Dennis Basso OTO last night

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dennis Basso

After seeing this thread, I did some 'Googling' to see if I could find out more. I thought I had heard Dennis Basso say several times on his shows that he still works in real fur and he mentions frequently that he has stores in the states.

I found a website named Win Animals Rights which was very much against DB but it didnt mention other fur companies of which there are many in the USA which was strange. I would have thought they would all have got a mention in the Hall of Shame!

The other sites which did crop up were this one (Some Shopping Telly threads from the past came up in the search) and an American site.

On the Amercan site, the contributers said that they were actually going to boycott QVC for supporting him.

Some people wont buy his faux furs but will wear leather products for instance from Centigrade.

Others like Stella McCartney are devout vegetarians and wont wear leather, wont eat meat and fight for amimal rights.

I suppose its a question degree of the feelings of the individual. In the past I have bought Joan Rivers jewellery. Apparently Joan buys real fur from Dennis Basso so is that were some of my hard earned has gone and would I have purchased if I had known?

I personally would never dream of wearing real fur, but I do wear leather shoes and boots but confess I have no idea whether the amimals were treated in a humane way before they were culled. I must say that this thread really has made me think.

Hi all
feeling very pleased with myself got the full length rever faux fur coat on 3 easy payments for under £60. Anyone else got this? i reckon the sizes run large so ordered a size medium (hoping it's a 14-16) i ordered redwood as leopard had sold out in an instant

Davina
You'll love it. I bought it last year when it was full price. Have you seen the hat to match?

i once bought a Dennis Basso scarf but binned it after i discovered he makes profits from killing innocent animals unfortunately they never tell you on qvc tv that he is involved heavily with the real fur trade. I am glad you got a bargain and hope you enjoy it but the poor animals often dont. personally i would not support him ever again bu buying anything from his range.:62:
I didn't realise he dealt in real fur, thought it was only faux. If that's the case I won't be buying his stuff again.

Latest posts

Back