Decleor TSV 13/1/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anyone compared the results of L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Lotion against Decleor Systeme Corps?

I buy products from both brands do I'm not looking to criticise either brand just looking to see if anyone has a view as to whether the results of one of the above products is better than the other after regular use?

DJ x

Has anyone compared the results of L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Lotion against Decleor Systeme Corps?

I buy products from both brands do I'm not looking to criticise either brand just looking to see if anyone has a view as to whether the results of one of the above products is better than the other after regular use?

DJ x

I do not like the original Systeme Corps, not moisturising enough for me, I always used the L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Lotion but now I sometimes use the newer Systeme Corps the one that says Nourishing as opposed to Moisturising, it is much richer but it has not ever been done in the supersize yet or a duo on QVC so I tend to buy it from Cheapsmells.

Thanks Sazza, I'll look out for that version. I've got a sample of the original and it has quite a 'dry handle' which is pleasant to use (not really done more than dabble as tube is too small to test out properly) but I wondered if this was at the expense of how good a job it might do.

Was tempted by the 250ml duo but I'll not bother. Thank you.

Another vote for L'Occitane here as well. However, for the summer, I can recommend the system corp glow, used every other day, for a nice natural self tan on legs etc.

def need the L'Occitane in the winter as the Decleor is not moisturizing enough for me, but I do like the system corp glow in the summer, which gives me a lovely colour, so I agree with Dips

Keen to try the cleanser but have the oto moringa balm on the way so a no from me

Ive tried the cleanser and didnt like it at all, smells of soap and left my skin so dry after, and i have combination skin, so dread to think if u had dry skin and tries. Even foolishly ordered it again few mnths after i first bought, as the usual spiel on QVC made me think mayb i didnt giive it long enough however used it for a good mnth and didnt like it one bit, buy i guess u could try using there 30MBG or check on ebay see if they have some of the travel sizes u could try.

DJ x

I wanted to like system corps as it smells so good but when I tried it in the late 90's I got an allergic reaction. Has the formula changed now?

I use L'Occitane shea body lotion- I have dry skin and it is fantastic. Also like the l'Occitane shea body cream and SBC body butters. I use one or other of them every day.

Did anyone else hear Catherine say on a show this afternoon that the TSV sold over 14000 when it was on last year and they had only half of that number this time around. I seem to remember that they usually have around 20000 ish for a Decleor TSV, so it rather looks as though the stock today is the remains of last years original stock. I believe that QVC deal with suppliers on the understanding that they can send back an excess of stock which doesn't sell after a certain amount of time. Perhaps the reason that this weekends original new TSV was "put back" is because Decleor HO refused to take back:thinking: 7000 units of Octobers one, whilst simultaneously shipping over a new large shipment

Last edited:
Noticed on the 10 o'clock show they introduced the caveat of QVC being the only 'official' stockist of the 200 ml cleanser and that if you see it anywhere else, they're not an 'official' decleor stockist. How DESERATE.

Noticed on the 10 o'clock show they introduced the caveat of QVC being the only 'official' stockist of the 200 ml cleanser and that if you see it anywhere else, they're not an 'official' decleor stockist. How DESERATE.

....someone's been reading ST forum .....

I wonder whether suppliers are dictating tougher terms, with all of these repeat shows. Either QVC don't have the readies to stump up for 20,000 units (which is probably unlikely) or Decleor is saying "no can do" until the remaining 7,000 units of the old TSV are sold. I imagine Elemis would probably say the same with the leftover 20,000 December TSV's. After all, if QVC can't flog these leftovers, how do Elemis & Decleor expect to either? Maybe they are not prepared to stump up the money to manufacture a different TSV (with zillions of units) for QVC with unwanted and potentially unsaleable stock (unless they hocked em off at £20 each) lingering about.

I wouldn't be surprised if Elemis & Decleor are suffering like many other companies at the moment in the recession and want to keep stock levels down and preserve cash flow. High end beauty products are often the first to be cut back upon when people have less disposable income. That's certainly the case in my household.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In the end, sense reigned and I didn't order. I couldn't afford to pay for it in one go this month and I remembered I already have 2 easy-pays to cover from Elemis and Deceleor in progress. I have a rule to not have 3 or more EP as that's when it starts to hurt especially if you've forgotten about them. I regularly use the cleanser and the Experience de L'age but don't NEED any of these items at the moment. However, if the TSV had been £40 inc postage, I would have bought it (paying in one go). It is very, very clear that they are not selling the volumes of beauty TSVs that they used to do. It is not unrelated to the fact that most TSVs now cost £50-£60 delivered and the P&P is ridiculous.

As I'm a bit of a nerd, I did a few calculations. From my own experience, I expect that QVC pay something like £1-£1.50 delivery cost on an item like the Decleor TSV, so let's give them the benefit and say £1.50. Then there is the outer box, now I bet Decleor have to supply the TSV already packed in an outer postage box, but again, let's give QVC the benefit of the doubt and allow 30p for the outer box. They also need to make a margin to cover investment in warehousing, packers, IT systems etc so let's allow them a very generous 60% gross margin allowance to cover these and still leave them a decent net margin profit. Finally, the government wants it cut so that's another 20%. So what does that make (£1.50+£0.30)*1.6*1.2=£3.47, so £3.50 would be a fair and realistic p&p charge for this item. What was it, oh yes, £4.95, bring the total delivered price of this TSV closer to £60!

i have used decleor system corps once and have used l'occitane she body lotion for around 8 years. never repeat buy the decleor as its not very moistourising. it smells lovely but my skin still felt dry so not for me

Latest posts

Back