Debbie Greenwood

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Boris Bear

Registered Shopper
Did anyone see the programme about television news bloopers on BBC 2 last night (Saturday)? They showed a clip where there was a guest talking about mistakes on the news and the presenter, who I'm sure was Debbie, said, "well you're not seeing my boobs on telly!".

Yes I like Debbie too, she's so cheerful and very attractive yet at the same time seems very normal.

Did anyone see the programme about television news bloopers on BBC 2 last night (Saturday)? They showed a clip where there was a guest talking about mistakes on the news and the presenter, who I'm sure was Debbie, said, "well you're not seeing my boobs on telly!".

Didn't see the programme but sounds the sort of thing she would say!

I like Debbie, too.

People are always going on about how good Julia looks, but Debbie is 50 and I think she looks FANTASTIC!

I know someone who has been a guest presenter on QVC who has said that Debbie is not quite as easy going and friendly as I had always thought from watching her. I was shocked as she has been a favourite of mine,even when she was on a breakfast programme years ago.

I know someone who has been a guest presenter on QVC who has said that Debbie is not quite as easy going and friendly as I had always thought from watching her. I was shocked as she has been a favourite of mine,even when she was on a breakfast programme years ago.

Funny you should say that, as although I know she is one of the more popular presenters on here, I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I have always thought she comes across as utterly, totally & completely false! I don't like her at all, not sure why, I just don't & never have!

Thank you KWC!! I do not like Debbie Greenwood at all. Sometimes it seems to me that she isn't the least bit interested in what the guests are selling or what they are saying. I know it must be difficult sometimes but she is getting paid for it so the least she could e do is look interested. Also think the lovable scouser act is just that - an act!

Ah well, just you & me then Catkins! lol
In fact, apart from Alison Young (who although she leaves out or adds in relevant info according to the product she's selling but doesn't actually come across as fake....), the only two presenters that come across as remotely genuine are Kathy Tayler & Julian Ballantyne, neither of whom I would class as 'favourites' & who I actually find to be ever so slightly irritating tbh but there you go.....! :D
The rest of 'em? False as hell, the lot of 'em! lol

Ah well, just you & me then Catkins! lol
In fact, apart from Alison Young (who although she leaves out or adds in relevant info according to the product she's selling but doesn't actually come across as fake....), the only two presenters that come across as remotely genuine are Kathy Tayler & Julian Ballantyne, neither of whom I would class as 'favourites' & who I actually find to be ever so slightly irritating tbh but there you go.....! :D
The rest of 'em? False as hell, the lot of 'em! lol

Nope, theres me as well. Just as a little experiment, a little while back, I closed my eyes and just listened to the presenters. It followed a thread which described a telephone caller saying that she was blind and bought jewellery just from Julia's descriptions.

I wanted to listen to a description without seeing the product, then open my eyes and see if what I imagined was correct. Julia Roberts was quite good actually on a lot of the products but mostly, I was a million miles away from the descriptions.

The thing that really struck me though was how insincere and fake some of the presenters sounded. Debbie was one of them :33:

Bet

BetLynch - I'm going to try that tomorrow myself with some fashion/jewellery items! Just had a wee try listening to Dawn Bibby & she didn't come off too bad at all I thought, pretty good descriptions but I can think of several others who may not fare so well........? :11:

I had a real problem with the fashion items Kitten. It really shows how much waffle there is by presenters and guests. Half the time I had lost interest before they got round to colours....they talk about how much you would pay elsewhere, what it would go with, how much they like it, how it would suit a woman of an age and how great it looks on the model. I know that the majority of people have half decent sight, but the majority descriptions wouldnt be much use if you were optically challenged :20:

You will have to tell me what you would have bought going by the description with your eyes closed and if you would still have purchased them once you had seem them!

Bet

Latest posts

Back