Distance Selling - cancelling and refunds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

qvcAddict

Registered Shopper
Reading all these threads has got me thinking about the Distance Selling Regs.

Because I returned little I have not had much reason to think about previously but recently I have had to pay the dreaded costs of a few mistake purchases.

Under the regulations we have the right to cancel an order within 7 days of receipt so therefore is QVC's 30-day MBG really a bad thing rather than good!

Their website terms state:
9.4 We will refund the purchase price of the product together with the delivery charge you paid to receive the product.

However, due to their constant selling of the 30 days we 'forget' to take advantage of this fact and stupidly don't benefit from the regs.

I think I have put a couple of things straight back in the post without even thinking about this and don't reckon QVC have ever refunded my original postage......

Thoughts anyone else?

Reading all these threads has got me thinking about the Distance Selling Regs.

Because I returned little I have not had much reason to think about previously but recently I have had to pay the dreaded costs of a few mistake purchases.

Under the regulations we have the right to cancel an order within 7 days of receipt so therefore is QVC's 30-day MBG really a bad thing rather than good!

Their website terms state:
9.4 We will refund the purchase price of the product together with the delivery charge you paid to receive the product.

However, due to their constant selling of the 30 days we 'forget' to take advantage of this fact and stupidly don't benefit from the regs.

I think I have put a couple of things straight back in the post without even thinking about this and don't reckon QVC have ever refunded my original postage......

Thoughts anyone else?

Your absolutely right.
We have missed out by waiting longer than the 7 days to send an item back and receive a refund on the postage. It never takes me more than 7 days to make my mind up if I'm going to keep something though. Has anyone actually send something back and received a refund on the postage using the 7 day (distant selling) cut off?

brilliant thread

What a great thread.
I feel QVC CS certainly don't flag this or even attempt to inform us of our stat rights. I recently ordered The Paul McKenna DVD set in desperation at 11pm only to be told at 9am the next morning that my mum already had the system. I phoned immediately to cancel the order, was told it was too late then when I did return it took over a month to credit my account less P&P!!

If you are using the DSR regs then you cant send used goods back, and you are not entitled to a refund of software and persihable goods, just bear that in mind :)

You are allowed to open and inspect goods, but you couldnt use some say face cream then send it back under the DSR

If you send an email and quote you are cancelling "under the distance selling regulations "thingy they will note your account and you will get a full refund,or if you don't have email you should write to QVC dept R Liverpool L70 2QA stating the same----within 7 days of ordering------ and you will also be refunded in full.:54:

If you are using the DSR regs then you cant send used goods back, and you are not entitled to a refund of software and persihable goods, just bear that in mind :)

You are allowed to open and inspect goods, but you couldnt use some say face cream then send it back under the DSR

Forgot to mention that.Goods should be unopened or unused.:1:

Forgot to mention that.Goods should be unopened or unused.:1:

You are allowed to open and inspect items, this is one of the reasons for the DSR , it gives you the same advantage as buying in a shop as you can inspect goods in a shop and you cant online until you get it delivered

The vast majority or items you are allowed to open and inspect, Make up, Perishable goods, CD's , Software, DVD's off the top of my head are some of the execptions and are excluded

I just had a look at the QVC website and you are right QVC addict . You might end up saving me a fortune . I have in the past tried to cancel a few hours after ordering and have been told to refuse to accept the parcel at the door . And I too make up my mind really quickly after opening the parcel . So what shall I buy with all this spare postage money ?

Yes . You're right , Deanos , I forgot that . Another thing I don't like is when you phone up to cancel and they say they can't stop an order because it is 'being processed' . And then you don't receive the item for 7 days or more . I really don't understand what makes their delivery times so slow .

Are you saying that if you return an item immediately that you get your postage back, because most things I send back on the day I receive them, as when I open them I know if I like them or not, but I have never had postage returned.

It depends, under the DSR you have to inform them you are returning the item within 7 working days of delivery, you then have a certain time to return the item and you are entitled to the original cost and postage back but not the cost of postage to return the item.

If you just send the item back withou saying anything they will presume you are using the 30 day MBG

Latest posts

Back