Dawn Bibby leaves QVC after 18 years

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well after questioning on his facebook page by a couple of people , Craig Rowe has written this half-hearted post on his page "Craig Rowe Tvpresenter hi ladies, thanks for your kind words ;) Really sad that Dawn has gone, will miss her loads but I know we will stay friends and stay in touch xx"

Well after questioning on his facebook page by a couple of people , Craig Rowe has written this half-hearted post on his page "Craig Rowe Tvpresenter hi ladies, thanks for your kind words ;) Really sad that Dawn has gone, will miss her loads but I know we will stay friends and stay in touch xx"

"Half-hearted"? We all know just how caring Mr Rowe is! I'm sure he saw La Bibby off with a bottle of Tova embalming fluid and the best plastic "clad" B&W that money could buy! :wonder:

I couldn't think what to put HC and Half-hearted was the first words to come into my head...

as if things weren't bad enough for her already! :rolleyes:

Sorry Jacaranda, but they can stop her for working for any other business in the same field. My husband works in computers and has this rule as part of his contract. They would likely do the same as QVC, gardening leave and no working. Its quite common in many businesses. That said I have always felt this is a really unfair part of the contract. He can't work for anyone else for 6 months :(

except Dawn never worked for QVC....She was on contract

Last edited:
Funny how Dawn still remains quiet on what's happened between her and Amy,
while I'm on the subject and having recently picked myself up off the floor from laughing so much after reading that Amy runs worshops ... i ask you! I really hope that she doesn't get any more airtime than she already has.
I am guessing that Dawn selling her shop, could be a very astute business move, in times like these I can't imagine that a craft shop is that secure a business.
Re contracts ..... you can write what you like in a contract, that does not mean that it is enforceable by law, ..... if a contract is deemed to be unfair in court then the whole of the contract is null and void, so there is a lesson to anyone trying to get employees to sign unfair agreements! If QVC tried to stop Dawn working for anyone else due to a clause in her contract I would guess that they are on a sticky wicket, and moreover if it became public knowledge would be unnecessarily bad PR.Lets be honest the majority of us that watch craft on QVC already also watch Create & Craft, it's not like she would carry many new viewers with her!

while I'm on the subject and having recently picked myself up off the floor from laughing so much after reading that Amy runs worshops ... i ask you! I really hope that she doesn't get any more airtime than she already has.
I am guessing that Dawn selling her shop, could be a very astute business move, in times like these I can't imagine that a craft shop is that secure a business.
Re contracts ..... you can write what you like in a contract, that does not mean that it is enforceable by law, ..... if a contract is deemed to be unfair in court then the whole of the contract is null and void, so there is a lesson to anyone trying to get employees to sign unfair agreements! If QVC tried to stop Dawn working for anyone else due to a clause in her contract I would guess that they are on a sticky wicket, and moreover if it became public knowledge would be unnecessarily bad PR.Lets be honest the majority of us that watch craft on QVC already also watch Create & Craft, it's not like she would carry many new viewers with her!

my employer wouldnt be allowed to prevent me from getting a second job in a pub, but lets not forget this is TV we're talking about. the people involved are TV "personalities" and special considerations have to be made for the fact that they represent the channel they are contracted to. you wouldnt expect Graham Norton to pop up on ITV would you, and i bet its in his contract that he cant, unless perhaps on a very limited basis.

did she fall out with the powers that be at QVC do you think? it is odd after 18 years

Given that somewhere it's been said that Dawn isn't starting until July my guess is that QVC are holding her to the clause in her contract that says age can't work for the competition for a certain period, probably three months. And that's perfectly reasonable business practice. They'll be paying her but keeping her off air.

I don't honestly think there's anything dodgy or vindictive going on here. She's said she wants to leave and go to a competitor and QVC have wished her well through gritted corporate teeth.

I'd have though 15 or 18 years or whatever it is is long enough for anyone to be in one job. She has two choices to stay until the year dot or move on. She's just moving on.

It's all perfectly logical business practice.

But: litigation can not only be prohibitively expensive and can take an unbelievably long time, with further uncomfortable outcomes for the individual that are not always foreseen - a circumstance an awful lot of employers fully extort
with experienced law personal keeping

Given that somewhere it's been said that Dawn isn't starting until July my guess is that QVC are holding her to the clause in her contract that says age can't work for the competition for a certain period, probably three months. And that's perfectly reasonable business practice. They'll be paying her but keeping her off air.

I don't honestly think there's anything dodgy or vindictive going on here. She's said she wants to leave and go to a competitor and QVC have wished her well through gritted corporate teeth.

I'd have though 15 or 18 years or whatever it is is long enough for anyone to be in one job. She has two choices to stay until the year dot or move on. She's just moving on.

It's all perfectly logical business practice.

The message has got lost here, Dawn offered to work until July but QVC said no you can go now. She can do what she wants now, she is in no way beholden to QVC and has no contractual obligations nor were they her employer.

Last edited:
Hmm. So is Stephanie joining QVC then? I notice she's friends with Craig and has posted on his facebook status something along the lines of '[you're] the best looking man in TV'. Nigel from IW will be heartbroken!!

Steph and Craig worked together on the Daily Express spin-off shopping channel years ago didn't they?

Jude xx

It's common practice to terminate someones contract immediately if that person is considering moving to a similar job, it's known as "Garden Leave" It stops any up and coming ideas and products being 'stolen' by the employee and sharing it with their new company.

Dawn HAD to go, imagine all that new and exciting stuff "The Niece" has lined up in the pipeline finding it's way onto C&C!

I've not watched QVC craft for years now as I've managed to grasp the skill of matting and layering. I only tune in for Tim Holtz and even he couldn't hold my interest last time on....the best bit of watching him was seeing Julian going all territorial over another 'man' on the set, I swear I saw him spray over the Vagabond!

Anyway, I wish Dawn well.....I've met her a couple of times...well, not 'met' exactly, but I've been in her shop at the same time as her, and she really is a lovely person, no sign of a scowl, tiredness or any wingeyness....just a friendly lady who took the time to chat with her customers and take an interest in their chosen craft.

Sorry to sound so dim but I've got a bit lost in this thread.

Have QVC "let go" of Dawnie or has she decided to leave because she's lined up a different venture elsewhere (or wanted more money). Is she still friends with Amy or has there been a falling out ? Did QVC decide to replace DB with AS on a cheaper contract. Have other QVC presenters been warned off mentioning DB on their Twits and FB's ?

Does anyone know for certain where she is going next. What's the significance of her selling the shop ?

I know I'm being daft but for some reason DB fascinates me, she seems to have some underlying "issues".

Reading between the lines on her "Statement" it implies she gave notice to leave QVC on 1st July, but QVC said thanks but no thanks.

As for herself and Amy, sadly it's not uncommon for familes to fall out and have tensions after the death of a family member....maybe it's something to do with that.

I don't think Dawn Bibby will be regarded as the top dog at IW in the same way she was viewed at QVC. She likes to be queen bee and, as the other craft presenters have been there a llot longer, she won't command the same power and status. She won't be able to make her demands and find they are met.

Latest posts

Back