Cook's Essentials 5 Piece Pan Set & 4 Piece Utensil Set 02/08/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The last TSV of these pans I had to go on advanced order for the purple option as it sold out early. When they arrived a month later they still had dirty dried on food marks where they'd been used & I'd obviously been sent what someone else had returned.

The last TSV of these pans I had to go on advanced order for the purple option as it sold out early. When they arrived a month later they still had dirty dried on food marks where they'd been used & I'd obviously been sent what someone else had returned.

Most of what QVC send out again are returns, that's one of the deciding factors why I stopped buying from them about eighteen months ago, that and the fact they're the dearest place to shop, because out of the last five things I ordered from them, four were visible returns.

Strange how Q constantly tell us that it's fine to use metal utensils with CE pans, but they are sending (I presume) silicone utensils with the TSV.

Most of what QVC send out again are returns, that's one of the deciding factors why I stopped buying from them about eighteen months ago, that and the fact they're the dearest place to shop, because out of the last five things I ordered from them, four were visible returns.

What do you mean by "most of what QVC send out AGAIN are returns"?:confused:

I ordered a purple set at midnight. It came quickly and was definitely a brand new set. I love them. I was fed up of struggling to wash non non-stick pans and pans that said they were non-stick, but weren't (yes, ceramic pans, I'm talking to you!). Replacing the Tefal set I had would have cost £stupid to get the ones that work on induction. These were a no-brainer for me. They look great, cook great and wash great. Plus, a lifetime guarantee!

I will say, though, that I do look after them. No dishwasher or metal utensils. They might have that lifetime guarantee, but I feel that if I look after them, I won't need to use it.

What do you mean by "most of what QVC send out AGAIN are returns"?:confused:

Well, what it means is, someone will send something back to QVC (a return).............and then they send it out again (trying to pass second hand goods off as new)

Well, what it means is, someone will send something back to QVC (a return).............and then they send it out again (trying to pass second hand goods off as new)

I think this is one way in which the 30 day mbg is a double-edged sword.

If goods are returned within a day or two of receipt, it's probably fair enough to resell as new - most retailers (I suspect) do exactly the same.

Something which has been thoroughly trialled for 30 days... different story! These should really be sold as used goods, and not at full retail "as new" price.

Wonder how much this will be? We rather urgently need some new pans, although we don't need the frying pan or the utensils, so it will depend on the price on the day.

With regard to selling something that has already been used, I had this with underwear in M & S. It was a black shapewear slip. I picked it up to take into the changing room and realised that it was covered in deodorant stains and was completely creased. It had obviously been worn and returned to the shop floor. So much for quality checks. I did write a letter of complaint and got a letter of apology plus a gift voucher for £20.00. It wouldn't have occurred to me to do this but the young woman in customer services told me that I should. I must admit, I did feel guilty as it wasn't as though I'd not noticed it before buying.

I am tempted as I need a new set of pans but I think it is going to be too expensive. Wonder if it will be on EP's?

Cook's Essentials Aluminium Induction 5 Piece Cookware & Utensils Set

QVC Price: £91.00
Today's Special Value Price :£69.96
P&P: £7.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/Cooks-Essentia...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-23-_-803979

This stylish, non-stick, aluminium cookware set includes a milk pan, two saucepans with lids, a stockpot and lid, and a skillet all designed with a new non-stick, coloured interior coating; plus you'll also get a set of four handy utensils including a slotted fish slice and a ladle. Practical, versatile and contemporary, this vibrant Cook's Essentials set is ideal for creating great meals on the hob, as well as reheating, baking or simply updating your kitchenware.

Durable coating - the new Colour Smart coating is manufactured by Whitford and is both durable, long-lasting and non-stick to help food cook quicker and more evenly. It's so tough that you can use metal, nylon and wooden utensils when cooking and serving too.

Versatile for everyday cooking - this set is great for stewing, boiling, frying, braising and even baking, so you're well equipped for every mealtime.

Colour for your kitchen - choose from five vibrant colour options to brighten up any culinary space. The pans have a colour matching exterior, a steel base suitable for all hob types including induction, and colour matching phenolic handles; these handles offer an easy grip and can withstand heat of up to 160C in the oven.

Dishwasher safe but hand washing is recommended
Metal utensil safe but silicone or wooden utensils are recommended
Oven safe to 160C

Contains:
1 x open milk pan with small spout (0.9L) 14cm (5.5")
1 x covered saucepan with small spout (1.9L) 16cm (6.3")
1 x covered saucepan with small spout (2.9L) 18cm (7.1")
1 x covered stockpot with small spout (4.8L) 24cm (9.4")
1 x open skillet (0.9L) 24cm (9.4")

Four-piece urban tool set:
1 x slotted fish slice
1 x slotted spoon
1 x pasta spoon
1 x ladle

Colours available:
Black
Cherry
Copper
Damson
Silver

Behind the brand
Created especially for QVC, Cook's Essentials kitchenware offers cooks the opportunity to achieve outstanding results every time. From non-stick pieces to powerful and innovative kitchen helpers, these items are true essentials for any cooking station.

All measurements are approximate

I'm out, too expensive especially with £8.00 P&P and no EP's. I've seen a nice set for half that price in Asda.

Latest posts

Back