Did QVC forget its Christmas??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
Ok so we have the Saturday night gift show.The world and its wife know about *gifting* to each other,from all the presenters.But really?? Where are all the gifts to buy?

Ok so a long time ago,we used to have sets of ornaments to buy.Quacker christmas jumpers and bags.

Then there were the super-duper beauty TSV's

Then we used to have LOADS of jewellery and diamonique.....affordable pendants like initials or star signs.......sets of watches or earrings....

Last year we have sets of honora.....a super-duper Nails Inc for about £25

Ok we were scraping the bottom of the barrel last year....but this year???? OMG like watching paint dry...

Now I may not have bought all or any of the above...but I could they making an effort for me to part with my money.

It doesn't take much to get me to buy a kipling bag or a bit of eek...if theres the "all out and throwing it at you shows" ie on 3 eaasy pay!!

But this year....nowt!!!

QVC has lost the plot when its presenters suggest you spend £50 on a present for a friend. Had insomnia last night and watched a Lulu Guiness hour and it was being suggested that a teensy weensy shiny coin purse for £52 plus p&p would make a perfect gift for a friend.

Goodness, my husband and I don't spend that on each other at Christmas, preferring to spend it on our daughter instead.

There seems to be a notable absence of bargain priced items in the £10-£15 range. I remember Gossip watch TSVs. Ideal for fun, low prices presents. I think QVC are only interested this year in selling items with bigger margins.

I haven't bought anything from QVC for Xmas. It's either come from Amazon or The Dreaded High Street. We've had a new John Lewis at Home open up where I live, and they've had some of my money this Xmas. 10 minute drive and free parking too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I`ve bought nothing from Q this Christmas. Argos, Amazon. Boots, Debenhams have all had my trade and much of it in October when Debenhams had one of their 20% off and blue cross sale.

Considering they have been harping on about it since July , you would have thought they would have had plenty to tempt us with , but absolutely NOTHING ! I've bought quite a few presents from them in the past but bought nothing this year (present wise). Mind you I'm still so pi$$ed off with them regarding the treatment of Graham. Even the TSV's aren't that much of a bargain now. All the beauty TSV's are over £40 now, nearer £50 with p &p.

I have bought SIGNIFICANTLY less this year. I got a few bits off last clicks in Mischa by design. I have bought 1 beauty TSV just for me, and that's the Emma Hardie one. I have bought quite a bit of Mally though, as I have been so impressed with the vast majority of it- i only returned 2 things. The only thing from Q that I am using for Christmas gifts is the Mally set, which if you like the colour and therefore will use every bit of it is a very good price. I have the Avon brochure in front of me and I have worked out that the prices are comparable, they say £3.50 per item.

The rest of my gifts for people are from L'Occitane website, Avon, Amazon for the children's things and Primark!

I've done a lot of mine in matalan,boots,amazon and ebay.

I bought the LG TSV for me but the jury's still out on that one,so that may well go back yet.

QVC has lost the plot when its presenters suggest you spend £50 on a present for a friend. Had insomnia last night and watched a Lulu Guiness hour and it was being suggested that a teensy weensy shiny coin purse for £52 plus p&p would make a perfect gift for a friend.

Thank goodness they didn't tell you it would make a great stocking filler!

Ive not bought any pressies this year from Q but have from lots of other retaliers on line.

Had a day off on Friday and visited Dantes Inferno, sorry the High Street and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Bought loads of stuff and managed to make it home without being ripped apart by zombies. Go on try it youll like it

Ive not bought any pressies this year from Q but have from lots of other retaliers on line.

Had a day off on Friday and visited Dantes Inferno, sorry the High Street and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Bought loads of stuff and managed to make it home without being ripped apart by zombies. Go on try it youll like it

Sorry Yorko, not my experience yesterday. I was stupid enough to visit primark, to get the Onesies promised to young members of the family. It was hell! Heating on too high, too many people, a sea of clothes yet unable to find the sizes I wanted. A queue a mile long at the tills. Having to walk about a mile just to reach the bus stop over the road from primark. A gaggle of people at the bus stop. The bus was late. It then stopped st EVERY stop. I remember thinking "thank goodness for online shopping". Sorry, I hate shopping at the best of times. The only time I like it is when it's a weekday, I have the day off, no children with me, I know what I want, where it is, no one else within 50 meters of me...find it, pay, get the hell out of there and buy a coffee and a nice lunch somewhere. I don't aimelessly browse, hate it when I feel hounded by others.... Aaargh..... Deep breath.

I got a pack of chocolate coins for £1 (still quite a bit for what it is!) today - that's a real stocking filler, not something very expensive but small in size.

From July to Dec 24th. every other word is Christmas, gift, gifting , giftable or Emu. Jan is spent flogging Diet chef and Zumba because apparently we've all ballooned out of all recognition. From Feb to July everything is geared towards holidays so hours of Abi and AY discussing the horrors of sunbathing and the miracle that is Ultrasun. Lots of maxi dresses designed for the 5ft 10. and over and hours of lectures about the importance of exfoliation because we've neglected our skin in the winter under all those jumpers.
After the. holidays its back to Christmas, gifts and Emus .The shows are on a loop with more repeats than Gold.

Sorry Yorko, not my experience yesterday. I was stupid enough to visit primark, to get the Onesies promised to young members of the family. It was hell! Heating on too high, too many people, a sea of clothes yet unable to find the sizes I wanted. A queue a mile long at the tills. Having to walk about a mile just to reach the bus stop over the road from primark. A gaggle of people at the bus stop. The bus was late. It then stopped st EVERY stop. I remember thinking "thank goodness for online shopping". Sorry, I hate shopping at the best of times. The only time I like it is when it's a weekday, I have the day off, no children with me, I know what I want, where it is, no one else within 50 meters of me...find it, pay, get the hell out of there and buy a coffee and a nice lunch somewhere. I don't aimelessly browse, hate it when I feel hounded by others.... Aaargh..... Deep breath.

That sounds like poo, I must admit I did go early when the shops first opened so it was fine. Also it wasnt weekend, dont think Id have gone today though

From July to Dec 24th. every other word is Christmas, gift, gifting , giftable or Emu. Jan is spent flogging Diet chef and Zumba because apparently we've all ballooned out of all recognition. From Feb to July everything is geared towards holidays so hours of Abi and AY discussing the horrors of sunbathing and the miracle that is Ultrasun. Lots of maxi dresses designed for the 5ft 10. and over and hours of lectures about the importance of exfoliation because we've neglected our skin in the winter under all those jumpers.
After the. holidays its back to Christmas, gifts and Emus .The shows are on a loop with more repeats than Gold.

That is the most brilliant synopsis of QVC I have yet to read, the only thing missing is the handbags shows for us to cart around all the stuff that they think we should be buying from them.......

That is the most brilliant synopsis of QVC I have yet to read, the only thing missing is the handbags shows for us to cart around all the stuff that they think we should be buying from them.......

Yes you're right in an especially made for QVC. design and obviously inferior quality . I forgot the nail polish in a neon shade that will be perfect for toes, to be worn with more especially made for Q birkies .

i was saying the same to my other half the other day remember when QVC had a great variety of products. christmas lighting, DIY for your men folk (why do qvc presenters always say on the DIY show this is the most popular and busiest show on qvc then dump it for usually beauty days) as hubby says the mark up on beauty products are huge as most of whats in them is water lol. men ...we also used to have some great cooking products, and remember when they used to do kids toy shop then you used to have calanders and candles too i still have candles from the time they did there 1st prices tsv they were great

I agree...I may not have bought it all................but there was a time when QVc brought different things for their TSV's at Christmas time....

Q have been their own worst enemies this Christmas. Extortionate p and p charges, poor quality and choice of goods, lots of complaints about poor delivery, items going missing, arriving late, not arriving at all or being damaged and the pushy OTT sales patter which puts people off buying in the first place. Many of these issues were raised with them long before the Christmas rush, on here, on their FB page and personally by many of their customers. So it serves them right if their Christmas sales are down and maybe one day they`ll actually listen to their customers !

I've bought a necklace for my niece in last clicks, but that's it. Last year I went quite mad buying for my daughters.
Like others have said, nothing has tempted me, it's all over priced and quite honestly, I'm still not friends with Q because of their treatment of Graham.

I haven't even bought a knife sharpener from them this year, unlike last year.

I've just bought a frying pan from Tesco for my OH though (but it was an item on her wish list)! Difficult to wrap it was too.

All I've tried to buy this Christmas is a pair of Honora earrings and they have to be returned because they are very badly matched in size and colour. Am still waiting for the pre-paid return label after nearly four weeks. A covering letter arrived but there was no label with it and I can't help thinking it's a ploy to keep our money as long as possible.

I don't buy make up, bedlinen or yoghurt from QVC and the few things I am interested in are so overpriced now so my disappointing experiences this year have cured me once and for all. I'm giving them a miss from now on before I get the dreaded "letter" about the number of returns I've made but will continue to enjoy this forum.

Latest posts

Back