Decleor v Gatineau

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have tried Gatineau, Decleor and Elemis, and there are products in all ranges I like, but mainly I prefer Gatineau, their throat gel really works for me and I have absolutely smooth line free sking from my chin down, I prefer defi lift as that has also kept my skin smooth, I found Elemis eye products the best, and for moisture during the winter I love the Iris balm, and the best exfoliator for me is phytopeel. I would rather use natural products but vanity has taken over and if it works I use it, although I think the results from all three are over stated in some cases.

I recently tried ROC and got really good results, I think it just depends on your skin type in the end and what suits you and what you like using.

Im another one who doesnt like the smell of the gatineau products but i rate the foaming cleanser which comes with the brush for deep cleansing.

Decleor face products all the way for me but i was never really keen on the body stuff - especially the hand cream Julia raves about all the time! I experiment with other ranges but always come back to decleor.

I've tried most of the QVC beauty brands over the past few years and have favourite products from all the ranges. I can't do without the Decleor Prolagene gel, but find their moisturisers just too rich for my skin. It's not an attractive look being a human fly paper!

The Gatineau Melatogenine and Defi-Lift products were nice to use, but I can't say I saw dramatic results. However I'm loving the new age benefit serum and moisturiser. I've only been using it for a few weeks now and I've noticed that I hardly need any makeup at all now - just a few swishes of mineral veil powder and I'm done.

I'd much rather use natural products, but have allergies to some ingredients in those ranges too - even A'kin and Liz Earle. I have really sensitive eczema prone skin, yet Gatineau works ok for me! It just goes to show we're all different and what works for one, will cause a reaction in another. It's all a case of trial and error and seeing what works best for you. Good luck!

It would come down to who would bore you to sleep first...for me it would be Fiona(prob within about 10 mins) :taphead:

Andrew would put me to sleep, I don't find him interesting to listen to whereas Fiona I enjoy listening to.

I have tried both and am not overly impressed with either..though individually each brand has some reasonable items.
I think they are very over rated and overpriced for mediocre results.
Decleor products smell nicer imho!!!

As someone keenly interested in dermatology, I have to agree with the above quote. I tried Decleor in the mid nineties and liked it, but even then I thought it was over-priced. I tried it recently and was very disappointed as it did very little for my skin. In fact, my skin felt uncomfortable and looked dull. Essential oils can be highly irritating to the skin - even though Decleor products are meant to be safe for sensitive skins - and you have to bare this in mind. Natural products (whether more natural or otherwise) can irritate the skin because certain plant extracts and oils can play havoc with delicate skins. There is NO scientific evidence to back Decleor's claims - but the fact that only Alpha Morning contains a measly spf 12, should sound alarm bells. Nice smells, some pretty oils will NOT protect your skin from the envronment. There are NO tried and tested anti-ageing ingredients of note but the addition of varous plant extracts is admirable. The concept of natural and chemical has to be looked at too - EVERYTHING is a chemical, and 'natural' does not make it better. In my experiance, its the 'natural' brands that can cause the most problems. Not that products loaded with synthetics is better, mind. Decleor is not as natural as you suppose - some of it is pretty natural (the balms and oils) whilst other products are fairly standard. They smell nice and feel nice but frankly, most of it has little sun protection and if you are spending a small fortune for it, in these stressful, poluted days an spf is vital. Gatineau is a 'high-tech' brand which also uses plants and other substances. It's luck of the draw whether it will irritate the skin but one things is for sure it is woefully over priced. Product wise, its better than Decleor. But both are ridiculously priced and there is no real justification for it. They won't tell you that there will be people alienated from buying it - people on budgets etc. Surely they have the right to try these heavenly products? SAVE your money and go on a holiday instead. There are good brands out there which are better priced. Look for those instead and don't compare your skin to anybody else's. Good Luck!! X

Latest posts

Back