Computer Shop TSV Sunday - any ideas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

would it be good to take off my info from this computer ready to put onto this new fangled vista one that i am in mortal fear of........i sell on ebay & im petrified of losing all my emails/ photos etc......hope i dont sound too much like a hopeless case...i dont do word processing & stuff like that,........sorry to be a pain in the bum

im really liking the pink one......& im less likely to lose that than a memory stick & a pack of discs hubbys bought for me to use........tremor.......

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145370

The bundled LaCieSync: Synchronization and Encryption Software allows you to synchronize your files and your Outlook/Outlook Express data from anywhere to your home PC (Windows only) securely, and it protects your data with 128-bit encryption

many thanks folks.......i dont use outlook express [ im on aol ]....dunno if that makes a differnece.....as aol seems to have people like me who are total converts & people who hate it..
the drawback to the one youve shown is IF i dont like/cant get on with it etc......then i cant return it.......the other drawback is IF i went for the TSV & ditto then i would possibly have lots on personal info flying about on a returned item...inc my NI no's etc.
problems problems.....
but thanks to you both SVC & Deanos

Well I HAVE just ordered mine and as far as I am concerned it is worth the extra . I know that I could buy an external hard drive for less but this will suit me as I know next to nothing about how computers work and have NEVER backed up in over 12 years of computer using.

Dont forget the TSV has software, its just that its already on the hard drive instead of on your computers hard drive, thats the only diffrence and not worth £50 extra, its just as prone to crashing or not running correctly.

many thanks folks.......i dont use outlook express [ im on aol ]....dunno if that makes a differnece.....as aol seems to have people like me who are total converts & people who hate it..
the drawback to the one youve shown is IF i dont like/cant get on with it etc......then i cant return it.......the other drawback is IF i went for the TSV & ditto then i would possibly have lots on personal info flying about on a returned item...inc my NI no's etc.
problems problems.....
but thanks to you both SVC & Deanos

If for some reason you didnt like the software that came with the Ebuyer one you can easily use a different program there are loads about and even Nero has its own backup software.

Whever you choose im sure they are both as easy to use as each other

I think I'm going to get one of these to try. We need to get everything off OH's pc and also back mine up - so for the sake of the first easy pay I'm going to give it a go. That's the nice thing about shopping with QVC (and usually I'm the first to criticise!) I can try it, and if I don't think it's worth the money, just send it back!

would it be good to take off my info from this computer ready to put onto this new fangled vista one that i am in mortal fear of........i sell on ebay & im petrified of losing all my emails/ photos etc......hope i dont sound too much like a hopeless case...i dont do word processing & stuff like that,........sorry to be a pain in the bum

Sorry bit late in the day I know, but Vista very kindly comes loaded with Easy Transfer software to automatically copy your settings and files to a new computer. It will literally copy over your files plus cookies, internet favourites, etc so you no longer have to start from scratch with a new computer. So you don't even need to buy a special piece of software. Very user friendly and simple.

Also comes with Back Up softare so you can make a copy of your files.

Most of us were used to running XP Home which didn't include back up but Vista was built on top of XP Professional which was better.

I'm going to give it a go.I like the idea that you donrt have to plug into the mains,just a usb to plug in. I only use a laptop and getting my external hard drive out and finding a socket to plug it into and then a wire trailing around is such a polaver. maybe I'm just lazy

Latest posts

Back