Cook's Essentials Thursday 13 September

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The chef said "why not get a few sets in various colours so you can colour code the contents"?

Can someone please tell him that you will then have to pay FULL postage for every set, you only get half postage if they are all the same colour!

And of course you don't need to colour code 'Lock n' Lock (now a bad word) as they're transparent. Agree with other poster, I just use pyrex bowl and have a universal vent lid I pop on top. Presenter says 'oh dear, you need an oven glove to get your normal bowls out, what a nuisance', same presenter who flogs the oven gloves that are marvellous. Noticed also the stacking advice changed as the day went on.

I mainly just use microwave to cook porridge and a bit of re-heating.

Last edited:
Do people use microwaves to cook stuff in? I just use mine to defrost and heat leftovers up. That's it. I can't see the need for various containers to do that. I just cover leftovers with a bowl and bung in the microwave.

I can honestly say the only thing I use mine for is baked beans!! It's on its way out actually. Think I can live without it. Maybe I can get a Kitchenaid to go in it's space ;)

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

The pinky red ones won't get stained orange when heating one's Heinz Beans or Sketti.

Jude xx

The pinky red ones won't get stained orange when heating one's Heinz Beans or Sketti.

Jude xx

When you're on your own it's easier to cook a double portion of whatever, at once and then chill or freeze and re-heat the second one when you want it. Saves on oven/hob time and electricity. That's exactly what I thought about the red ones Jude, great for re-heating curry or tomato based dishes without the awful staining you get in the lock & locks.

My ones arrived yesterday, i went for the red its a lovely shiny colour, and they do seem very good, Ive heated some frozen peas, and I tried sprouts which always splatter my microwave, no problem at all, the handles stay cool as well, I will be keeping them I think they will be really handy. I do use my microwave quite a bit for heating small portions, but there are three sizes to choose,

Latest posts

Back