Dennis Basso TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
I see this guy is back so soon! Do QVC really think we want another TSV in this range when so many of us disapprove of why he is where he is today? :down:

not everyone disapproves. i like dennis basso. i dont have a problem with the fur trade. i think his haute couture designs are incredible. if he wants to sell raincoats with fur trim on QVC its fine by me. i'd suggest that given his popularity on the channel, the objectors are in the minority (except on ST.com of course)

I see this guy is back so soon! Do QVC really think we want another TSV in this range when so many of us disapprove of why he is where he is today? :down:

I'm in this group, I shan't be watching, the guy gives me the heebee geebees!! :down::down:

Just watched the link and was shocked, not by Basso or his fashion, but by some of the models' legs. I'm not too bothered one way or the other about Basso, especially as what he brings to qvc is quite safe and quite stylish, but using anorexic catwalk models really should be banned. Not good, not good at all.

Well I wouldn't wear that cheap, brassy looking tsv whoever had made/designed it, it's vile. :mysmilie_460:

Horrible overpriced tat peddled by a loathsome man who makes me shudder when I inadvertently catch a glimpse of him and his gruesome wares.

Frankly whatever this man was selling, he'd be total turn-off ,just something about him that gives me the serious creeps. Wouldn't buy his coats on principal but he could put me off buying just about anything.

Just putting a point out here, but how many random QVC viewers would know about DB real fur business unless they were an ST.com member?

I would never buy anything off this disgusting man. I always have a QVC-free day when he is on. I don't watch, buy or even go on the website when he is on.

...what he brings to qvc is quite safe and quite stylish, but using anorexic catwalk models really should be banned. Not good, not good at all.

IME big furry coats need tall, skinny skinny people to avoid the womble look. Anyone who, like myself, is on the short and dumpy side can look like a little comical. I tried one years ago, laughed at the ridiculousness then sent it straight back. :giggle:

Not my style at all. I don't understand why people would want a fake fur coat that supposedly looks real - do they really want to look like they're wearing a dead leopard? Does anyone really believe that fur looks glam any more? To me it looks tacky, outdated and dead.

he's gone off set poorly....more likely needs to check his FB page to delete posts pronto like he was last night!

I didn't know he had a FB page ... oh what fun!!!!!!!!!!! :mysmilie_488::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_504:

Just putting a point out here, but how many random QVC viewers would know about DB real fur business unless they were an ST.com member?

I didn't Tabs! Was clueless until I joined ST. I even bought one of his horrible creations. A rain mac which fell to bits within a year or two. I'm still angry that I bought something from him. I wish I'd done some research on him before I bought. It just didn't enter my head that he dealt in skinning animals. I didn't think QVC were into supporting people like that.

IME big furry coats need tall, skinny skinny people to avoid the womble look. Anyone who, like myself, is on the short and dumpy side can look like a little comical. I tried one years ago, laughed at the ridiculousness then sent it straight back. :giggle:

You're right floozie..I am just about 5ft tall and when I tried on a big faux fur I just looked like someone's teddy bear!

I think the TSV looks really old fashioned.

I've never bought a basso coat and don't intend to.

I do think he does the odd one,where I've thought - that was really nice - but as with most QVC fashion,they way the show the clothes is awful - really old fashioned.

I'd like to see some of his cropped coats with boyfriens jeans,nice caterpillars and a plain t shirt - why do they think everyone wears pencil skirts,formal trousers and stilletto's???

Latest posts

Back