Decleor TSV 20/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can only speak to my own experience, which is this: I don't buy to sell on Ebay but I am very disciplined in selling off the bits from any beauty kit which I either won't use or am not that keen on, which is usually 1 item per kit, sometimes 2. This helps enable me to buy more of the kits I like as I'm not "wasting" money on the bits I don't want. I keep the cash I make from this in a separate account, which is the one I use for any Easy Pay instalments and often the item that I sell covers at least one and sometimes all of the remaining easy pays on the kit that I've bought.

There are many others like me who do this and are on Ebay. You can tell these sellers as they are often private sellers (not business sellers) and they will only have a single quantity of that item to sell, rather than several units to sell. If they are also based in the UK and have a good feedback rating, then it is highly likely that you are just buying an unused item from a QVC TSV. HTH!

Out of curiosity, I've made a few purchases over the years mainly art and books from Ebay- but I see a lot of Decleor and other skincare names being sold on Ebay, but I've always been wary of buying in case they're ripped off imitations which can cause skin damage, but I'm also thinking with the bad people sellers, perhaps there are some genuine stockists too - anyone have any idea or have used ebay?

I can only speak to my own experience, which is this: I don't buy to sell on Ebay but I am very disciplined in selling off the bits from any beauty kit which I either won't use or am not that keen on, which is usually 1 item per kit, sometimes 2. This helps enable me to buy more of the kits I like as I'm not "wasting" money on the bits I don't want. I keep the cash I make from this in a separate account, which is the one I use for any Easy Pay instalments and often the item that I sell covers at least one and sometimes all of the remaining easy pays on the kit that I've bought.

There are many others like me who do this and are on Ebay. You can tell these sellers as they are often private sellers (not business sellers) and they will only have a single quantity of that item to sell, rather than several units to sell. If they are also based in the UK and have a good feedback rating, then it is highly likely that you are just buying an unused item from a QVC TSV. HTH!

Dips, this is a very helpful post, thank you - I also wish I was as disciplined as you as my stash just gets bigger and I end up giving things away as presents, which is nice sometimes but other times the cash would be very useful!

i have bought fakes from e bay but have always got my money back as i could always tell when i got the goods they were fake. benefit, mac and bobbi brown amongst other are the most faked items. but dips has made some good points to help get round that problem.

Dips, this is a very helpful post, thank you - I also wish I was as disciplined as you as my stash just gets bigger and I end up giving things away as presents, which is nice sometimes but other times the cash would be very useful!

Tarketta, I started doing it when I went through a very tough time financially, but now it's just second nature to me. As soon as the kit arrives, I take out the item I don't want and list it on EBay. The reverse is also true, if I only want 1 item from a TSV, I don't buy the kit from QVC, I look at EBay after the TSV is over to buy just that item.

I do the same i.e. sell in an item from a tsv that I know I won't use on eBay. It helps with the cost of QVC postage and often pays for one easy-pay instalment which makes me feel a bit better if I've bought a lot at one time! Recently I've bought the Elemis, Decleor and Benefit all on easy-pay so may need to review the stash to see if I can sell a couple of items to pay for an easy-pay or 2!

When Hermes collect do they give you a proof of posting like the Post Office do?
All the years I've been with QVC never had Hermes collect before.

They just gave me a Hermes sticker with a phone number on it, so I just hung on to that until I received my replacement.

Last edited:
Thanks to you all for the reply to my question. To be honest, I hadn't even thought of this but what you say makes sense as we don't want all of the items that come in kits, perhaps I'll do the same thing too.

i have recently saved ££££ only purchasing items I need from a TSV on eBay.
I look for the sellers that regularly buy TSV's to sell on. I know then that the item is genuine and straight from QVC. Many of the TSV's are £45 plus and I rarely use all the items.

Latest posts

Back