Debbie Flint returning?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would prefer listen to a market stall seller rather than the carp most of the other presenters spout:tongue2:....'tho I don't think she sounds like a market seller .... I only watched 10 mins ... I thought she was fab... down to earth as she was in the old days... I like her :)

It was great to see Debbie back on QVC, she's got a great personality and I think she still looks fab!

I had no idea who Debbie Flint was until this thread, and I am still to make my mind up about her as a presenter, but I must say, she has changed clothes and she's looking much better on the Lola Rose show...

Its great to see her back were she belongs, she is really natural at the selling, comes across very genuine x

First viewing

Today I saw the famous Debbie Flint presenting for the first time and have to say I really liked her. Down to earth and bubbly without all the artificial stuff.
I hope she is with QVC long term.

It was great to see Debbie back on QVC, she's got a great personality and I think she still looks fab!

Yeh she's looking good.She's just so naughty.That glint in her eye is great.
A shopping channel with her, Pippa,Julian Anthony,Debbie Greenwood,blonde Catherine ,Kathy, and Alison Keenan as well as Paul Lavers ,would be great.Not one among them who I dislike,and all pretty down to earth.
The rest? I'll pass on that one.

:flower::flower: It was GREAT to see Debbie back ! :flower::flower:

It felt so natural to listen to her lively voice ! :angel:
She was perfect, as if she had never left. :sun:

Hope Debbie :heart: stays forever ! :happy::nod::happy:

This is the first time I've ever seen her. She's not very stylish is she? Another top heavy lady wearing unflattering shortsleeve tops. Sound like she's just come from the Eastenders set too. Not too impressed overall.

Haven't seen her yet but she often had holes or ladders in her tights and used have her shoes half off when sitting down. Having seen the trailer she certainly hasn't decided on wearing jackets that fit her either but it hardly matters as long as she gets the sales and I suppose she will:smirk:

She's ok. very natural and knowledgeable about the products. she seems to do her homework. she also allows the guests to talk and prompts them for information. which is better than the fake 'amazing' 'this is just brilliant' 'buy 2 for your kids teachers' brigade....

Haven't seen her yet but she often had holes or ladders in her tights and used have her shoes half off when sitting down. Having seen the trailer she certainly hasn't decided on wearing jackets that fit her either but it hardly matters as long as she gets the sales and I suppose she will:smirk:

Was she really that good then? So many posts have referred to the 'good old days' with Debbie, Paul and Steve(?) etc, that I assumed that those presenters were the bees knees. I just felt a bit disappointed today to be honest! Debbie was better in the Lola Rose shows, but I couldn't see anything remarkable about her. And if she used to have holes or ladders in her tights, well that was really careless of her.

Was she really that good then? So many posts have referred to the 'good old days' with Debbie, Paul and Steve(?) etc, that I assumed that those presenters were the bees knees. I just felt a bit disappointed today to be honest! Debbie was better in the Lola Rose shows, but I couldn't see anything remarkable about her. And if she used to have holes or ladders in her tights, well that was really careless of her.

She also often had cms of roots on show and a laugh like Sid James. It may sound as if I don't like her but I'm actually indifferent to her. However I can't recall her ever saying the things Jill Franks has or being inappropriate when speaking to the guests (JF at Leighton Denny left me gobsmacked at her) or even the dreaded T callers.

I thought JR was one of the original presenters on QVC so I don't think she actually replaced Debbie? I'm sure I've seen the old tapes where she came on when the channel aired for the first time but I stand to be corrected. I can see her now with very curly hair wearing a blue jacket and black skirt I think. Isn't Julian another original?

Anyway, welcome back Debbie!

No, I meant Julia replaced Debs as my favourite.

One of the reasons the presenters in the 'good old days' are held in such high esteem is because they were the first of a kind on British TV. They had to contend with wobbling, uninspiring, and collapsing scenery and there were fewer items with consequently longer presentations which meant that the presenters had to be able to hold our interest for much longer.
Debbie was consistently herself, whether you like that self or not and, as mentioned before, the product was the star, not Debbie. Julia was always a bit too full of herself. Another reason for the affection for the 'old' presenters was that they worked together as a team and helped us to feel part of the experience. These days,of necessity, because things change, the presenters have to be slick sales men and women which triggers the longing in some of us for the 'good' old days.:nod:

Latest posts

Back