Debbie Flint - Please Stop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's a big girl. like Kathy. She's more than a bit sarf London, like JF. She's a pushy seller, like AY. But each of these has their fans...well. maybe not JF, but the reason she's not popular is not to do with her accent.

The difference is something to do with their enthusiasm for the actual products. Even the much maligned Daniel managed to convey excitement about what he was selling. I think DF is trying to project more interest into her presentation, but it just doesn't convince me. Her technique is for pile-em-high, sell-em-cheap; she's out of her depth in the world of selling aspirational (and therefore highly priced) goods. It takes particular kind of careful dishonesty, and I think she's too down-to-earth for that.

I mean, can you really imagine her on with Tova?

She's a big girl. like Kathy. She's more than a bit sarf London, like JF. She's a pushy seller, like AY. But each of these has their fans...well. maybe not JF, but the reason she's not popular is not to do with her accent.

The difference is something to do with their enthusiasm for the actual products. Even the much maligned Daniel managed to convey excitement about what he was selling. I think DF is trying to project more interest into her presentation, but it just doesn't convince me. Her technique is for pile-em-high, sell-em-cheap; she's out of her depth in the world of selling aspirational (and therefore highly priced) goods. It takes particular kind of careful dishonesty, and I think she's too down-to-earth for that.

I mean, can you really imagine her on with Tova?

She was on with Tova on her last visit

I doubt very much that the powers that be at QVC would have asked Debbie to come back if she wasn't a capable and well liked presenter! I hardly think she's down market....more down to earth and i personally do not consider that to be a fault.

Yes, it isn't as if QVC weren't aware of her style and she is very down to earth. I think that it is good to have a variety of characters because different things appeal to different people at different times. DF does has a slightly old fashioned approach BUT she is clear and informative and, from what I have seen of her, she asks the questions that we want to hear the answers to.

Yes, it isn't as if QVC weren't aware of her style and she is very down to earth. I think that it is good to have a variety of characters because different things appeal to different people at different times. DF does has a slightly old fashioned approach BUT she is clear and informative and, from what I have seen of her, she asks the questions that we want to hear the answers to.

That's what I like about her.

I just can't take to her at all and in the 9 years of watching QVC she only presenter that makes me switch channel if she is on :thinking2:

I've seen her a couple of times now she hasn't annoyed me at all,her supposedly downmarket accent etc, is much preferable to me than the ersatz "posh"turing which Keenan and Roberts do from time to time.

However,I havn't bought anything which Debbie has pitched,so i'm wondering if this is the real gauge?

Debbie Flint - Please stop

Well I think she's VERY downmarket and not at all easy to watch.
I do agree with you Susie J - it is sell, sell, sell.

Her clothes, hair and make up are completely unsuited to her. you would think with all the experts at the Towers, someone would organise her.

Saying that, she is very competent, but down market is to say politely what I think about her and her appearance.

All I want from a QVC presenter is information about the product. I don't care when it last sold out, or how long it will take to bring it back, or who wore it at the last celeb do, or who it would be suitable for. I will decide whether a product is suitable for me and my friends as I know myself and them. And I really am not interested how many were sold in the last 10 seconds. I DO want to hear the guest talk about the product. That is why they are there - not to try to get a word in edgeways with the mindless gabbling.

All I want from a QVC presenter is information about the product. I don't care when it last sold out, or how long it will take to bring it back, or who wore it at the last celeb do, or who it would be suitable for. I will decide whether a product is suitable for me and my friends as I know myself and them. And I really am not interested how many were sold in the last 10 seconds. I DO want to hear the guest talk about the product. That is why they are there - not to try to get a word in edgeways with the mindless gabbling.

This is a great point Ruthmay. You hit the nail on the head about how irritating it is that the presenters have to tell us the last time the item sold out. It's the same with the lottery draw - I don't understand why the voiceover guy has to tell us the last time a particular ball was drawn. Makes me wonder whether there is a sad kind of anorak person who sits down with a notepad and notes these things down!

i caught her on a yankee hour and by god she was hard selling. actually to the point where it stopped being a conversation with the guest and more of a soliloquy (sorry if i spelled that wrongly, its late and ive been to see the magic numbers and had a few drinkies). anyway i digress.... there were several minutes where she just churned out every trick in the book to get that ****** electric tart thing off the shelves. it was quite mesmerising. i'm sure it must work on the weak willed.

it makes me wonder if this is a deliberate change of tactic by the bosses. the difference in style between DF and the others is so marked that it cant be overlooked.

Once again, absolutely spot-on BurlyBeaR: great incisive comments!!

I caught her on the yankee hour, and was also thinking that she was just doing the hard-sell and ignoring the guest, and I've also thought that this approach must be being sanctioned by QVC, because they are pretty exacting on how they expect presenters to sell stuff - maybe they want to compare her approach and sales figures with that of the other presenters.

So much for Julia's remarking in the past on QVC UK having a less hard-sell approach compared with QVC USA, and that in fact the UK approach had been 'taught' (if you like) to the USA for the very reason that if WASN'T as hard-sell because it was, by implication, less off-putting!! Take note QVC!! We may be living in 'interesting' times, but surely it never pays to look desperate!

Just watching DF on the Kim Parrish hour and she seems much more relaxed and chatty than of late. I'm quite enjoying it. :up2:

It is strange how we all interprate things, I don't find she is fiving it the hard sell. There are a couple of prensenteres who do.

She is definitely growing in me, she has a very naughty and genuine laugh which i like.

theres just one thing.
she keeps doing the "c'mon ladies.... pick up the phone now"
"now all of you ladies out there know how you love handbags..."
"ladies, do you really want to have a saggy neck in five years?"

its very market stall, and potentially alienates a significant (male) percentage of her audience.

it smacks of desparation and it's very dated.

pack it in luv.

EEK you can't say men on QVC it's a bra and nickers channel only

Last edited:
EEK you can't say men on QVC it's a bra and nickers channel only

At first I was surprised at how many times I've sold QVC brands of skincare on The Bay to fellas - but I realised that I was being daft. Men have skin problems too after all.

And they buy gifts too - (if we're lucky!) :D

As far as I'm concerned this thread should not be so much 'Debbie Flint...Please Stop' as Please Stop Debbie Flint. I have tried to give her the benefit of the doubt these past few weeks but she irritates me beyond belief with her cheap selling tactics, the sudden rise in her already loud voice and the random over emphasis on certain words.
Usually I can let my less favourite presenters babble on in the background but there is something so irritating about DF's speech patterns that she breaks through. Perhaps that is why the powers that be brought her back?
There's certainly not much chance of ignoring her and I have hit that mute button more times since her return than in the last 6 years of watching QVC Personally I really wish she had stayed gone!

As far as I'm concerned this thread should not be so much 'Debbie Flint...Please Stop' as Please Stop Debbie Flint. I have tried to give her the benefit of the doubt these past few weeks but she irritates me beyond belief with her cheap selling tactics, the sudden rise in her already loud voice and the random over emphasis on certain words.
Usually I can let my less favourite presenters babble on in the background but there is something so irritating about DF's speech patterns that she breaks through. Perhaps that is why the powers that be brought her back?
There's certainly not much chance of ignoring her and I have hit that mute button more times since her return than in the last 6 years of watching QVC Personally I really wish she had stayed gone!

If she annoys you that much then switch off youcan always view the products on the internet

Latest posts

Back