Do You Think Any Presenters Read This Forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes Yes Yes! & now we have a poodemic - ubiquitous lockdown dog getters.... (that's a whole new thread....& rant) =manifestations of ****- minefields in the park, & trees littered with plazzy **** parcels!!! WTAF. Take it home with you - BIIT's.
Someone just up the road from us had 7 French Bulldog puppies stolen from their house last night. I don`t know the people who live there but Mr V does and he says she`s been posting pics of them on facebook and other websites since the day they were born and advertising them for £2500 apiece. That`s a hell of a lot of money and animal shelters will end up inundated with unwanted pets when the lockdowns end and kids return to school. Whoever has stolen the poor little things needs horse whipping IMO but it`s also obvious that people are mating their dogs during lockdown in order to make money. Makes my blood boil.

Yes Yes Yes! & now we have a poodemic - ubiquitous lockdown dog getters.... (that's a whole new thread....& rant) =manifestations of ****- minefields in the park, & trees littered with plazzy **** parcels!!! WTAF. Take it home with you - BIIT's.
Yep, soooo agree. There is a whole generation of kidparents who haven't a clue in the rules of owning a dog. They think 'oh, we're home all day now, we'll get a puppy for the kids'. Give me strength.

As a dog owner of many years, and talking to other regular dog walkers, we're experiencing the same thing re dog poo. Noticeable (and look away if you're of a sensitive nature) is the size of the turds !! that get left. Clearly larger dogs leave their deposits the size of submarines, yet owners of these monsters never pick up after them. And again, in all my years of walking, I rarely, if ever, see a man walking a dog with a poo bag in his hand.

Mr L is finding it hard to recover (mentally and physically) from his op and I often wonder if a wee dog to walk and look after would be the answer. However as neither of us have owned a dog I worry about the logistics of it and there is absolutely no way I would not do it 110%.

Unfortunately it hasn’t taken lockdown to come into contact with irresponsible dog owners, I get sick and tired of walking knee deep in dog dirt in residential areas every bliddy day.

Round my way filled poo bags hang from the trees and bushes like disgusting decorations!

Many times I have remonstrated with the tosser that tossed the bag but I usually get a mouthful of abuse back.
Possibly preferable to getting the poo bag lobbed at you...

Mr L is finding it hard to recover (mentally and physically) from his op and I often wonder if a wee dog to walk and look after would be the answer. However as neither of us have owned a dog I worry about the logistics of it and there is absolutely no way I would not do it 110%.

Unfortunately it hasn’t taken lockdown to come into contact with irresponsible dog owners, I get sick and tired of walking knee deep in dog dirt in residential areas every bliddy day.
Would there be a possibility of volunteering at a dog shelter?

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds shite, but I'd love to do jury service......

I've always dreaded the thought & get relieved when someone I know gets called because I see that as lengthening the odds in my favour. I'm claustrophobic, get bored very quickly, have a weak bladder until early afternoon, don't care about civic duty, & I'm very judgemental so I'm not really juror material In fact I'd try to use caring for little granddaughter as a reason to have my name put back into the hat. I know they have more than are needed on the first day, so does anyone know if the barristers get an opportunity to quiz the jurors to see the type of people they are or is it just a random selection by the clerk of the court?

sounds shite, but I'd love to do jury service......

I've always dreaded the thought & get relieved when someone I know gets called because I see that as lengthening the odds in my favour. I'm claustrophobic, get bored very quickly, have a weak bladder until early afternoon, don't care about civic duty, & I'm very judgemental so I'm not really juror material In fact I'd try to use caring for little granddaughter as a reason to have my name put back into the hat. I know they have more than are needed on the first day, so does anyone know if the barristers get an opportunity to quiz the jurors to see the type of people they are or is it just a random selection by the clerk of the court?
Mr V wasn`t quizzed. There were 18 people turned up and all names were fed into a computer and 15 people are randomly chosen by the computer, the other 3 are sent home straight away , never to return. The remaining 15 are given a number and all 15 are sworn in, the computer then randomly chooses 12 who will then sit on the case. When that case ends then the process is repeated with all 15 people for the next case. Mr V sat on a case last week which ran from Tuesday to Friday and was hoping the computer would chuck him out this week but he was picked again so is sitting on a case which will probably last until Friday and then his service will end.

A diamoneque full size crown said to be worth £10k was auctioned for Breast Cancer Care.

The final figure and the winner were clouded in mystery (to put it very politely) and it is believed it saw daylight many years later in the procession of a presenter.
I like the use of the word PROCESSION (whether intended or not) as I can just visualise the "suspect" wearing it while in a procession down the grand staircase of a palace.

A diamoneque full size crown said to be worth £10k was auctioned for Breast Cancer Care.

The final figure and the winner were clouded in mystery (to put it very politely) and it is believed it saw daylight many years later in the procession of a presenter.
And the whole fiasco, which had media cover/advertising, will forever rankle.

The crown was the first nail in the BCC and QVC coffin.

The final nail which cost BCC big money was afternoon tea with Joan Collins at the Ritz's. Flinty decided to bid and won as a gift to her bestie Sharon, who was always going with her to QVC. Of course the rules stated no employee of QVC could enter. The whole thing had to be cancelled and the money returned to the people who bid. Then QVC and BCC parted ways.

Oh, BCC is British Cancer Care.

I was called for jury duty some years back. I would have loved a good murder, but at the time they were calling a jury for a super grass trial. Friends told me to be careful as people sit in the gallery and will follow the jury members home and let them know with a gun not to find the person guilty.

Day two of sitting in the waiting room to see if I would get called to serve, and I had a massive cold which then went on to be a chest infection. I had to go home and send in a doctor's sick note. I do remember it was the most boring thing ever just sitting waiting as they went through the process of calling people for each case going on that week.

The crown was the first nail in the BCC and QVC coffin.

The final nail which cost BCC big money was afternoon tea with Joan Collins at the Ritz's. Flinty decided to bid and won as a gift to her bestie Sharon, who was always going with her to QVC. Of course the rules stated no employee of QVC could enter. The whole thing had to be cancelled and the money returned to the people who bid. Then QVC and BCC parted ways.

Oh, BCC is British Cancer Care.
Breast Cancer Care, now called Breast Cancer Now. I recall they merged with another breast cancer charity.
Obvs, the merger was with Breast Cancer Now!!

I was only called for jury service once, for a date when my first child was due to be born, so I was excused. But disappointed that I was never called again.

Yep, soooo agree. There is a whole generation of kidparents who haven't a clue in the rules of owning a dog. They think 'oh, we're home all day now, we'll get a puppy for the kids'. Give me strength.

As a dog owner of many years, and talking to other regular dog walkers, we're experiencing the same thing re dog poo. Noticeable (and look away if you're of a sensitive nature) is the size of the turds !! that get left. Clearly larger dogs leave their deposits the size of submarines, yet owners of these monsters never pick up after them. And again, in all my years of walking, I rarely, if ever, see a man walking a dog with a poo bag in his hand.
I see these humungus terracotta turds. What do these people feed their animals? The cheapest filler filled cardboard, it seems.

Round my way filled poo bags hang from the trees and bushes like disgusting decorations!

Many times I have remonstrated with the tosser that tossed the bag but I usually get a mouthful of abuse back.
photograph, name & shame. Give deets to newspaper, or post on a 'next door' type site.

Latest posts

Back