Create & Craft not taking payments

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PhaedrusR

Check out your baskets
Fri 1pm 4Oct.
The website C&C channel live stream, is on a recorded presentation, footer says:

"We are not currently live, or able take any orders. Sorry for any inconvenience."

The website front page banner says currently unable to take payments, please try again later.

So not clear if a technical payments issue or something more serious.

Sounds like a bankruptcy Magician
If not called in the administrator, then haven't filed for bankruptcy yet, but has cashflow/debt issues and is or may become insolvent and an insolvency practitioner will try and manage and save the business with loans, bridging loans, calling in debts owed, restructuring, cost-cutting etc. to get it back as a viable business.

Nobody wants to see a business fail or people lose their jobs so I wish them success.
Unfortunately I'm not a crafter so can't help out by buying stuff, if I could.

I wonder if TJC will buy Create and Craft and have the two channels under one ownership again?

I can see Peter Simon trying to use a sewing machine while looking direct to camera and not paying attention to what he is doing. "Not only is it a Singer, not only do you get a stool to sit on, not only have i just run the needle through my finger"

If not called in the administrator, then haven't filed for bankruptcy yet, but has cashflow/debt issues and is or may become insolvent and an insolvency practitioner will try and manage and save the business with loans, bridging loans, calling in debts owed, restructuring, cost-cutting etc. to get it back as a viable business.

Nobody wants to see a business fail or people lose their jobs so I wish them success.
Unfortunately I'm not a crafter so can't help out by buying stuff, if I could.
So as the old Ideal World just went blank, didn’t they try this method

So as the old Ideal World just went blank, didn’t they try this method
Don't know if IW2 tried insolvency practitioner prior to declaring bankruptcy and calling in the administrators.
Presumably the management tried various things like the Sports Direct loan/charge, celebs selling, Eric Knowles, etc.

Possibly insolvency means they may have spotted problems early enough that they can do something early to fix it.

That’s my post.
Oh yeah, your thread and @Jazzydrury posted there too.

Never saw how relatively cheap paper/craft items on TV could make a decent enough profit, unless overpriced, with all the costs and overheads of shopping TV.

I suppose some businesses / brands buck the trend like Sarah thingy off Dragons' Den, didn't she make millions from crafting on QVC or other channels?

Never saw how relatively cheap paper/craft items on TV could make a decent enough profit, unless overpriced, with all the costs and overheads of shopping TV.

I suppose some businesses / brands buck the trend like Sarah thingy off Dragons' Den, didn't she make millions from crafting on QVC or other channels?
Used to be cheap stuff, a set of something which years ago would be £20.00, these days everythihg seems to come as a kit for £100 or more

Sara started her company from her Uni Digs

Didn't SeenonTV also say they'd be back on a specific later day; they never were.
Probably a stalling tactic to keep creditors at bay and keep the business actively trading.
Let's hope for a different outcome.

Latest posts

Back