Cook's Essentials 5 Piece Pan Set & 4 Piece Utensil Set 02/08/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

With regard to selling something that has already been used, I had this with underwear in M & S. It was a black shapewear slip. I picked it up to take into the changing room and realised that it was covered in deodorant stains and was completely creased. It had obviously been worn and returned to the shop floor. So much for quality checks. I did write a letter of complaint and got a letter of apology plus a gift voucher for £20.00. It wouldn't have occurred to me to do this but the young woman in customer services told me that I should. I must admit, I did feel guilty as it wasn't as though I'd not noticed it before buying.

It was right to complain, no very simple check was done and you could have been visually impaired. It wasn't a jumble sale!

I use CE every day almost and bought the last TSV set with the copper lining, gorgeous if pans can be gorgeous! for my DD who is getting married soon. They were on EP, £85ish with p&p.

Am I the only one, who bought CE in the 90s,which lost their non stick, and didn't use the lifetime guarantee? I binned mine. I think QVC relies on most buyers doing the same.

I buy CE just for the money back guarantee.
My frying pans only seem to last about a year - so back they go and a new replacement comes. Sometimes they have discontinued an item so I get a refund and get a new CE pan to use for frying - I think it's the salt in the bacon, but so far the new copper pan is doing quite well.
If I needed new saucepans I would consider this set - looks nice, and the price isn't bad really when you consider how much your getting.

Am I the only one, who bought CE in the 90s,which lost their non stick, and didn't use the lifetime guarantee? I binned mine. I think QVC relies on most buyers doing the same.

I have used the money back guarantee once before but have 2 sets of CE pans that need to go back (just need to find the receipt!) even though I don't use metal utensils and don't put them in the dishwasher the non stick never lasts a lifetime
Am tempted to buy this TSV, it does seem a win win if you can keep getting new pans or your money back even if you have used them for years

I have used the money back guarantee once before but have 2 sets of CE pans that need to go back (just need to find the receipt!) even though I don't use metal utensils and don't put them in the dishwasher the non stick never lasts a lifetime
Am tempted to buy this TSV, it does seem a win win if you can keep getting new pans or your money back even if you have used them for years
You don't need to find the receipt. Just call CS and tell them they are damaged. CS will have to go back through the archived sales which are held offline. You will probably need to call them to remind them but in the end they will send a courier to pick them up.

You don't need to find the receipt. Just call CS and tell them they are damaged. CS will have to go back through the archived sales which are held offline. You will probably need to call them to remind them but in the end they will send a courier to pick them up.

Thanks I cant even remember when I bought them, probably about 5 years ago, maybe longer!

I had CE in 2006/7, couldn't fault them, but the non stick started to pit and look rusty, so contacted Q and had a full refund of the price paid, which was over £100...it was one of their bigger sets, with the stock pot, large frying pan and sauté pan in.

Ordered the last TSV in copper and it was promptly returned, very poor quality and thin non stick coating. Have just bought a set of Swan Stoneware pans and they are absolutely brilliant, food glides off!

Thanks I cant even remember when I bought them, probably about 5 years ago, maybe longer!
Just tell CS that you cannot remember the date. They should surely be able to search your orders with either the word "saucepan" or 'cooks essentials'. Make that call today and soon you will be able to buy new saucepans!

Just tell CS that you cannot remember the date. They should surely be able to search your orders with either the word "saucepan" or 'cooks essentials'. Make that call today and soon you will be able to buy new saucepans!

Yeah you don't need to know, CS can find it on their system!

Yeah you don't need to know, CS can find it on their system!

I sent CS an email and they replied that the order records did not go back that far (for me, anyway) and asked if I could supply the order details, gulp!! I checked my Account online and they were right, the orders didn't go that far back.

Luckily, I have kept all my email confirmations and after much searching I found the order and sent the information through and had a reply giving a full refund and instructed to stop using the pans and dispose of them, I did not have to return the old pans to Q.

I sent CS an email and they replied that the order records did not go back that far (for me, anyway) and asked if I could supply the order details, gulp!! I checked my Account online and they were right, the orders didn't go that far back.

Luckily, I have kept all my email confirmations and after much searching I found the order and sent the information through and had a reply giving a full refund and instructed to stop using the pans and dispose of them, I did not have to return the old pans to Q.

I think for older records they have to access a different system so I think person dealing with your e-mail may not have realised that!

It shouldn't matter if you ask me.
Cooks Essentials are Q's own brand, so it's not like you could have bought them anywhere else is it?

I like this lifetime guarantee. OK, not everyone uses it, but the fact that they do stand by the guarantee and always have done is really reassuring.

i have used it and they had anather system to check when i bought the pans. the printout was huge and went back years

i have used it and they had anather system to check when i bought the pans. the printout was huge and went back years

I did that before, years ago, maybe it was for the pan set I returned before
They sent me the list, totalling all my orders it was huge :blush:
Wouldn't want to go through that again.
Am pretty sure I will have the receipts so will have a proper look first

I would love to see my entire QVC order history! It would be fascinating to see what I still have, and how much of it I have thrown or given away, broken, used or otherwise disposed of.

My head is firmly buried in the sand. I'd be mortified to see in black and white how much money I've wasted over 20 years! :blush:

Latest posts

Back