!

Yup, i think it is that good.

About half the price of bought yog, but then you eat more of it, so the saving is minimal.

Worth trying a variety of flavours as a starter pack, and once you know what you want to re-prchase, then ebay and Lakeland do better prices, often p&p free.

I love the Greek style yogurts but look around carefully before buying a starter kit!
I bought a basic one from Wilkinsons for a tenner? Had one sachet, one storage jar and the actual yogurt maker.
I also bought another kit with an extra jar and two small jars for a fiver

I like banana flavour. I love the greek and coconut. I've just tried the rhubarb - it's delicious... could be a new fave. I also tried the new passionfruit flavour, which I also really liked. I used to like their mango flavour, but they seem to have reformulated it and it tastes nothing like mango to me now... more like apricot. Strawberries & cream is gorgous too. If I'm honest, I'd rather buy Total greek yogurt, although I do buy the easiyo one.

Total Greek yoghurt is my all time favourite I add fresh raspberries and it's delicious ,if I occasionally make the Easiyo then it has to be the Rhubarb .

I really like Easiyo and bought the kit from QVC a few years ago. There are so many flavours etc you are most likely to find something you like. My faves are Greek and Coconut, and Greek and Passion Fruit. I almost never buy the packs from QVC now as p & p is so much. They sell a good selection in Hobbycraft in addition to the other places people have mentioned.

I've posted in Reasons Not to Shop at QVC - there's an interesting offer on YoghurtDirect... another supplier of EasiYo. I've not used them, but they are well priced, I think, compared to the Q.

Also - Lakeland have the new style Yogurt maker on offer at £8.49. :mysmilie_59:

Hobbycraft have free delivery if you spend £30 which is quite a lot to spend on yoghurt alone but with some of the online shops like the easiyo one you have to spend a lot more. I'm lucky - have a Hobbycraft nearby near Pets at Home so pop in when I go to get supplies for my cats!

I found the flavours vary, and did not like some and some left any after taste. I have now given up and thrown out my yoghurt maker.

I found the flavours vary, and did not like some and some left any after taste. I have now given up and thrown out my yoghurt maker.

i had a kit with the strawberry tasted very sweet loaded with sugar and artificial and not thick like on the tv. binned it

Latest posts

Back