Cook's Essentials Thursday 13 September

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nice one SCW. I'll get theses I reckon. There's a similar set which were on line for ages and were a previous TSV but had a stupid long sticky out handle on one side, as well as bad reviews of the lid seals. these look better.

Nice one SCW. I'll get theses I reckon. There's a similar set which were on line for ages and were a previous TSV but had a stupid long sticky out handle on one side, as well as bad reviews of the lid seals. these look better.

they do and seem to be more squarer than before with like you say better and shorter handles and as they are on the web now you can grab them

I wonder if they have "phenolic" handles? Maybe I can put them next to my phalenopsis!

Okay so i'm ignorant, and don;t know what that means, and can't be bothered googling, what is it. Sounds like a plant

Okay so i'm ignorant, and don;t know what that means, and can't be bothered googling, what is it. Sounds like a plant

It means the handles do not get hot! something I learned earlier from the Q. never heard the expression used anywhere else.

Will this new variation see the end of their production development, or will customer testing prove further corrections required? :mysmilie_46:

:mysmilie_506:

:mysmilie_845:

The chef said "why not get a few sets in various colours so you can colour code the contents"?

Can someone please tell him that you will then have to pay FULL postage for every set, you only get half postage if they are all the same colour!

The chef said "why not get a few sets in various colours so you can colour code the contents"?

Can someone please tell him that you will then have to pay FULL postage for every set, you only get half postage if they are all the same colour!

Apart from the whole idea of that being totally anal

He's not daft hence the various colours suggestion.

So you'd be saying "yikes I can't put my half raw onion in that container because it's red and I can only use that for meat ohmigod what am i going to do the green one is in the dishwasher ok I have a blue one but im saving that in case there's a bit of tuna left after lunch and anyway it's the wrong size ohmigod all this stress! HELPPPPPP MEEEEEE!"

So you'd be saying "yikes I can't put my half raw onion in that container because it's red and I can only use that for meat ohmigod what am i going to do the green one is in the dishwasher ok I have a blue one but im saving that in case there's a bit of tuna left after lunch and anyway it's the wrong size ohmigod all this stress! HELPPPPPP MEEEEEE!"

Like I said anal

Do people use microwaves to cook stuff in? I just use mine to defrost and heat leftovers up. That's it. I can't see the need for various containers to do that. I just cover leftovers with a bowl and bung in the microwave.

I see the 200ml size of the previous round set has been reincarnated as an egg poacher. I wonder if we will see other bowls from that set being marketed under different job descriptions in the future. It looks as if they didn't manage to get rid of them all when they were in Clearance.

I have to say I'm another one whose microwave gets limited use.I use it mainly for veg and Dh uses it for some ready meals at awkward hours (shiftworker).

Don't think I've ever cooked something "proper" in it.Actually do like it for jacket potatoes as so quick compared to the oven.

Latest posts

Back