Desert Island Beauty Products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mysteriousgirl

Registered Shopper
:happy: Which 3 beauty items from QVC could you not live without? Everyone is allowed Ultrasun which in my opinion is the best sunscreen money can buy. We shall also assume we have our make-up bags with us because there are too many vital cosmetic items to contemplate doing without!!

For me, if I was on a desert island and wanted to preserve my looks for being rescued or look lovely in case Man Friday turns up looking rather dishy, I would have to have the following:

- Philosophy Hope In a Tube - I can't bring myself to use anything else and panic if I start to run out.

- Ojon - (I use Shine & Protect but as I'm limiting myself to 3 items I am hoping there is a shampoo and conditioner combined? If not, I'll opt for the shampoo).

- Clientele Elastology Night Cream - I would have said Philosophy Hope in a Jar but I think I'd need something richer to combat the effects of the harsh sun (open to suggetions).

I am now feeling traumatised that I haven't got any Philosophy Shower gel or body lotion . . . !!

Mine would be

Cleanse and Polish
Superskin Concentrate
Brightening Treatment
All Liz Earle

Great thread MG

Sarah Chapman Eye Cream
Gatineau Melatogenine Face Cream
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

Gatineau melatogenine face cream
Aveda colour conserve shampoo - got to protect my natural :)thinking2:!!) colour
Clarins hand cream - if AY was so high up at Clarins, why don't QVC stock it??????

Cleanse and Polish
Gatineau Defi-lift cream
Gatineau Eye cream

I have a small problem now as I don't have anything to wash my hair in - but I don't use any particular - sometimes ojon sometimes regular supermarket type stuff!

A'Kin - Rose & Geranium cleanser
Korres - Wild Rose moisturiser (and serum!)

And if we're on a desert island I'd better have some sunscreen so ...

Korres - Sweet Orange or Watermelon SPF

Sorry to include non-QVC products ... I don't buy much skin care from them as they don't stock what I like!

Will have to have manky hair!!

I try not to get hooked on to products that you can only get on QVC as they have a nasty habit on suddenly stop stocking them.

1/ Chanel Cleansing Oil

2/ Elemis Maximum Moisture Day Cream

3/ Molton Brown Wonderlips Boooster.

4/ Aveda Dry Remedy shampoo.

(Ok, mine is a bit of a cheat as the first one isn't available from QVC, and the third used to be, but isn't now - but these are my genuine multi-repeat holy grail purchases).

Elemis Sensitive Cleansing Wash
Nuxe Creme Nirvanesque (was on QVC but now have to buy from Boots Beauty Boutique)
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

To be perfectly honest I could happily live without any of them.
A pot of Nivea
A bar of Pears
Any old shampoo/conditioner and I'd be quite happy on a desert island (chuck in Ewan McGregor and I'd be sorted!)

Philosophy Purity Cleanser
Decleor Neroli Oil or Baume Essential
Liz Earle Daily Eye Repair

L'Occitane comes up a lot and also Liz Earle. i must say, having been using Philosophy Purity Cleanser for the past couple of weeks I am going back to LE Cleanse and Polish as I seem to have got rather spotty. Has anyone else found this? Perhaps it's drawing out all the impurities but I rather wish it wouldn't!!
Thanks guys for all your posts - it really highlights the best products.

Latest posts

Back