Did QVC forget its Christmas??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They also haven't done all the usual ' we will pull all the stops out to get it to you for Christmas ' malarky this year either. They used to almost guarantee they would get it to you up to a certain date and I haven't seen any of that this year at all. No real mention of getting things by Christmas that I have noticed. In fact I saw a bit of a Lori Greiner show today and they were saying something to the effect of you will be lucky to get this by Christmas so I must have missed the period where they were saying they could get it to you in time - perhaps that was in September :happy:

I went into Cardiff Saturday with my mum. I was in by 9am and it was lovely. The streets and shops were quite empty. I enjoyed myself until about midday when the masses started churning in. Then I remembered why I hate shopping and promptly got the next bus home! I have mainly done mine online but it was nice to go into John Lewis, Crabtree & Evelyn and the gorgeous, individual shops in the old arcades. If it wasn't for people I would do it more often!! Only ordered a LG purse for my mum present wise off Q this year. The p&p, the number of days they take to despatch and the general lack of anything appealing has put me off :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

They also haven't done all the usual ' we will pull all the stops out to get it to you for Christmas ' malarky this year either. They used to almost guarantee they would get it to you up to a certain date and I haven't seen any of that this year at all. No real mention of getting things by Christmas that I have noticed. In fact I saw a bit of a Lori Greiner show today and they were saying something to the effect of you will be lucky to get this by Christmas so I must have missed the period where they were saying they could get it to you in time - perhaps that was in September :happy:

debbie mentioned in the tsv launch that they guarantee delivery before xmas up till thurs 20th.

Sorry Yorko, not my experience yesterday. I was stupid enough to visit primark, to get the Onesies promised to young members of the family. It was hell! Heating on too high, too many people, a sea of clothes yet unable to find the sizes I wanted. A queue a mile long at the tills. Having to walk about a mile just to reach the bus stop over the road from primark. A gaggle of people at the bus stop. The bus was late. It then stopped st EVERY stop. I remember thinking "thank goodness for online shopping". Sorry, I hate shopping at the best of times. The only time I like it is when it's a weekday, I have the day off, no children with me, I know what I want, where it is, no one else within 50 meters of me...find it, pay, get the hell out of there and buy a coffee and a nice lunch somewhere. I don't aimelessly browse, hate it when I feel hounded by others.... Aaargh..... Deep breath.

But that's Primark for you. I can't bear the place so rarely set foot in the place. If I have to, then a good couple of days are needed to psyche me up for the experience

But that's Primark for you. I can't bear the place so rarely set foot in the place. If I have to, then a good couple of days are needed to psyche me up for the experience

On the odd occasion I go in I can never find anything at all, yet my friends seem to get some lovely things from there! I must go in at the wrong time lol oh well.

I have a love hate relationship with Pimark. I love it because its cheap and I can pick up some lovely stuff. The hate part is the set up on the shop, it resembles a jumble sale and is always packed with people no matter what time of day you go. Dont even start me on the queues for the till.

They said yesterday that its just stuff on air before 20th that is delivered before christmas.

I like going into Primark but never at Christmas time because its bedlam. Sometimes I`ve been in and its all tat, other times I`ve found a lovely little gem and I think its luck of the draw with Primarni. Last time I was in there was the end of November for some fleecy jammies for my daughter in law. The nearest Primark to her is Swansea which is quite a trail for her with 2 kids so whenever I visit her I take her a stock of Primark fleecy pyjamas which she loves. Whilst I was buying the pyjamas I found a lovely black cardigan with a fully beaded peter pan collar for £14 which was much less than the £35 I`d seen them priced in other shops. I won`t go near the place during the Christmas shopping period though.

I have a love hate relationship with Pimark. I love it because its cheap and I can pick up some lovely stuff. The hate part is the set up on the shop, it resembles a jumble sale and is always packed with people no matter what time of day you go. Dont even start me on the queues for the till.

BUT those queues move really fast!

Latest posts

Back