Diane Gilman TSV 30/04/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The DG TSV prices are creeping up aren't they? Not keen on boot cut so my money's safe!

Although I have quite a few pairs of DG jeans these aren't doing anything for me plus the hit and miss on the sizes is a pain in the neck (this is my opinion and does not reflect the opinion of this forum in case anyone is offended)

I have a couple of pairs, really like them. I am a bit miffed that every pair I want when I need a replacement is out of stock in my size.

I bought a pair of the so called 'high rise' ones recently, and I am reasonably pleased with them. The sizing issues concern me, maybe I was just lucky with the pair I bought? Ideally, I'd prefer them to be an inch longer in the rise to accommodate my belly & butt, but hey, can't have everything. I'll probably risk a TSV purchase just in case they're wonderful!

I wore my black DG's last week (washed and worn many times) and the dye rubbed off onto my new lime coloured jacket sleeves after sitting in the car...not happy :mysmilie_10:

Blimey, a bit expensive if she's using cheap dye.

What I can't stand is her saying "you're my sisters....." I don't know the rest of the sentence as I've hit the mute button by then.

I really need some new straight - oops I mean skinny - DG jeans but they just don't seem to fit as well as they used to and I'm fed up of sending them back. My weight hasn't changed so maybe they're using a different pattern. Very frustrating.

Her styles give me a baggy bottom. I have a pair somewhere, no idea where. Only suitable for the allotment. Like the fact there is no zip and just elastic

Every time there's a TSV I think I will try them,then I read the comments and change my mind.Lol....Dont like the sound of the dye coming out.May try the lighter colour.......

I tried a pair of her jeans in my normal size but they were so tight I couldn't get into them so my money is very safe, particularly after hearing about the dye coming out. Touble is, when someone tells you they're designed by women for women and the fit is perfect, you kinda believe them. Or used to. Thank you, STF!

The recent TSVs seem to be made of an inferior cloth compared to a few years ago - money safe.

They do seem to be getting more expensive, even the TSVs, especially when you add on the p&p. Considering you can get a pair in M&S for around £22 & try them on to get the best fit there & then.
Having said that, I do have some Diane Gilman pairs from previous TSVs & some are ones I turn too much more than other jeans I own. I've never found that ordering my high street size is a good fit though, always had to go down a size.

After a lot of umming & aahing, I've taken a punt on the blue ones, which sufficiently different to any of my other jeans to make them worth a try. Hopefully, they'll be a lovely summer addition to my wardrobe. If not, they'll be heading straight back!

I ordered these in black in the same size as I ordered on the superstretch bootleg tsv last year and the fit is the same so I am happy.

I'm a tall size 18 and buy regular size 16 which fit great.

They aren't fantastic quality but OK super comfy and I wear a lot. I always tumble dry so the elastane goes but I have had plenty of wear out of them. So will toss the old ones.

If I was a high street size 10/14 I don't think I'd get these I stick with proper denims but they are perfect for those like me who aren't comfy in proper denims anymore.

Thinking of whether to order the white for a summer look or whether I will look like a heffalump.

Last edited:
My blue ones arrived today, I will try on shortly, after my shower. Hopefully, they'll be lovely and I'll order some more. Will report back ...

Latest posts

Back