DON'T bring back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatever happened to the aged (German ?) vendor who sold cheap and nasty looking watches - but he pronounced them WAAAAAAATCHES ! ! Well, he hasn't been on for years, which is good.

I DO wish they would bring more Temptations bakeware though, qvc US have a brilliant range.

Marcel Drucker the watchmaker looked very doddery last time he appeared, then they had his brother on once and after that the range disappeared. He may well have shuffled off to the great workshop in the sky by now...

Model's Prefer - as I mentioned in the other thread, I thought it was horrible cheapo makeup, over priced and overhyped.

Uri Geller. Ever.

Those vile creepy dolls (were they Marie Osmond?).

Blu Blocker sunglasses (should've gone to Specsavers love!)

Thomas "painter of naffness" Kinkade

Washballs (didn't work and were frankly, balls).

The Legacy of the Tek Sing (ancient cargo ship that sunk and a load of manky plates were rescued and sold on QVC for about 50 quid each
When they ran out they mysteriously found another sunken ship with more manky plate and they flogged this under the name oh the Hoi Ann hoard so funny you couldnt make this up!!!
Also remember some Diet bar i think they were called Brite Bites or something like that i fell for the patter but they actually tasted like soap
No wet wonder foam carpet cleaner worked for a few days then it actually made your carpets dirtier because it attracted the dirt to the wet patches!!!!

I like Dave Bradford,does anyone know why he left qvc ?

Theres something of the night about that bloke.Ghoulish..AND I can't stand it when I see a guy wearing a combination necklace,bracelet ,and double ring combo thing.It's like he went out and bought all of the gear at the same time..probably from the same shop too.
Thats just naff.My opinion I know but I say it's naff.
I think he's even more bland than white rice.He might be a really nice guy,but I switch off when I see him on.

The Legacy of the Tek Sing (ancient cargo ship that sunk and a load of manky plates were rescued and sold on QVC for about 50 quid each
When they ran out they mysteriously found another sunken ship with more manky plate and they flogged this under the name oh the Hoi Ann hoard so funny you couldnt make this up!!!
Also remember some Diet bar i think they were called Brite Bites or something like that i fell for the patter but they actually tasted like soap
No wet wonder foam carpet cleaner worked for a few days then it actually made your carpets dirtier because it attracted the dirt to the wet patches!!!!

I believe it WAS soap.Hence the name "BRITE Bites".Bet your insides were clean as a whistle after eating them.

Model's Prefer - as I mentioned in the other thread, I thought it was horrible cheapo makeup, over priced and overhyped.

Uri Geller. Ever.

Those vile creepy dolls (were they Marie Osmond?).

Blu Blocker sunglasses (should've gone to Specsavers love!)

Thomas "painter of naffness" Kinkade

Washballs (didn't work and were frankly, balls).

They were selling wash balls only a few weeks ago I believe.

Whatever happened to the aged (German ?) vendor who sold cheap and nasty looking watches - but he pronounced them WAAAAAAATCHES ! ! Well, he hasn't been on for years, which is good.

I DO wish they would bring more Temptations bakeware though, qvc US have a brilliant range.

The named bakeware after the old Motown group? I didn't know that.
What about "The Four Tops" set of replacement caps for softdrinks..

Is he the one who paints "hidden" N's into his scenes for his wife Nora ?

How quaint. I think she took up painting and painted a secret message in each of her paintings when she decided she wanted shot of him. If I repeat the message I'll get banned.Lets just say it took her 7 paintings to spell out the whole message.

"Seriously expensive cakes". I think they were called seriously scrumptious, oh, and some pudding company that used to sell horribly overpriced sticky toffee puddings and the like, think they were about £20 each which of course is "terrific value" if you think about it (yeah right)....I think you'd need your head seen to if you parted with that sort of money for a dessert!

Don't think she's gone, but not really interested in seeing that awful Aussie bag of sinew with her pilates paraphenalia and sicky soups any time soon!

i remember the brite bites guy - he had a cardboard cut out of himself propped up on the set from when he was 'much larger'. he actually looked exactly the same and i swear the only difference is he was flogging his bars wearing a very tight stiff corset. you could see he couldn't move in any direction, he was stiff as a board.

um, i like thomas kinkade........................*hiding in corner*:blush:

I can remember a 'fashion' range from yonks ago called Casamia - lots of tops with anchors, braid etc. in about 46 different colours.

Who was that woman who did the hair 'Stylees'? Lorraine or Lesley or something. I did have a couple of those but the dog chewed them up!

I can remember a 'fashion' range from yonks ago called Casamia - lots of tops with anchors, braid etc. in about 46 different colours.

Who was that woman who did the hair 'Stylees'? Lorraine or Lesley or something. I did have a couple of those but the dog chewed them up!

Oh yes, I remember them. The elastic on it was so tight it gave me a headache, BUT it did hold my hair back :sweat:
does anyone remeber the German guy who sold a DIY juicer? you placed the fruit in a cup and then put a sort of upsite down citrus juicer appliance on top and srewed it together. Only thing they did not tell you was that if you have more then 2 grapes in the darn thing you would struggle like hell getting any juice out.

Oh yes, I remember them. The elastic on it was so tight it gave me a headache, BUT it did hold my hair back :sweat:
does anyone remeber the German guy who sold a DIY juicer? you placed the fruit in a cup and then put a sort of upsite down citrus juicer appliance on top and srewed it together. Only thing they did not tell you was that if you have more then 2 grapes in the darn thing you would struggle like hell getting any juice out.

The german juicer.....Amazing piece of kit! Well for citrus fruits anyway. I've never got so much juice out of oranges and grapefruits etc....the skin is literally clean when you take it out.
I'd agree that for anything else, hard fruit or grapes it was pretty pants!

Funnily enough that, and the "stylee" are two products I couldn't live without!

i remember casamia - and also fabrizio.

the stylee lady was lesley and she went to ideal world.

i remember the brite bites guy - he had a cardboard cut out of himself propped up on the set from when he was 'much larger'. he actually looked exactly the same and i swear the only difference is he was flogging his bars wearing a very tight stiff corset. you could see he couldn't move in any direction, he was stiff as a board.

lol I remember the brite bites man just like that too, I'm pretty sure there was some big legal claim against the company and they dissappeared god only knows what was in those bars but something possibly undesirable?! I bought some from the outlet too becasue I tohught they always looked really nice - yukky, they weren't

i think the stylees lady went over to IW

The german juicer man was funny - didn't he always wear leather trousers.

Hermann Speilwaren bears - Charlie and Steiff are enough - think Hermann bears are on IW now. I remember the guest from Hermann Spielwaren bears was on with one of the presenters who has left might be Cara Baker anyway she called him Hermann, juvenile i know but it was very funny :sun:

I believe it WAS soap.Hence the name "BRITE Bites".Bet your insides were clean as a whistle after eating them.

they were vile and very expensive, and you could eat about 2 brite bite toffees every day to become size small

Here is the diet man. His name is Marvin Segel and methinks he is the son of the QVC founder Joseph Segel. (I find it oddly reassuring that I can remember names like Marvin Segel when I can't remember where I've parked the car, why I walked into this room etc etc)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1557043876/

Latest posts

Back