Diane Gilman TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WOW!
Talk about exploding on the screen!
I think Debbie Flint is going to have her hands full with Diane :thinking:

I think its because she's been poured into the white. I'd look crap in the white and i'm a size 14. My cellulite means I can't ever get a pair of white jeans or trousers.

I feel if she was in a darker colour, they'd look great on her

I think its because she's been poured into the white. I'd look crap in the white and i'm a size 14. My cellulite means I can't ever get a pair of white jeans or trousers.

I feel if she was in a darker colour, they'd look great on her

Those cropped jeans are way too long. I am 5'6" and they would look daft on me. Diane said she is 5'7". The models are taller than her, but the jeans look longer on them.

I REALLY dont think the tele does any favours for plus size models. I dont know what size the young lady is, or the true size of Joy or any of the other plus sizes; BUT I am a size 20/22 and 5'7, and no way do I look as big as any of them - perhaps having skinny legs helps.

And yes the backstage stylist will not help the sale of white crop jeans to us larger ladies when the young lady model looked a disaster in them ! - sorry but its true. I'm not saying big gals should wear black and disappear, but there is certainly a way to wearing colour and flatter at the same time - I've had years of experience at it.

I agree, regardless of your size nothing makes you look bigger than you are then wearing clothes that are too small. If the model was put in a larger size they would look so much better on her.

i didn't really notice debbie but all the models looked like they were in a size too small to me.

I agree, regardless of your size nothing makes you look bigger than you are then wearing clothes that are too small. If the model was put in a larger size they would look so much better on her.
I agree, she was at a disadvantage because she had large thighs and the white jeans accentuated that:doh:

Well she definately said she was in her mid sixties on the early reeats this morning because I thought she was brave to admit it. She also said something like she is 1501bs which is about 11 stone isn't it, DF said "eh, you sure?" but then she says she gets into a size 6 or 8.

Well she definately said she was in her mid sixties on the early reeats this morning because I thought she was brave to admit it. She also said something like she is 1501bs which is about 11 stone isn't it, DF said "eh, you sure?" but then she says she gets into a size 6 or 8.
Well that explains why her size 8 are always so baggy on me.
Lynn

I REALLY dont think the tele does any favours for plus size models. I dont know what size the young lady is, or the true size of Joy or any of the other plus sizes; BUT I am a size 20/22 and 5'7, and no way do I look as big as any of them - perhaps having skinny legs helps. ..

I'm so glad you said this. I often think the same and then doubt whether I'm fooling myself about how large I appear to other people ! I'm more of a pear shape and I wish that sometimes they would have a plus size model with my shape rather than large busted and slim leg (relatively speaking) shape.

This is my first time watching Diane Gilman and the sizing seems a little odd to me. I know i'm not the demographic being only 27 but the waist sizing seems really large for the sizes! The 8 is a 28.5 waist and usually that should be a 26 or 27 waist :confused: the presenter said "you notice the waist sizing is a little larger than usual but that is just how they work". Surely if they are too big, they will not fit! Don't you think?

SHe just said she has 32" waist but can get into 6 or 8, well on size chart that is a size 14.

I thought she said she had a 30" inch waist and fits intp a size 8! :wonder: Also.. a hot pick came up and she asked what it is! She has been on qvc uk for 4 years apparently! Surely she should know what that is! :yawn:

I thought they looked a terrible fit on everyone,apart from the model amanda (?) when I saw the presentation this morning.The knees were baggy on all of them.Ok,so I'm not the greatest crop trouser/jean fan.....I think crops are a bit of a fashion crime......but I really did not see a well fitted garment on anyone this morning

I thought she said she had a 30" inch waist and fits intp a size 8! :wonder: Also.. a hot pick came up and she asked what it is! She has been on qvc uk for 4 years apparently! Surely she should know what that is! :yawn:

Older women lose their waists. We tend to have large stomachs and thick waists and no bottom. This is the target market for Diane's jeans and jeggings. Therefore her trousers are shapeless.

I'm one of the few that were very happy with their jeggings from the last TSV. Fitted me well around the bottom and waist and were a little baggy on the legs. BTW I walked 5 miles in them yesterday when we had a day of sunshine and I didn't even have to hitch them up once.

I won't buy today's TSV as I'm not bothered about cropped jeans and I have some good Next jeans that are very comfortable.

I was checking out the Evans clothing website, hoping for a pair of jeans to replace the Jaeger jeans that cost me a fortune and have gone through on the inner thigh, don't they always?, and they are now doing clothes fitted to various body shapes, stating clearly that you may have to go down a size because they are cut more appropriately! Hooray for Evans!

Going back to DG, I was looking at the fit chart and, because DG is the "Fit Model", if you look at her she is almost an apple, they would be useless on me, I have a near hourglass (quite a large hourglass I hasten to add) shape and her waists are too large and the hips too small, ie if I bought the right waist size the hips would be too small and if I bought the right hip size the waist would drop off me, so I am going into my nearest Evans to see if this new cut of jeans, and they are only £22, will suit! Also, the only cuts that suit me is either a wide flare or a straight leg boyfriend style, my knees are too chunky for a bootcut where the flare starts below the knee, it makes my legs look really foreshortened and all chunky thigh. I am always suspicious when they are telling us that this or that style suits everyone!

Latest posts

Back