Craig and his juicer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
I watched Craig's presentation of the juicer TSV and that guy is a complete PRATT. As if it's not bad enough watching his laughing gear slurping on the juice, why does he keep dancing like some embarrassing uncle at an evening wedding reception?

I guess he has to do something to sell those machines. Who the hell wants to spend two minutes drinking the juice and then an hour washing the thing and trying to get all the sticky stuff out of the sieve thing inside. Not me that's for sure. Give me Tesco's ready made stuff every time, even if it has "lost some of the nutrition element".

Craig's presenting style has that effect on me too. I know I can switch him off but why should I miss products that I'd be interested in buying ? He reminds me of a puppet with strings attached to his arms and legs, with someone up above the set pulling them randomly.

Re the juicing machine - they actually juiced cherries! Apart from the fact that cherries are delicious to eat whole, how many cherries would you need to produce a glass of juice ? It would cost a fortune.

I like to eat whole fruit not just the juice, to get the benefit from the edible fibrous parts. On the rare occasion I buy a carton of fruit juice I dilute it in the glass, as full strength is bad for your teeth (acid and sugar together).

Linda xx

Craig's presenting style has that effect on me too. I know I can switch him off but why should I miss products that I'd be interested in buying ? He reminds me of a puppet with strings attached to his arms and legs, with someone up above the set pulling them randomly.

Re the juicing machine - they actually juiced cherries! Apart from the fact that cherries are delicious to eat whole, how many cherries would you need to produce a glass of juice ? It would cost a fortune.

I like to eat whole fruit not just the juice, to get the benefit from the edible fibrous parts. On the rare occasion I buy a carton of fruit juice I dilute it in the glass, as full strength is bad for your teeth (acid and sugar together).

Linda xx

Really? I did not know that

We bought one of these some time ago. We got a load of fruit in to be ready but when it arrived, it was dead out of the box and had to be sent straight back. However, the buying of the fruit in advance showed us just how expensive it would have been to make our own juice on a regular basis. This was over a year ago now and I'm sure it can only be even more expensive today.

I had a Jack LaLanne juicer a couple of years ago. Yes, it can juice a whole apple etc, which was useful for using up the contents of the fruit bowl before its inevitable trip to the bin, but a minute to drink a glass of juice, was over taken by the 20 mins of scrubbing, wiping and mess of the clean up.

The filter thing ended up being a sludgey stucky mess and the mess wasn't just limited to the filter, it was all over the machine....in all the fiddly bits and corners.

A total messy faff, that ended up in the cupboard after 2 or 3 months and ultimately....down the tip.

Pointless.

I got the Jack Lalane juicer last year (bit less sleek looking but £20 cheaper) and I do agree it's expensive and fiddly to juice fruits (and makes drinks too high in fruit sugar to be inarguably 'good' for you). However it's really good for doing vegetable juice - carrot, celery and 1 apple for sweetness is my favourite. Not too expensive to buyeven organic carrots either. I haven't gone orange yet!

Mind you my OH just thinks I'm wierd for juicing veggies - he avoids them in any form apart from frozen peas and the odd tomato!

xx

Craig and his juicer

I know what I would like to do to Craig and his juicer! :mysmilie_10:

I had a Jack LaLanne juicer a couple of years ago. Yes, it can juice a whole apple etc, which was useful for using up the contents of the fruit bowl before its inevitable trip to the bin, but a minute to drink a glass of juice, was over taken by the 20 mins of scrubbing, wiping and mess of the clean up.

The filter thing ended up being a sludgey stucky mess and the mess wasn't just limited to the filter, it was all over the machine....in all the fiddly bits and corners.

A total messy faff, that ended up in the cupboard after 2 or 3 months and ultimately....down the tip.

Pointless.

You tipped yours?! Yikes!! I flogged mine in the end, at least I got a tiny fraction of the money I paid for it back! What also put me off about the LaLanne juicer was the amount of khaki colour scum you would have to drink through too!

Question though, how do you juice a cherry? Or how about a prune? There's prune juice but how do you juice one!! Shudder!! Doesn't bare thinking about! :thinking:

I think the juicer is one of the most naff inventions in christendom. If you want the full nutrients from a piece of fruit, then eat the actual fruit, if you're thirsty, then swig down a glass of squash, fizzy water or what have you, just as good for you, just as satisfying, and half the blinking price and effort.

I love they way they tell you how a machine like this will eventually pay for itself..yeah right, you'd need about a pound of apples to produce decent glassful, let alone a litre carton's worth. And what has been said about the clean up and faff, I couldn't agree more. Not to mention the sheer size of the damn thing, and I find the "juice" from these things muddy and unpleasant!

If you're a serious juicer, as it were, these machines can be a boon. For instance, if you are on chemo and cannot eat properly, there are all kinds of things you can juice to give your system an incredible boost. I managed to avoid blood transfusions for a while by juicing mixtures of veg that kept my 'bloods', as we refer to the results, at tip top levels of all the elements necessary. When I stopped juicing and drinking the foul-tasting drinks made, (I was drinking mixtures of raw beetroot, cabbage, carrots, kale, garlic, ginger, broccoli, sprouts, and all manner of other rather acquired tastes) my blood results were poor and I needed transfusions. There is evidence that drinking the amounts of nutrients in the type of concoctions I was preparing is extremely beneficial in aiding the body to cope with the effects of serious illness and the equally serious treatments needed, and I would highly recommend juicing to anyone suffering such ailments, particularly those like me, who are no longer able to eat solids. However, for people able to eat a normal, varied and balanced diet, the palaver of all the cleaning and prep necessary would more than likely make juicing a short-lived routine, and I can well understand that as it takes up so much time and effort, often needlessly if a good diet can be taken.

I bought one a couple of years ago and like all the other 'wonderful gadgets' it is now lurking in the back of a cupboard somewhere!!!

It took about 10 minutes and 6 oranges to get one glass full of juice then 20 minutes of cleaning it all up. And it wasn't even nice.

The most useless invention ever. Open a bottle or carton - easier, quicker and cheaper!

I bought mine last year and have to say I really like it. I use a mixture of fruit and veg and it's great. Cleaning is fairly easy too. Still as they say each to their own!

Totally agree with you iclaudipuss :nod:

Juicing is fab especially veggies as cooking destroys the enzymes, the raw nutrients are easily absorbed. When I first started juicing I was amazed at what it did for my hair, skin and nails and on the inside I felt so 'clean' and energised, well worth the effort! :happy:

A lot of shop bought juices are nothing like doing your own as the vitamins have been destroyed from pasteurization or from processing. Juiced yourself all the nutrients are intact and free from any added sugar or additives and taste completely different.

I can't eat any veg and very little fruit following bowel cancer, so I love my JLL juicer. It means I can still get my fruit and veg fix without spending hours in pain on the loo!

I'm with the other juicing lovers - i bought my JLL juicer last year and find it great for getting my five plus a day - i'm really bad at eating fruit and veg(i much prefer a tin of Quality Street - guess what i'm having for lunch:angel:) and get my quota from juicing - i dont find the cleaning up too much bother either - i guess each to their own ehxx

Craig and his juicer...

Can't quite put my finger on it but I find the title of this thread vaguely disturbing. :confused:

Have to say I cant be having with all that faffing personally, (although I would probably be healthier if I did!). My main excuse is my tiny little kitchen, can hardly fit the usual kitchen appliances in so juicer, coffee makers, food processors etc are no use to me. If I did fit them all in I wouldnt have any space left to cook in heehee! :giggle:

Same here. Just give me a carton of V8 and I'm happy, and juicy.
mysmilie_61.gif

Latest posts

Back