Decleor Confession...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I was watching the Decleor show last night and they had a collection which featured several of there masks and the topic of having a Decleor facial at a salon came up, Fiona then said that the masks they use in facial were not the ones they sell for retail, they were much more powerful.

Ive never heard this mentioned before, so does they mean all of the retail products from Decleor are different to the ones they use in the salon? Ive watched a fair amount of Beauty shows over the years and ive never heard this mentioned before, In fact they often use the line "These are the same products the beauty therapists use in the salons" as a selling technique.

I dont use any Decloer products atm but this would certainly put me off buying from the range in the future...

As far as I know, products used in the salons are more concentrated and they come in bigger sizes.

As far as I know, products used in the salons are more concentrated and they come in bigger sizes.

I understand them having bigger sizes however i think its wrong for them to be more concentrated in salons, It surely gives a person a false impression of the brand.

I was watching the Decleor show last night and they had a collection which featured several of there masks and the topic of having a Decleor facial at a salon came up, Fiona then said that the masks they use in facial were not the ones they sell for retail, they were much more powerful.

Ive never heard this mentioned before, so does they mean all of the retail products from Decleor are different to the ones they use in the salon? Ive watched a fair amount of Beauty shows over the years and ive never heard this mentioned before, In fact they often use the line "These are the same products the beauty therapists use in the salons" as a selling technique.

I dont use any Decloer products atm but this would certainly put me off buying from the range in the future...

Most of the products are the same, the moisturisers, aromessences etc....there are just a few masks/treatments which are not retail products and only for therapists to use.

I know when I had a Decleor facial they freshly mixed the mask there and then. Also had the same at a Elemis facial, they mixed two ingredients in a small bowl and then applied.

I heard that too and thought it was a strange thing to say. I was also thoroughly confused when Fiona started prattling on about types of collagen and telling us that types 1 and 2 are in the excellence serum not 3 and 4 or something. What on earth? Reminded me of network rail and the wrong sort of leaves on the line. As if any of it will make one bit of difference. I use decleor but can't be doing with this twaddle.

A collagen molecule is very large and cannot penetrate through the skin and we can only ingest protein and then collagen is built by the body as far as I know.

A collagen molecule is very large and cannot penetrate through the skin and we can only ingest protein and then collagen is built by the body as far as I know.

Does mean that the collagen capsules frequently sold on IW is the way to go? take the collagen orally rather than slap on all the creams and serums that 'contain' collagen. I am confused.

My understanding is that collagen should be taken orally and I think that taking capsules is better than putting it on the skin.

How dare you! :mysmilie_10: How very dare you!! Comparing a cow (be it dead or alive) to Debbie Fint. :mysmilie_483:

Does mean that the collagen capsules frequently sold on IW is the way to go? take the collagen orally rather than slap on all the creams and serums that 'contain' collagen. I am confused.

I'm no expert but isn't collagen the connective tissue in meat that turns into gelatin with slow moist cooking e.g. making a stew? Surely if you eat it your body will just digest it and it won't miraculously reappear in the structure of your skin? Like I say I'm not an expert so feel free to disagree :mysmilie_59:

And yet ... and yet ... I find SBC's collagen gel (500ml) really makes my skin look and feel better and it's all I'm using at the moment, no other beauty product. Sorry, QVC, you're never going to make a fortune out of my beauty buys.

Give it 40 years and Debbie Flint may make a return to Ideal World as a collagen capsule then :mysmilie_11::mysmilie_454:

Don't I recall it was incredibly disgusting to call someone a cow :mysmilie_17:

As someone with skin drier than the Sahara desert, I can honestly say that the only thing that makes a real difference in a short space of time is Decleor. I haven't tried their masks but the products I have bought from QVC (and that's a lot) have all done a job for me. They do some good deals on Q as well so I'm OK with all of that.

CC

Latest posts

Back