Diane Gilman TSV 28/10/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After the fiasco on sizing during the last DG visit, I thought this one might be more straightforward. If Julia is a UK size 10, given the stretch in the jeans, why would the size 8 DG be too big for her? How many sizes down are you supposed to go for gods sake!! I am size 14 bottom half and was interested in the black ones, but got in a dither when they said model Catherine was wearing the 12, which is what I would have gone for being so stretchy, but then i thought Catherine is smaller than me, although she has chunky legs, which I don't have. In the end after watching the show and the repeat, i ended up ordering nothing and after changing my mind again, went on the website to see that the size 12 black are on waitlist! Obviously I was not meant to have them, but I did order the DG swing tunic top on 2 Easy Pay.

I think it's a bit unfair to criticise Julia on this occasion for requiring a smaller size than the TSV has to offer.

I hear what you're saying in which case the powers-that-be should have insisted that another presenter appeared for the launch wearing whatever size is applicable to them which is also available to the viewers! To have someone standing there spouting that the smallest size they had was still, in fact, TOO BIG for her is not acceptable in my opinion. This is the so-called Number 1 Shopping Channel and they should stop treating their valued customers like absolute idiots!

I hear what you're saying in which case the powers-that-be should have insisted that another presenter appeared for the launch wearing whatever size is applicable to them which is also available to the viewers! To have someone standing there spouting that the smallest size they had was still, in fact, TOO BIG for her is not acceptable in my opinion. This is and they should stop treating their valued customers like absolute idiots!

It made me cross because Diane Gilman obviously makes these jeans in smaller sizes but the so-called Number 1 Shopping Channel are not making them available to British viewers.
Begs the question why not?
If their presenter requires a waist less than 29" with a 4" stretch could there not be other women out in there who would too?
Yes - ME!

I think it's a bit unfair to criticise Julia on this occasion for requiring a smaller size than the TSV has to offer.

The fault lies with QVC for their total lack of flexibility re sizing and their cynical manipulation.

Their presenter does not fit into the smallest size they have to offer so they get a pair of jeans to fit her so we can all marvel as to how good they look on the models and the presenter.

Sometimes QVC you really tick me off!

Why don't they simply use a presenter for whom they have a size that fits! Basically, they should have used Debbie Greenwood or Claire Sutton who are better in proportion that Julia.

Frankly, though I have ordered a pair of the jeans in indigo, I thought everyone looked terrible in them apart from Diane. Catherine (who I think is beautiful) is certainly a more realistic model than most but those jeans gave her legs that pigs trotter look. Same with her mum. I think that jeans are a really difficult item to wear well; nothing to do with size, more to do with proportion. I am slim and an average height but have to admit that jeans aren't the most flattering item of clothing on me as my bottom is wide lower down and my legs are on the skinny side so I tend to get that "U" shaped drape down the back of my legs.

Also, and this is just a personal opinion, I hate those tunic tops that make your legs look really short. Worse still if they flare out at the bottom; they make people look like the elephants in Fantasia.

Last time I ordered the size 14 (normally an M & S 16) - they were fine and I was delighted - however, don't know whether I've shrunk (doubtful!) or they've grown bigger, but it got so that I was having to hike them up every five minutes, they were sliding down my hips and I hate that swinging gusset feel :grin: so now I stick to my M & S ones...besides which, my legs just don't do "skinny"...!

Why do QVC insist on giving us clothes that are not the 'proper UK size' if there is such a thing. I really like the look of these but cannot make my mind up on size and am not going to spend nearly a tenner p&p to buy a couple of sizes to try. The more I watched the presentation the more I got confused so have decided to just stick with buying from the 'dreaded high street' where you can try them on (and take them back) for FREE!!!!

i thought she just said she went down a size - not that she went down a size smaller than 8. i may be wrong

hmmmmm......i said this in the emu boots discussion. if they're going to put sizes on them at all, why the heck can't they put the right size? all these guessing games like "if you're i size 12 buy the size 8 because of the stretch" or whatever........why??? (the one pair i did buy, i just got my usual size and they fitted ok. i wouldn't buy again though because of the front pocket linings hanging out all the time.)

i personally thought they looked more like leggings because they were clinging round the knees so much, especially on jane. the camera was right on her knees when diane announced "and they DON'T cling to the knees"........

I want to like kathy taylor.Truly I do.I think shes the most down to earth presenter going.

But I can never get past the bumbling and mumblings and normally feel so sorry for her,in what shes wearing.

This morning,Kathy YOU LOOK GREAT :clapping: and wearing a MH top!!!!

I am not a fan of stretch jeans. I know they're really comfy but I prefer old fashioned denim ... you know where you are with that. The sizing on the DG jeans and the "remember you've got four or five inches of stretch" has me completely confused about what blumming size to buy! Add to that the fiddle of sending them back and I'm not sure I can be bothered to pay £8 or whatever for the chance to try on jeans that don't fit because the sizing isn't clear.

I am a size 18 in rigid denim jeans but can go down to a 16 in stretch jeans. So would I buy an 18, 16 or a 14. In a shop I'd try the 16 but might need the 14.

I'll not bother.

Reading all this now I'm sure the 10 will be too big for me when they arrive. If they are then I'm going to complain to customer services that the presentation was very misleading. Probably won't get anywhere but it's worth a try. This is the first thing I've bought for ages from QVC. Should have known better.

i thought she just said she went down a size - not that she went down a size smaller than 8. i may be wrong

You're not wrong Ringtree, that's definitely what she said.
Ridiculous to use a presenter who says she can't fit in the jeans they're trying to sell !

All her boasting & bragging, wonder if she'd feel quite so smug if she'd overheard my OH when he walked in the room & saw what I was watching. He's never seen her before.
Quote....
"Bl**dy hell, I've seen more meat on a bike frame. Got legs like an anorexic spider."

I ordered these before the launch with the link that was posted on here,it did not come up with a size 8 available so ordered a 10,now after reading all the comments I am sure they will be too big. By the way I ordered a ronnie nicole dress in a size 8 because JR said that was the size she was wearing but when it arrived it was way too tight for me across the bust and I am no where near as large as her.
Lynn.

I watched it back again and she said hers were the next size down from the size 8 QVC were starting with!!!

I cant stand vanity sizing! What the hell is the point?

Anyway, i know its personal thing but as a "proper" size 10 (if such a thing exists??) i think i am even too big to wear skinny jeans and last night i did not see one model who looked good in them (in my opinion) but each to their own!! Ripples under the butt and around the thighs are not a good look!!

Latest posts

Back