Cushions on the bed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If anyone tried to touch/sit on/get in my bed after I have put new sheets and duvet on i'm afraid I would have to kill them.

Just sayin'

no action on clean sheets night huh??:tongue:

i've got millions of the things cluttering up the spare room. the intention was there but they never got as far as the bed. well...maybe once.

Sadly there's no room on my bedroom floor for would be 'bed furnishings' - its full of shoes handbags and clothes. Besides, I can just about shake the duvet in the morning and get myself dressed, let alone the ****** bed !!!

It's 4 a.m and I have been up feeding baby and tucking in toddler who woke up! Cushions on our bed were originally Made from left over curtain fabric to go with my very boho and eclectic bedding and wallpaper that I love and hubby tolerates. Now they do serve a practical purpose, propping me, my left arm and supporting my neck and shoulders during night feed. (gosh isn't it windy outside). Pet hate of mine is all that neutral Kelly Hoppen, every home should look the same-with no individuality- look. I like nice clean bedding and an attempt to tidy the bed, but in no time it is strewn with husbands clothes when he gets home from work, and my son's books at bedtime. The cushions are hidden underneath. But it makes me smile, our house is a "lived in" home, not a show home, even though I originally. copied the style from a magazine. I see things I like, cut them out of magazines and put them in my scrap book while I hunt out the fabric, wallpaper, quilt, vase and mirror online. I stumbled on a vase like one my grandma used to own in a second hand shop and my zany pink, green orange boho style quilt on QVC in last clicks a few years ago. I just love my bedroom, but hubbie just let's me get on with it!

Last edited:
My maid places the cushions, spreads and throws neatly away, in the ottoman each evening and then turns down the bed for me, just before running my bath and putting toothpaste on my toothbrush. She makes it all up to perfection again, in the morning.

I don't bother. On a morning it's plump up the pillows, straighten the sheets and turn the duvet back to air the bed all day. It gets pulled back up when we go to bed on a night. I did buy some lovely blue fluffy cushions but they're on the floor now and Trixie's muddy pawprints are adding to their "designer" look :cool: Maybe KH should take note?

The duvet cover (Northern Nights actually!) has Thomas' muddy prints on it - clean on this Saturday morning, mucky Sunday morning. Can anyone tell me how they can get in the catflap in the dining room, across the mat infront of it, through the dining room, along the hall, up the stairs and into the bedroom (all carpet) and STILL have muddy paws?

I don't bother. On a morning it's plump up the pillows, straighten the sheets and turn the duvet back to air the bed all day. It gets pulled back up when we go to bed on a night. I did buy some lovely blue fluffy cushions but they're on the floor now and Trixie's muddy pawprints are adding to their "designer" look :cool: Maybe KH should take note?

The duvet cover (Northern Nights actually!) has Thomas' muddy prints on it - clean on this Saturday morning, mucky Sunday morning. Can anyone tell me how they can get in the catflap in the dining room, across the mat infront of it, through the dining room, along the hall, up the stairs and into the bedroom (all carpet) and STILL have muddy paws?

often wondered the same thing..........especially louis and his size nines.....

Beds can look great with fancy cushions, runners etc, a lovely touch when you walk into a hotel room...but at home, I really can't be bothered. Then you've got to put it all somewhere when you get into bed. I'm happy with a nice clean duvet cover and pillow cases, just turn back the duvet and get in, that's all I need at the end of the day, and at the begining of the day I've got better things to do that to faff around plumping up cushions and positioning bits of fabric on the end of the bed!

:mysmilie_484:

It's an art that's taken hundreds of years of evolution to develop along with the hurt expression when you scold them ! There's a quote in one of my cat books that sums it up 'Dogs have masters, cats have staff' :mysmilie_484:

I've barely got time to make the beds never mind faff about with cushions. Besides the dogs and cats would just hurl them off like they do with all the living room cushions.

Cushions? I don't think so. The only time my bed gets made is when I put clean covers on so throws and cushions would be a complete waste of money! I do make sure the duvet covers my bit of the bed when I turn on the electric blanket though or the heat escapes.

Our house bunny would be very disappointed if any of my DD's 6 pillows disappeared, she likes to wriggle up them and spread out like a sky-dive position and fall asleep. The scatter cushions just had to go, she found them too slippy/silky and just not squidgy enough!

I have white bedding and an assortment of gold and silver cushions on my bed. When I make the bed and "dress" it it does look lovely but I have to be in the mood and not too knackered after a hard day at work. I love my bedroom it is my retreat with my books and my cosy bed. Sometimes it is a total tip, sometimes it looks great. Those cushions are often in a heap on the floor!

I did used to scatter cushions on my bed in the age of the Laura Ashley 'chintzy' era, but after a while it became a nuisance, piled in the corner in a hopeless mess during bed time

I just turn sheets down now. I always insist on a valance and always matching linen, but days of boudoir perfection are long gone.

Latest posts

Back