Daniel the new boy on today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh for heaven's sake

Hi

I almost never post - don't know why - oh, yes, now I remember. It's the nasty, bitchy, negative and mostly personal comments about the presenters on this channel.

Daniel is doing a great job. He's professional and coming across well...he must be nervous as hell.

He's been on air half an hour and already the nastiness.

OK, swap places. Could you do it? I couldn't. Ever. And I sell high value services to bosses of companies, which is pretty terrifying sometimes as I have to stand up and present in front of lots of senior folks. Not to big myself up (although if I don't, nobody will!) but honestly...try walking in another person's shoes, perhaps

(yeah, yeah, we all have reason and the right to judge on people selling us stuff, we're only giving our honest opinion, we have the right, blah blah blah).

Give the buy a break.

Last edited:
Well I think he's fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm married to a half Sicilian chap so quite go for the Mediterranean tan and hair.
Think he should gen up a bit on jewellery terms but thought he did quite well and would like to see a lot more of him
:35::35::35:

Seems ok nice chap for what bit I saw.
A lot seems to be played on the fact he's been on shopping tv in the US for five years.
I maybe wrong but did he question Debbie with regard to rings in stock ?
If so he didn't appear to know about limited stocks and items red.
Hubby piped up eating his lunch, "even I know that", poor fella he's not allowed much golf on.
Anyway not Daniel's fault at all, but seems plenty work looks like it is needed prior to Monday's fashion show.

Sneaked a wee peep at him on the online video replay (all picture no sound im afraid!) and he is certaily easy on the eye. Cant wait to see the mutton fawning all over him!!

Hi

I almost never post - don't know why - oh, yes, now I remember. It's the nasty, bitchy, negative and mostly personal comments about the presenters on this channel.

Daniel is doing a great job. He's professional and coming across well...he must be nervous as hell.

OK, swap places. Could you do it? I couldn't. Ever. And I sell high value services to bosses of companies, which is pretty terrifying sometimes as I have to stand up and present in front of lots of senior folks. Not to big myself up (although if I don't, nobody will!) but honestly...try walking in another person's shoes, perhaps

(yeah, yeah, we all have reason and the right to judge on people selling us stuff, we're only giving our honest opinion, we have the right, blah blah blah).

Give the buy a break.

Slight over-reaction I think, Tigers Eye. :rolleyes:

The only negatives are one comment about not liking his hair and another not liking his voice - both from the same person - and both points relevant when you have to watch and listen to the presenter. Not what I would call "nasty" at all.

Other comments are positive or neutral.

I reserve judgment, he came across ok, and already better than Craig. He kinda reminded me of the chap in the kilt that worked as a presenter for a short time years ago.( can't remember his name)Hope Daniel is not as wooden as he was. :54:

I reserve judgment, he came across ok, and already better than Craig. He kinda reminded me of the chap in the kilt that worked as a presenter for a short time years ago.( can't remember his name)Hope Daniel is not as wooden as he was. :54:

Oh Kathy now your talking :54::21::20:

Gary Angus Purden went on to do make over programs

I think he was ok... but possibly a graduate from the "Charm Smarm " School where Charlie Brook has a Doctorate!!
As for criticism constructive or otherwise,totally normal I would have thought.
If you can't stand the heat and all that!

OK, swap places. Could you do it?

Give the buy a break.

No, we couldnt do it. Thats why we're not doing it. He thinks he CAN do it. Which is why, if he is crap, we're entitled to comment on it.

Does anyone give YOU a break if youre crap at your job? No? Me neither.

i think he looks lovely and he talked beautifully. really professional and had some interesting things to say about the jewellery.i would have thought he fullfilled the job spec myself. so far so good.

Well just a general observation from me, but he didn't seem very clued up about the way things work on QVC UK, as said previously, not very good re limited stocks status etc, certainly some homework needing to be done methinks, but perhaps not yet fully "trained". I can't say i will be busting a gut to tune into his hours tho.

No, we couldnt do it. Thats why we're not doing it. He thinks he CAN do it. Which is why, if he is crap, we're entitled to comment on it.

Does anyone give YOU a break if youre crap at your job? No? Me neither.

That is a very fair comment but we are not always at our very best when we start a new job. There are all sorts of anxieties at play. I am sure he fully understands the workings of QVC and once he settles in all will be good.

Well just a general observation from me, but he didn't seem very clued up about the way things work on QVC UK, as said previously, not very good re limited stocks status etc, certainly some homework needing to be done methinks, but perhaps not yet fully "trained". I can't say i will be busting a gut to tune into his hours tho.

Don't the presenters get trained before they're let loose on air? It was almost as if they'd dragged him off the streets and shoved him in front of the camera.
Can't say I'll be tuning in to the orange greaseball. He quite put me off my lunch.

Latest posts

Back