Cook's Essentials 5 Piece Pan Set & 4 Piece Utensil Set 02/08/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would love to see my entire QVC order history! It would be fascinating to see what I still have, and how much of it I have thrown or given away, broken, used or otherwise disposed of.

I got mine sent a few years ago. Wasn't horrified at what I'd bought. It was the amount spent on postage that was difficult to bear. However I suppose if I rotted up the amount of time and energy spent to source those items, then It is worth it.

i think you have a point about sourcing. at the mo i am patching up my teeny garden. more downsizing on the plants in pots that have taken over the garden in an irritating way. all the qvc clematis that after several years in pots are not flowering much if at all. time to get rid. so am replacing the pot plants with lamps and water features and the ocassional buddah. i still have hanging baskets and flowers/roses etc in borders but its getting decluttered

I'm moving (I hope) to somewhere without a garden so also busy either giving away potted plants or planting them in the ground. I have planted all the clematis except one which I will take with me and put on my new allotment when I get one. Anyway enough of hijacking the Cooks Essentials thread!

My saucepans arrived this morning. I'm pleased with the look of them but I don't want to use them as they look so lovely and new.

Did anyone buy the purple? If so what do you think of the colour? I was interested in the purple but it looked different in different lights. A gareish pinky purple would not suit (think Barney the dinosaur) but a proper purple especially if there is softness to the tone would be perfect.

Did anyone buy the purple? If so what do you think of the colour? I was interested in the purple but it looked different in different lights. A gareish pinky purple would not suit (think Barney the dinosaur) but a proper purple especially if there is softness to the tone would be perfect.

I did. It's a lovely colour, more bluey than pinky and not at all garish.

I ordered the purple too, I adore purple but was actually unsure of choosing the colour on the pan as I liked the black as it had a slight metallic glitter and the purple appeared not to, more matt. The hubby was keen on the purple :wonder: unusually but I settled on the 'damson' for fear of regret in the long run. So pleased I did because it does have the slight glitter affect which exceeds expectations. Now that's the colour I'm pleased with, what about the rest, been prepping them today and the look lovely, made scrambled egg in the milk pan so far so good. Hope everyone else is pleased with theirs.

I ordered the purple too, I adore purple but was actually unsure of choosing the colour on the pan as I liked the black as it had a slight metallic glitter and the purple appeared not to, more matt. The hubby was keen on the purple :wonder: unusually but I settled on the 'damson' for fear of regret in the long run. So pleased I did because it does have the slight glitter affect which exceeds expectations. Now that's the colour I'm pleased with, what about the rest, been prepping them today and the look lovely, made scrambled egg in the milk pan so far so good. Hope everyone else is pleased with theirs.

if you want the rest of the range in that colour you could be waiting a while as the colours they seem to do in a tsv only appear in a tsv & when they do pans seperately or in duos ect they only seem to do black or copper or red ect

No I'm fine for a while SCW, thanks for mentioning though. I do browse myself loads and have seen lots of other CE things in purple but obviously pans are not that prolific.

yes ive had people say to me can i keep an eye out for duck egg coloured & green coloured pans to match the rest of the pans they have & so far they have been non exsistant so it seems like only some colours in tsvs are going to come into more of the range so i did think there was no harm in advising you of this but if i do see any il mention it

Well, I'm not impressed that there's absolutely no reviews for this TSV on the website now, highly suspicious IMO and mine is def going back. The small milk pan has not been finished properly on the edge for a start and has dark patches where it can't be polished because it not flat. Then to add to it, we have used the frying pan twice today and it's already pitting and leaving small brown marks. Not what I expected with the quality they promised. Hopefully it's just mine and not every ones.

I bought these in the black and am happy with the colour
purple is my favourite colour but I think colours change all the time & would want everything
to co-ordinate so think its safer to stick with black

First thing I noticed was that the pouring spout was only on one side of all the pans (which I didn't notice on the demos) except the milk pan so will need to use them for a bit first before I decide if they are keepers -
the advantage of the 30 day MBG

I bought these in the black and am happy with the colour
purple is my favourite colour but I think colours change all the time & would want everything
to co-ordinate so think its safer to stick with black

First thing I noticed was that the pouring spout was only on one side of all the pans (which I didn't notice on the demos) except the milk pan so will need to use them for a bit first before I decide if they are keepers -
the advantage of the 30 day MBG

My first thought when I saw the spout on one side only was people who are left handed might have trouble with them!

I am left handed and as I am one in ten of the population, I have learnt to adapt to the world of the right handlers so only having a spout on one side but my cooks essentials pans do have pouring spouts on both sides and drainage lids with holes.

Latest posts

Back