Craft Day TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not really my thing so I will be giving it a miss. To be honest the only time I would want a big card like this is when you need one for lots of people to sign like at work. I'm sure it will be popular with others though.

I really dislike this style of cards. Where's the crafting in it?? The Christmas ones are slightly better, but I still won't be buying.

Just re looked at the pricing twenty cards costing £1.77 bare minium each to make.
Hope there's extra bits to make more than 20 cards from or it's not such good value.

It is good value if you look at Kanban prices in craft shops, one A4 decoularge sheet is currently around £3-4!

..and if you sell your cards - you can make a pile!

It is good value if you look at Kanban prices in craft shops, one A4 decoularge sheet is currently around £3-4!

..and if you sell your cards - you can make a pile!

I wasn't saying QVC were selling Kanban materials not at a good price.
As I don't need look at Kanban prices in craft shops I'm fully aware of the cost of their sheets etc.

What I was saying to recoup the outlay of over £35.00 plus costs of extra materials display bags etc etc. you have to ensure you have a market to sell a good degree of your completed cards at a good price, to break even.
I'm sure some crafters these days are trying to cut their outlay to a mimium at the risk of being left with unsold cards and unused materials.

Last edited:
I really dislike this style of cards. Where's the crafting in it?? The Christmas ones are slightly better, but I still won't be buying.

I know what you mean but if people want to make this kind of card then that's their choice. Maybe they don't have time to do more advanced techniques or even the ability to do them or maybe this will be a stepping stone and they will move on to different things To me it's a bit like someone going out for a 15 minute jog while someone else trains for the London marathon, as long as people are happy with what they are doing there's not a problem.

I really don't like clutter cards, don't think I'll be buying this one. Kind of justifies the leap of the Jewel 40 Sheets of Reflective Metallic Foiled Card & Papers, Ribbon & Adhesive Gems into my basket :)

Can I please ask you - is that 587975 and if so, is it a good kit? I ask because I'm fed up paying a fortune for cards in shops so I'm giving to give this card making thing a bash. Is that a good kit to start with do you think? I'm a bit clueless about crafting.......

Can I please ask you - is that 587975 and if so, is it a good kit? I ask because I'm fed up paying a fortune for cards in shops so I'm giving to give this card making thing a bash. Is that a good kit to start with do you think? I'm a bit clueless about crafting.......

Yes it's a lovely blingy kit..can I suggest you join sister forum crafttelly.com, and ask this question cos you will get lots of good suggestions for the new crafter! The TSV would be a good starter kit I think.

Yes it's a lovely blingy kit..can I suggest you join sister forum crafttelly.com, and ask this question cos you will get lots of good suggestions for the new crafter! The TSV would be a good starter kit I think.

Thank you. I will have to join won't I? I bought a scrap booking kit which has sat gathering dust but I think I want to make cards too. I did look at the TSV but they are as someone said before, ginormous! I'm not sure I'd know what to do with those as a novice but I will start with the sparkly ones and see how I go. Thanks again.

Thank you. I will have to join won't I? I bought a scrap booking kit which has sat gathering dust but I think I want to make cards too. I did look at the TSV but they are as someone said before, ginormous! I'm not sure I'd know what to do with those as a novice but I will start with the sparkly ones and see how I go. Thanks again.

Yes just join like this one, you will see me over there too!

I think there are lots of better kits for the starter, in fact loads - you can join in a couple of minutes, have a good read you'll love it. I've asked this question over there...

Last edited:
I know what you mean but if people want to make this kind of card then that's their choice. Maybe they don't have time to do more advanced techniques or even the ability to do them or maybe this will be a stepping stone and they will move on to different things To me it's a bit like someone going out for a 15 minute jog while someone else trains for the London marathon, as long as people are happy with what they are doing there's not a problem.

Fair enough! I never thought I'd say this, but according to your analysis, I'm training for the London marathon!!!

Anyway, I can feel a bit of a spending spree coming on today. There are so many kits that I fancy. I've already bought 3 items. Strange really, because on so many craft days in the past, there's been nothing that I've fancied. I'll try not to get too carried away. :1:

Yes just join like this one, you will see me over there too!

I think there are lots of better kits for the starter, in fact loads - you can join in a couple of minutes, have a good read you'll love it. I've asked this question over there...

Noooooo don't say that - I've bought it now. That and the toppers wotsit that was on after, plus my sticky pads and double sided sticky tape (from Ebay) so's I've got something for to stick them all together with! I'm going to make shiny cards till they're coming out of my ears.......

Only saw the TSV briefly, but to me looked like ready made cards and not that great looking anyway

Only saw the TSV briefly, but to me looked like ready made cards and not that great looking anyway

I wish it was brief! The TSV presentations are never ending, tedious and extremely boring. I wish it would sell out ....quickly!!

Noooooo don't say that - I've bought it now. That and the toppers wotsit that was on after, plus my sticky pads and double sided sticky tape (from Ebay) so's I've got something for to stick them all together with! I'm going to make shiny cards till they're coming out of my ears.......

that's ok aragorn everyone said buy a Kanban kit anyway and with the toppers you will love this - you will probably now find you will have to buy lots more once the addiction kicks in..incidentally a lot of card makers have scrapbooking kits and never use them...:) but take all the embellishments and bti and bobs out of them...then sell the scrapbook on ebay!

Last edited:
As a matter of interest, are any of you on the consumer panel that Dawn mentioned? Quite a few people have phoned in today saying that they'd already had the TSV to try it out. Of course, they all say it's wonderful!! I wonder how you actually get to be on the panel. Not that I'd buy today's TSV, but I wouldn't say no to some free stuff - I'm assuming it's free.

As a matter of interest, are any of you on the consumer panel that Dawn mentioned? Quite a few people have phoned in today saying that they'd already had the TSV to try it out. Of course, they all say it's wonderful!! I wonder how you actually get to be on the panel. Not that I'd buy today's TSV, but I wouldn't say no to some free stuff - I'm assuming it's free.

I guess you would need to be a good customer buying this kind of item. I imagine people who have bought a lot of Kanban kits are likely to be given these to try.

Like you though I'm always up for a freebie!

I wondered how you got a freebie meself, seeing as I've spent a small fortune in the past :33: Makes you wonder how they choose these people.

It's not just craft, they send other stuff out to "people". Who are these "people", that's what I want to know :32:

Pauline xx

I wondered how you got a freebie meself, seeing as I've spent a small fortune in the past :33: Makes you wonder how they choose these people.

It's not just craft, they send other stuff out to "people". Who are these "people", that's what I want to know :32:

Pauline xx

They probably went on the Portugal crafting holiday with Dawn to qualify!!

I always thought the people who got invites or the kits sent out were people who sent them e-mails or phoned them a lot. Just a guess though.

They probably went on the Portugal crafting holiday with Dawn to qualify!!

Aaah well - that's another story isn;t it. When QVC stepped onto the bandwagon (think it was last year) there was a lot of controversy, saying it was isolating peeps who couldn't afford that sort of trip, yet QVC were highlighting it.

P x

Latest posts

Back