Debbie Flint - Please Stop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Surely there’s always room for a bit of market stall chic, on shoppingtelly.:grin: As it’s hardly high brow mainstream TV.:tongue2: IMVHO I don’t think Debbie has anything to worry about, in comparison to some of the other QVC presenters.:cheeky: I haven't had chance to watch much QVC recently, so can't comment on Debbie's sales technique, but I agree hard sell, isn't appeasing to watch, so it would be in Debbie's best interests to tone it down. And Debbie still needs to earn her ‘stripes’, even though she was one of the original presenters.

It's not surprising to hear, Julia is a little flustered by Debbie’s return, another reason to like Debbie.:Yikes!:

Although the cynic in me does wonder, if Debbie joined Bid TV as a tactic to get back onto QVC. Makes you wonder why she left QVC in the first place.:thinking2:

Do you want a carrier bag with that luv.:sunshine:

I think my memories of DF were a little rose coloured :) ... I have to say her selling now is way to hard for me ... I was looking forward to her coming back, but now, naa she doesn't do it for me

I was thinkng the very same thing Gracie! I didn't mind her when she was on before but selling techniques must have changed because, in my opinion, she doesn't seem to fit anymore. Sadly, I don't enjoy watching her at all.

Surely there’s always room for a bit of market stall chic, on shoppingtelly.:grin: As it’s hardly high brow mainstream TV.:tongue2: IMVHO I don’t think Debbie has anything to worry about, in comparison to some of the other QVC presenters.:cheeky: I haven't had chance to watch much QVC recently, so can't comment on Debbie's sales technique, but I agree hard sell, isn't appeasing to watch, so it would be in Debbie's best interests to tone it down. And Debbie still needs to earn her ‘stripes’, even though she was one of the original presenters.

It's not surprising to hear, Julia is a little flustered by Debbie’s return, another reason to like Debbie.:Yikes!:

Although the cynic in me does wonder, if Debbie joined Bid TV as a tactic to get back onto QVC. Makes you wonder why she left QVC in the first place.:thinking
Do you want a carrier bag with that luv.:sunshine:

Why is Julia flustered?

I've posted over on the wig related DF thread about what she said when selling those however thought the Kipling show I saw her on made her look really ignorant. Re: the leather Kipling she came out with "look at this lovely suede look" - the guest corrected her that the bag is made from Nubuck so is real suede. Then when they were showing a sequinned Kipling the guest said that the strap could be removed to make it a clutch bag and DF came out with something like "oh yes it's terrible when you have other clutch bags when the strap gets in the way" - no DF if it's a clutch bag it doesn't have a strap! The woman is stepping into JF territory for me. x

I've only seen snippets of Debbie. I'm glad to hear that the shovel like fake nails have gone. They didn't do her any favours and looked less than classy in my opinion.

I think the trouble is right now that because Debbie Flint is new she has no "favourites", no genuine connection with any of the brands, or the products - and no relationships with the guests. (or us.)

Because of this all we're seeing is naked sell, sell, sell. It makes no difference to her who she's working with or what she's selling - she gives it all the same treatment.

I don't remember feeling this way about Craig when he started. He seemed to have genuine knowledge and enthusiasm about many of the products he was selling. (Cos he's got them all at home I expect! :D)

We know that some of the presenters are genuinely big fans of the £200 handbags, that JR loves her Decleor, Charlie his grub, and Anthony his gadgets, Claudia her jewels, and KT her Modern Soul Cardis We know that AY is not really a fan of LE and probably not A'kin either but has an affinity for the big salon beauty therapist brands of Gatineau, Elemis and Decleor. Debbie Flint doesn't have a flicker of genuine enthusiasm for any of it yet. I think that's what missing.

I don't mind being bossed, nagged and hectored at all (I am an AY fan after all!) but I need info to make an informed choice of how to spend my hard earned money - rather than just blindly obey the slightly scary presenter.

When Carla from Tignanello is on she doesn't instruct me to buy the bag, she tells me all about it and shows all the features so that I can decide if it's for me. That style of selling is more helpful to me.

But of course none of this matters. If Debbie Flint can shift the requisite number of units nobdoy gives a monkeys if her dress sense is stuck in 1992 and some people have to watch with the sound off!

(I never really realised how people felt when they said that about AY but twice now I've caught myself hitting mute when DF is on! :blush: :D)

Last edited:
I've been MIA for ages (rude, I know - sorry!) but felt COMPELLED to get on here and question the sanity of the QVC Towers powers-that-be in inflicting Debbie "Back After 9 Years" Flint on my shopping telly experience. Glad to see I'm not alone...

And to think I was actually looking forward to seeing her again!!! Was she always like this or have I come to expect better over the years..?

So I hope she disappears without trace. Quickly.

debbie flint is the same as she always was. i did have reservations when she was comming back as she is not like the other presenters but i kind of like her. she is incredibly funny when she tries to over sell something and this makes her interesting to watch.
she did fit in better with the old gang,lavers,whately,briggs etc but she is entertaining.

I've been MIA for ages (rude, I know - sorry!) but felt COMPELLED to get on here and question the sanity of the QVC Towers powers-that-be in inflicting Debbie "Back After 9 Years" Flint on my shopping telly experience. Glad to see I'm not alone...

And to think I was actually looking forward to seeing her again!!! Was she always like this or have I come to expect better over the years..?

So I hope she disappears without trace. Quickly.

:YAY:Fab to see you again hon!! :mwah: Sx :pPC:

debbie flint is the same as she always was. i did have reservations when she was comming back as she is not like the other presenters but i kind of like her. she is incredibly funny when she tries to over sell something and this makes her interesting to watch.
she did fit in better with the old gang,lavers,whately,briggs etc but she is entertaining.

I think you're right, it's like QVC and the viewers have moved on but Debbie is the same as she was in the old days. I do find her quite watchable compared to some of the others though.

Unfortunately DF is falling into the Daniel catagory in that you feel as though you are being "sold to"....

I saw her with Dennis B today, and have to agree on her fashion sense and approach that peeps have commented on .... I just don't think she fits into the QVC branding of today ... I think she's a bit down market ... (sorry I know thats a bit catty, and sure she's a nice person).

I think that we will probably see her go the same way Daniel went ....

I doubt very much that the powers that be at QVC would have asked Debbie to come back if she wasn't a capable and well liked presenter! I hardly think she's down market....more down to earth and i personally do not consider that to be a fault.

I doubt very much that the powers that be at QVC would have asked Debbie to come back if she wasn't a capable and well liked presenter! I hardly think she's down market....more down to earth and i personally do not consider that to be a fault.

I'm just watching the Lesley Vik Wadell hour and JF has just introduced LVW and said that she looks stunning in a Vivienne Westwood dress, which for some reason really annoys me! Would she look less stunning if the dress wasn't from a designer label? Anyway back to the subject of DF, I don't think she would have made a comment like that which in my opinion is a good thing.
To me DF is normal rather than pretentious, a bit like Julian who is one of my favourites.

Unfortunately DF is falling into the Daniel catagory in that you feel as though you are being "sold to"....

I saw her with Dennis B today, and have to agree on her fashion sense and approach that peeps have commented on .... I just don't think she fits into the QVC branding of today ... I think she's a bit down market ... (sorry I know thats a bit catty, and sure she's a nice person).

I personally don't think Debbie Flint and Daniel are in the same catagory at all.
Daniel really struggled with his item presentations, he'd had very little trainning before being put on air. This hardly applies to DF, can't see QVC making the same mistakes they hopefully should have learned from having Daniel.

:flower:

I'm just watching the Lesley Vik Wadell hour and JF has just introduced LVW and said that she looks stunning in a Vivienne Westwood dress, which for some reason really annoys me! Would she look less stunning if the dress wasn't from a designer label? Anyway back to the subject of DF, I don't think she would have made a comment like that which in my opinion is a good thing.
To me DF is normal rather than pretentious, a bit like Julian who is one of my favourites.

I agree, Debbie and Julian are two of my favourite presenters, partly because they are down to earth and "normal", not too up themselves as certain others are.

I know everyone is different in opions etc but Debbie imo IS NOT downmarket, and to be frank at least she's not up her own a..se like a lot of the others, as I've said before all the presenters, including debbie are nothing more than shop sales assistants.

I agree, Debbie and Julian are two of my favourite presenters, partly because they are down to earth and "normal", not too up themselves as certain others are.

Yes Julian is also one of my favourite presenters, but the difference between Debbie and Julian is, Julian stayed and moved with the times and became an accomplished presenter, while DB moved on and got stuck in a time warp. I now put DF in the same category as Craig ... Mute button at the ready.tired

Latest posts

Back