Easiyo - not even greek yogurt setting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned this, but I always measure the temperature of the water I mix with the yogurt powder. When I first got my maker the first batch I made didn’t set, and it could only have been the water being the wrong temperature as I’d followed the instructions to the letter. I bought a cheap barista’s thermometer and it’s been perfect every time since. I use Hanson’s not Easiyo, but I imagine they’re pretty much the same.
The new-design jars come with a stick-on thermometer, which promptly come unstuck, useless rubbish.

I have had to replace most of my original-design jars with the new design as so many have biodegraded and cracked up. And I've also gone through about 3 outer pots, which have virtually fallen to pieces.

A temperature strip came with my Easyio maker so it’s on the side of the pot and has stayed on there even after washing the pot. I made a batch of salted caramel yogurt this morning. It’ll go into the fridge when I go to bed this evening so will be ready tomorrow.

I also make ice lollies with it and they were great in the recent hot weather.

The new-design jars come with a stick-on thermometer, which promptly come unstuck, useless rubbish.

I have had to replace most of my original-design jars with the new design as so many have biodegraded and cracked up. And I've also gone through about 3 outer pots, which have virtually fallen to pieces.
I was thinking of buying an Easiyo maker and pots - there’s nothing wrong with my Hanson ones but the maker has quite a big footprint and I’m pushed for space. I probably won’t bother now 🙂

Hanson’s have half price sales a couple of times a year and I only ever buy the yogurt sachets then. The yogurt’s lovely but Easiyo has a bigger range of flavours. It always seems very expensive on QVC, especially when you add the P&P. I always buy enough from Hanson’s to get free delivery.

I’ve must have been making Easiyo yoghurt most weeks for well over 15 years. The only one I had a problem with was a banana one that was quite gummy. Had to reple my original maker a couple of years ago as I knocked mine over. Fortunately it didn’t have any yoghurt in it.

When I make it, I half fill the jar with tepid water, add all the sachet, put lid on and shake it up very vigorously as if it’s a cocktail shaker! Always check that it’s all dissolved before I add more water. Usually only fill to about 2 inches below the top, then give it a good shake. Then fill flask with boiling water to about half an inch over the red baffle, put jar in and leave for anything between ten and twelve hours. Although a couple of times it’s been left for 24 hours and it’s been fine. These days only really make the Greek style ones.

Hope this helps

Where can you buy Easiyo from on the DHS? I used to get it from Holland & Barrett but they’ve not sold it for years. I only like the plain Greek ones, so QVC’s offerings of multi flavours are no good for me. I do agree though, sometimes they just don’t set!

Where can you buy Easiyo from on the DHS? I used to get it from Holland & Barrett but they’ve not sold it for years. I only like the plain Greek ones, so QVC’s offerings of multi flavours are no good for me. I do agree though, sometimes they just don’t set!
The Range sell Easiyo and it was always a good price but, looking online, I see it’s gone up by about 50% on average. Actually, I think it has everywhere, hasn’t it? Lakeland sell it online so probably have it in their shops as well. At least once a year, they have big discounts online which I assume they do in their shops then, too.

I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned this, but I always measure the temperature of the water I mix with the yogurt powder. When I first got my maker the first batch I made didn’t set, and it could only have been the water being the wrong temperature as I’d followed the instructions to the letter. I bought a cheap barista’s thermometer and it’s been perfect every time since. I use Hanson’s not Easiyo, but I imagine they’re pretty much the same.
I’ve never heard of Hanson’s so I’ll have to look into that. Is it the same method - ie sachets, water and a flask?

The Range sell Easiyo and it was always a good price but, looking online, I see it’s gone up by about 50% on average. Actually, I think it has everywhere, hasn’t it? Lakeland sell it online so probably have it in their shops as well. At least once a year, they have big discounts online which I assume they do in their shops then, too.

I’ve never heard of Hanson’s so I’ll have to look into that. Is it the same method - ie sachets, water and a flask?
Yes, exactly the same. I think they’re both made in New Zealand too 🙂

Sorry Andi K, I seem to have quoted the wrong post 😁
No, you quoted the right post but the bit in quotes only shows the first few lines - if you click on ”expand” in my quote, what you were answering is all there. And thanks for that.

I was thinking of buying an Easiyo maker and pots - there’s nothing wrong with my Hanson ones but the maker has quite a big footprint and I’m pushed for space. I probably won’t bother now 🙂

Hanson’s have half price sales a couple of times a year and I only ever buy the yogurt sachets then. The yogurt’s lovely but Easiyo has a bigger range of flavours. It always seems very expensive on QVC, especially when you add the P&P. I always buy enough from Hanson’s to get free delivery.
Just been looking for Hanson’s and found Hansells….is this the one you mean?
Currently showing with 20% off the £27.50 starter kit..(maker, mixing pot, 2 travel pots and 4 sachets. May be tempted.

Used to make a lot of easiyo with no problems. Then I changed to the new style (red) maker and it was very hit and miss, so just stopped making it.

I have made yoghurt in a slow cooker successfully.

Currently showing with 20% off the £27.50 starter kit..(maker, mixing pot, 2 travel pots and 4 sachets. May be tempted.

Used to make a lot of easiyo with no problems. Then I changed to the new style (red) maker and it was very hit and miss, so just stopped making it.

[URL

unfurl="true"]https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/slow-cooker-bio-yogurt[/URL]
Yes, it’s Hansells 😬 Sorry about that. That deal sounds similar to the one I started with - I got mine during lockdown. I’ll have to have a look at the slow cooker method as I mostly make plain Greek style 🙂

Latest posts

Back