Cozee 4 piece duvet set £6.95 p and p

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mink

Registered Shopper
Yes this is an old,old, complaint about QVC - but this is a new high! Or low! Depends on your point of view.
I am watching on a small TV and could hardly read the price of p and p.
Wouldn't it be a great idea if presenters actually SAID how much the postage charges were.
Not happy, I would like to try this set, but no, not paying as I want to register my protest.
Are they listening, do they care?:headbang::mysmilie_365:

Yes this is an old,old, complaint about QVC - but this is a new high! Or low! Depends on your point of view.
Wouldn't it be a great idea if presenters actually SAID how much the postage charges were.
Not happy, I would like to try this set, but no, not paying as I want to register my protest.

In reply to your questions- no& no!

i think qvc give you a good price that can be competitive but then add high postage costs hoping that the customer wont realise.£5.00 would be a more realistic price but then a couple of mascaras cost more than that to post so hey!

I factor the P&P in to the total cost, if its still a good buy or something I want - then I buy, however, I wil always ask for a pre-paid postage lable if I want to return so will not pay return postage

to be honest the postage has never been an issue for me if i want something il buy it

Generally speaking I do the same SCW, I always add the p&p to the cost and then if its something I want to buy at the total price, I will. Not defending qvc in anyway, but I had to send a parcel the other day as I sometimes sell on ebay and it was £3.50sih for something quite small and that excluded the packing materials I had used. Post charges have gone up and I'm not looking forward to buying all my stamps for my christmas cards, Gulp!:sad:

Interesting that the p&p is £1 more on the TSV than on the other Cozee Home duvet sets on offer, all comprising duvet cover, sheet and two pillowcases. Are they saying that this one is heavier than all the rest

I searched high and low on the internet and in the shops before paying full wack for a 4 piece microfleece duvet set from QVC about 6 weeks ago. It is worth every penny - warm and dries fast. I sleep in it with fleece PJs but we are still sleeping under the spring/autumn duvet.

I imagine that they will be available in the shops next year in the UK so you could wait a year and pick up a set from Primark next winter which should be cheaper.

As to P&P it is a large parcel and the price is better value than jewellry at £3.95.

postage is a bit of a bummer. i sell the odd thing on e-bay. i posted a pair of long leather boots boxed and it cost around £5 to post. a leather coat around the same. some wallpaper (5 rolls) £5.50 these are heavy items and companies do tend to get better rates than regular customers. sometimes i notice that qvc sells something for a pound more then deducts that from the postage price. this tsv is a very good price but the postage is a bit too high methinks.

still want it though looks lush!

Interesting that the p&p is £1 more on the TSV than on the other Cozee Home duvet sets on offer, all comprising duvet cover, sheet and two pillowcases. Are they saying that this one is heavier than all the rest

I would think the TSV is heavier and better quality than the last TSV from Cozy Homes and therefore the other sets today - the Polka dot and other one are not as thick. I recently bought the white embroidered one which looks just like the TSV and it is better quality than the last TSV that I had in my possession for a short while (an ebay story of discontent).

They have always done this - presumably to offset some of the discount on the price - they think we are all to thick to notice!

If QVC sell as much as they say they do , constantly saying another 100 gone then they shouldnt need to charge high p&p or any p&p at all. There just being greedy and id imagine trying to recuperate costs for the big move and the celebrity guests they keep having on.

Like some others .......... if I want the item then the P&P isn't an issue, although I do get the item elsewhere if I've found it cheaper. I just wish they'd have a more sensible way of deciding how much to charge instead of sticking a pin in a price list and being completely random. You'd think that heavy items would cost a lot more than the really light ones, but that (as we know) isn't the case.

I steered clear of this TSV though. I'm probably in the minority but I only have a 4.5 tog quilt on the bed in the summer and the winter (and the heating goes off before I go to bed) and the thought of sleeping under microfleece (and roasting) doesn't really appeal to me at all.

I hate paying delivery charges.I hate paying OTT charges.I hate even more paying for a first rate postage and it takes days to dispatch and receive which is ordinarily my experience with QVC.I wouldn't mind paying their charges if I received it the next day! I'm lucky if it gets dispatched in 48 hours!

Sometimes with online shopping....you do just have to bite the bullet and pay them,I realise that.I was really irritated the other day when browsing a store popular with my teens that there were lots of *online exclusives*.I had no choice but to pay the postage.In fact I did have a choice,I could have had it delivered to a store in town - but that seemed just as much money as delivery and more effort.Maybe different if I was going into town anyway...but I'm not.

I only pay QVC's prices if I literally have no choice and I'm totally in love with an object or the easy pay...or if the whole total is the cheapest I can get it.I find QVC totally uncompetitive with their delivery charge for each item........I mean wowzer...who still does that these days?!

Luckily the TSV is not doing it for me either!

I would have considered buying this for my DD and her partner but no way am I paying £6.95 for postage. I've only paid £5.99 postage for a humungous and heavy radiator dispatched on Friday and delivered today. Recent purchase of a new golf bag was free postage and delivered next day. Could go on and on about QVC and their postage costs.................

I have ordered one. My slanket is fleece so I presume it will be similar stuff:thinking: I read most of the reviews and they were all positive.
My other half does not know yet, or I would had so much ear ache.He is right, I don't need any more bedclothes, I have quite a few, all stashed away in the loft.
I have a NN flannel set I bought ages ago that ruined my bedroom carpet with all the shedding., so I put it away after one use only...(.it was only much later that Susie mentioned that they might need washing prior to using.) I have a 600 tc set that NN said did not need ironing, but it got all crumpled after the wash, I ironed the duvet cover and one set of pillow cases and then put them away.
I have one of those sateen comforter set that looks too dressy and a cotton patchwork bed set that was supposed to be king size but looks small on my bed , these are just from QVC that are stashed away :doh:
I did not send things back those days.
I think I can use the sateen set and the patchwork cover set in one of my guest rooms one of these days:thinking:
If I am not happy with this set, I will definitely send it back.

Re p+p charges, if I want something I will usually take into account the charges. If I wanted the tsv, the p+p would not be a deterrent for me. With Yankee, for example, the p+p charges do seem extortionate but, in reality, are not; the parcel is heavy and the candles are so much cheaper than in the shops. If the total price is more than I want to pay, not more than I think the item is worth, then I won't buy it. One instance when I do allow postage to influence my decision on principle, is when they used to charge £20 for a tv, or a pc. Back to the cozee set, I have just spent quite a lot of money on a new bed, and am looking for some new linens. I thought the tsv may have been for me, until I saw that it was fleece. I am not tempted by it in the slightest, and will stick with NN. Do Cozee do sheet sets? NN are quite expensive for those.

Latest posts

Back