Ear climbers, yay or nay?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Crinkly

Registered Shopper
They are 'in', apparently. Yawn.

My feeling is that some of them are pretty. Some arent. As with everything.

But what really gets on my wick is the endlessly repeated idea that we should all wear them because they are all the rage.

I buy things if i like them, not because some fashion mag editor (or Q presenter) tells me that everyone else is wearing them!

My sister has a thing for ear climbers, she`s worn them long before they became fashionable. She`s disabled and is in a wheelchair and takes the view that because she cannot stand then the first part of her body people see is her face so she makes it her mission to make it as interesting as possible. Consequently she puts a lot of emphasis on her jewellery, particularly earrings and also her hair and makeup. She`s had a variety of coloured highlights in her hair from bright pink to navy blue and her earrings are always unusual and noticeable, no demure studs for my sis.

I tried one but just wasn't keen, it made my ear stick out a bit too. I think they depended on the anatomy of your ear as to whether they will fit correctly and suit you.

It also felt a bit tacky, in all honesty.

But that's just me, some people look great with them :)

I think they can look very nice on younger people, but on someone of my age they would probably look quite ridiculous!

I don't really like them and wouldn't wear them myself but on someone younger l think they could look great.

I quite like them, but I don't think my ear shape would allow them to sit properly.

I'm normally a (fairly) demure stud person (but at present seem to have an infection - cue the tea-trea oil and no earrings), so a style that goes up rather than dangling down would be more my cup of tea.

I'd certainly give them a try-out if I saw a design I liked, and I don't think I would dismiss them because I'm a bit [cough] older.

My sister has a thing for ear climbers, she`s worn them long before they became fashionable. She`s disabled and is in a wheelchair and takes the view that because she cannot stand then the first part of her body people see is her face so she makes it her mission to make it as interesting as possible. Consequently she puts a lot of emphasis on her jewellery, particularly earrings and also her hair and makeup. She`s had a variety of coloured highlights in her hair from bright pink to navy blue and her earrings are always unusual and noticeable, no demure studs for my sis.

I forgot to say my sister is 67.

Good for her !

I only wear clip ons, and I ordered a couple of pairs direct from China, cheap AND brilliant, so roll on my next cruise !

That would be my worry Lynn. The darned things would be sticking out at odd angles knowing my luck. The only ones I held up to my ear seemed quite long. Or perhaps its my ears that are short lol.

They are 'in', apparently. Yawn.

My feeling is that some of them are pretty. Some arent. As with everything.

But what really gets on my wick is the endlessly repeated idea that we should all wear them because they are all the rage.

I buy things if i like them, not because some fashion mag editor (or Q presenter) tells me that everyone else is wearing them!

I actually quite like them, well some anyway!? Don't like them too big and think they look quite nice and would defo wear one! :mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back