Debbie Flint - Please Stop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
She is definitely growing in me, she has a very naughty and genuine laugh which i like.

theres just one thing.
she keeps doing the "c'mon ladies.... pick up the phone now"
"now all of you ladies out there know how you love handbags..."
"ladies, do you really want to have a saggy neck in five years?"

its very market stall, and potentially alienates a significant (male) percentage of her audience.

it smacks of desparation and it's very dated.

pack it in luv.

I caught about 20 mins of her pilates show with Margarine ( ;) ) earlier and I really liked her warmth. However, her constant calls to action did smack of the infomercial and I could see them grating over time.

That's the problem I always had with her in the old days - it is all a bit hard sell, which is a shame, as otherwise she's good. :grin: I know they are only there to shift units but you don't have to be quite so brazen :wait2:

i liked her to begin with but i'm slowly going off her. I think she has a lovely personality but During the Gatineau shows it was very aggressive hard selling.

sorry,I cannot watch her.

The few bits I have seen,shes always on about when she was here years ago - its like letting all the viewers that haven't seen her before - i'm not a newbie,don't put me in that catergory (sp)

I jump for the mute button when Debbie is on, her hawker like voice is a real turn-off.

Uhm honeymoon period over then?? :rolleyes: I wondered how long it would take her to start getting on peoples nerves, she hasn't changed a bit with the hard sell tactics. Put her on a stall down Petticoat Lane and she'd be in her rightful place. :pPC:

Yes Ellis is a bit loud :YIKES: but at least she always looks very well groomed and isn't as 'market stall' in terms of voice.........:Whistling: :pPC:

debbie flint has never changed and she has always had the hard sell mentality which i find really funny and interesting to watch. some people will fall for it which cant be bad for profits at qvc towers other customers will turn her off. i like watching her to see how far she will go.. lol

now julia roberts has changed a lot in the last few days her accent has become a lot more plummy and pronounced and this is really funny to watch.
roll on qvc its back to the old days of fun and frollicks: debbie vs julia!

I've only been watching QVC for 3 years so I have not seen DF before, but I'm really not too keen on her presentation style. She's got lovely hair and skin.

Julia and Anthony are still miles ahead in the presenter stakes for me.

Linda :call:

never thought that debbie would fit into the newer more streamllined qvc but i think that makes for better and more diverse viewing.:cheeky:

debbie flint has never changed and she has always had the hard sell mentality which i find really funny and interesting to watch. some people will fall for it which cant be bad for profits at qvc towers other customers will turn her off. i like watching her to see how far she will go.. lol

now julia roberts has changed a lot in the last few days her accent has become a lot more plummy and pronounced and this is really funny to watch.
roll on qvc its back to the old days of fun and frollicks: debbie vs julia!

Well spotted Boffy I noticed JR's accent had plummed up a bit, the only problem is she can't keep it up. It was so funny when she was on with the South Sea Pearls lady, she was trying to copy her lovely speech and failing badly.:cheeky:

i thought i was imagining it babytoes but every show she starts very clipped but the old nottingham accent comes through after a few sentences ....
makes for more fun viewing keep it up julia and debbie.:giggle:

Well spotted Boffy I noticed JR's accent had plummed up a bit, the only problem is she can't keep it up. It was so funny when she was on with the South Sea Pearls lady, she was trying to copy her lovely speech and failing badly.:cheeky:
The slurping sound at the end of some words rather spoils the illusion as well. :9: :pPC:

Don't forget the hair toss at the end of each sentence. By the way, I hadn't seen DF before but really don't like her style of hard sell, I think the market trader tag suits her very well. I didn't dare say so before as so many people were saying how great she was,seems to be changing a little now.

JR probably reads this, sees that folk are thinking of Debbie as a costermonger and has decided to go upmarket....what a hoot!!!:sun::talking::sun::talking:

I think that Debbie Flint should be on some of the lesser shopping channels. Flint by name and flint by nature in my opinion. Sorry but I just can't warm to her at all.

I've never been a fan of DF, she's like one of those irritating kitchen salespeople that pounce on you if your pace slows even a little never mind stop to look; cheap suit in a hard 'I mean business' colour & style, all-out hard sell, dead expression behind the eyes! Her whole selling persona is very dated I think & I imagine in an office environment, she would be a absolute nightmare to work for......or with!

I particularly don't like her habit of fixing the camera/viewer with a steely glare (as she did on both the Gatineau and Pilates shows!) & asking '...but what if you're wrong........what if it could make a difference.....?'
Sorry DF, I've tried enough skincare ranges not to crumble & fall for that approach! lol

Latest posts

Back