Diamonique for Engagement and Wedding Ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd go for the real thing everytime. If you really think about it, it's not relevant now that most couples save doing the biz for the honeymoon which in the past made it a very special event, so basically now it's just a glorified holiday and soon over, whereas a diamond will last your lifetime. If a bloke presented me with a diamonique ring as an engagement ring I'd be extremely pissed off and would tell him where to shove it. Shallow?? Possibly....but I don't care. :SUE: :pPC:

Couldn't agree more, PPC. My OH messed me about with tales of 'I don't believe in marriage,' yadda yadda.

He paid for it in carats. Real carats.

i woud not care so long as my man was a 'good un' and life was good :60: hehe i have to say i have that very man, ok ok so i have the rock to go with the sentiment, but to be honest rarely wear it as i have a very slim wedding band and i love that look on its own

on the other hand, my EX daughter in law demanded a ring which cost £3k, and then a diamond set wedding ring, then 4 months after the wedding ran off with another man, have to say me n hubs were glad even though my boy was at the time devastated.(she was underhand and evil)

the the daughter in lawask my son if he wanted to buy the ring off of her cos she did not want it(i mean what a cheek) he told her to send it where the son don't shine

so all in all i wish he had bought her a last click silver diamoneeeeeeeek

ps, son now 12 months later has got himself a lovely new girlfriend:7:

Last edited:
You all dissin' me here?:11:

I have both real and Diamonique, love them all. I wouldn't have had a problem with a less expensive engagement ring at all. :20:

I wouldn't swap my 1ct solitaire diamond ring for anything, it's not my original engagement ring I got it for my 40th birthday pressie just 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant with our son!:LOL If we had known I was pregnant I doubt I would have got it as the money would have been spent on baby stuff, but I had already got it!

I wouldn't swap my 1ct solitaire diamond ring for anything, it's not my original engagement ring I got it for my 40th birthday pressie just 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant with our son!:LOL If we had known I was pregnant I doubt I would have got it as the money would have been spent on baby stuff, but I had already got it!

That's a great story BJ. Hope he bought you a matching eternity ring for the birth! ;)

hi all..........i have both real & fake diamonds & mix & match them all & get loads of compliments...if money is tight & you would still like real diamonds then go for the ones they call multiplicites.......they are several small diamonds set so they look like one bigger one.......hubby calls it diamond creek.......+ another tip if it helps is buy the ephiphany ones as the platinum coating makes them look much much better that the plainer silver ones do........failing that get on ebay & buy the ones from USA they are great at doing fake rings......hope that helps BUT as a ps note,,,,my youngest was admiring a cz ring & thinking she could get engaged quicker IF she opted for the cheaper option as hubby to be was saving in a ring pot for her ......we asked her to wait & theywent off to birmingham jelery quarter & had one made for a fraction of high st shops......shes now married & very hapy she waited a little while longer.........BUT the end note is what it means to you both & not the cost.........best wishes

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if my engagement ring was real diamonds or fake, as long as I knew. My own engagement ring cost, I think, £135 - it has emeralds, not diamonds. I chose it myself and it was well within our budget at the time (around 14 years ago). I've half considered replacing it over the years, but I don't wear it very often and every time I consider getting a new one, I put it on and realise how much I still love it. Our wedding rings were real cheapies as well (I think £55 for the set) and every now and then I suggest to DH that we get new ones, but he wants to keep the one that I put on his finger on our wedding day even though the gold is so thin that his has bent into an oval shape. For me the marriage is the important thing, not the superficial outward trappings.

Julie

I dont even have an engagement ring I didnt want one, but we did go to an independent jewellery designer Mary Doran and had our wedding rings made in 22 carat white and yellow gold.

http://www.goireland.com/down/mary-j-doran-attraction-craft-shops-id28253.htm

OH did buy me a white gold eternity ring though which I fell in love with on a city break to London in one of the antique Jewellers on the Kings Road

Latest posts

Back