Easiyo - advice please before I start

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm now addicted to Easiyo and am working my way through loads of different flavours. Loving the Greek and coconut, boysenberry and the apple & blackberry at the mo. Want to try the Greek bits varieties with cranberry and the one with mixed berry bits but can only find them in bulk on QVC and nowhere seems to have individual ones.....unless anyone knows any different and can suggest a supplier??

:hi: Do they set well all the way down lizgregs? I've just decanted the first flavoured one I've made and apart from the top couple of inches it poured? I'm making it exactly as instructed and it had been left for about 14hrs?

Frazzled - it is more fluid underneath the top layer (like normal yoghurt) rather than French set style if you know what I mean but that's the way I like it. I have found that if I then put it back in fridge it sort of crusts over a bit again. Just started another Gk coco for lunch time afters.....Loving it though!

As it has been very cold and horrible here, I have mixed the powder with cool, tepid water from the hot tap, filled the flask with boiling water to half an inch above the red baffle thingy and left it to set for a good 16hrs or so. Seems to work for the consistency I like.

"As it has been very cold and horrible here, I have mixed the powder with cool, tepid water from the hot tap, filled the flask with boiling water to half an inch above the red baffle thingy and left it to set for a good 16hrs or so. Seems to work for the consistency I like.[/QUOTE]"

@lizgregs
Warm water from a kitchen tap is potentially dangerous - legionaire's disease at the very worst (death possibly) because the warm water is likely to have come from a hot water tank supplied by a cold water tank. Both the hot and cold tanks can be contaminated with silt, builder's waste, dead mice etc.

Use warm water from a kettle which has been filled from the cold water tap in the kitchen. The cold water supply to the kitchen tap is straight off the water mains.

Frazzled - it is more fluid underneath the top layer (like normal yoghurt) rather than French set style if you know what I mean but that's the way I like it. I have found that if I then put it back in fridge it sort of crusts over a bit again. Just started another Gk coco for lunch time afters.....Loving it though!

As it has been very cold and horrible here, I have mixed the powder with cool, tepid water from the hot tap, filled the flask with boiling water to half an inch above the red baffle thingy and left it to set for a good 16hrs or so. Seems to work for the consistency I like.

Yes, that describes it perfectly, thanks, not just me then. I tastes fine but I would prefer it a bit more set, will have to experiment with some arrowroot or something.

"As it has been very cold and horrible here, I have mixed the powder with cool, tepid water from the hot tap, filled the flask with boiling water to half an inch above the red baffle thingy and left it to set for a good 16hrs or so. Seems to work for the consistency I like.
"

@lizgregs
Warm water from a kitchen tap is potentially dangerous - legionaire's disease at the very worst (death possibly) because the warm water is likely to have come from a hot water tank supplied by a cold water tank. Both the hot and cold tanks can be contaminated with silt, builder's waste, dead mice etc.

Use warm water from a kettle which has been filled from the cold water tap in the kitchen. The cold water supply to the kitchen tap is straight off the water mains.[/QUOTE]

Our hot water comes in cold from the water mains as we don't have a water tank - phew!

@lizgregs
sorry to harp on but if the warm water in the kitchen is coming from a hot water tank there is still a risk. See the following from the NHS website:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Legionnaires-disease/Pages/Prevention.aspx

The two most important factors for preventing an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease are:

temperature – any water in the system should either be cooled to below 20ºC (68ºF) or heated to above 60ºC (140ºF)
hygiene – the water should be kept free of any impurities and never allowed to stagnate (lose its freshness from not moving)
If you are an employer or a private landlord, you have a legal duty to ensure that all water systems in your premises are properly operated and maintained to prevent Legionnaires' disease or any other type of water-borne infection.

If you are a homeowner, you are responsible for the water systems in your house. In theory, these could also cause an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease if they are not properly maintained. However, in practice, the risk is low if you keep your hot water at a high enough temperature and regularly use your water systems (to prevent stagnation).

Sorry couldn't resist adding this bit of info too:

Windscreen wiper water may be the cause of 20% of cases of Legionnaires' disease in England and Wales,” the BBC warned. It reported that the Health Protection Agency (HPA) has said that simply adding screenwash to wiper fluid kills the bacteria and could save lives.

Last edited:
We don't have a water tank at all - was taken out when we had a combi boiler fitted years ago.

I read that about windscreen water a good while ago (think it was when there was a legionnaire's outbreak from some air conditioning unit but we have screen wash in anyway. Am due in hospital next week for an op - assuming the current norovirus outbreak at the hozzy isn't affecting that ward!!! Oh the hazards of modern life.....

Anyway, my Gk coco easiyo was lovely at lunch time and day 2 after putting it back in the fridge it was more solid than day 1. Perhaps this may happen with yours Frazzled???

Off topic but in reply to above.

I am planning to have a combi boiler when the weather warms up (when I can live without heating for a few days) and have my loft tanks removed.

I have always been worried about them (freezing, contamination, etc) and recently had severe damage to my ceiling when one of them overflowed and the overflow pipe was not tight enough.

Latest posts

Back