Computer presenter in the 90s/2000s

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Made in Sheffield

Registered Shopper
Hi,

Can anyone remember a presenter in the 90s/early 2000s who used to demonstrate computers and software?
It's been bugging me for ages for some reason and I can't find anything about him, arghhh!

That's the bloke! Phew, thank you

I don't think that was Tim Goodwin. He appeared on the short lived Argos TV.
I suspect the guy you'ree thinking of was Alan (the chap who famously cracked a TV screen while saying it was unbreakable!) He disappeared from QVC shortly after that incident.

Tim was on QVC for years as their tech guy. Then he had to cover a different show at the last minute(not sure which beauty or jewellery??), he made some comments. Next thing he disappeared from QVC, and long time after went to the Argos channel

Tim was on QVC for years as their tech guy. Then he had to cover a different show at the last minute(not sure which beauty or jewellery??), he made some comments. Next thing he disappeared from QVC, and long time after went to the Argos channel

Good to know that Herr Flick is alive and well and living in Chiswick.

A reference to covering for Julian who was being too "tired and emotional" to appear on air.

I think it was jewellery??? Julian was actually really good at these shows, he was fun and talked about his granny would like this. Beauty shows he was with AY and used asked the questions we the public would ask. How does this work, how to use, results.

Whatever it was, Tim had no interest and couldn't have give a flying monkeys. Then with his very dry humour, said the unforgivable in the eyes of the QVC big bosses.

QVC's handling of this kind of "incident" is so misguided; had they moved on, without the knee-jerk reaction sacking, would we still be talking about it years later?

As with the sacking of Whatters for mentioning Diana's engagement ring (when we know that ring sparked a million copies) his mistake was voicing what anyone would think looking at the DQ ring he was selling. You can't tell me the buyers didn't mention the D word when they commissioned it!

I suspect that the US parent company sensitivities prevail over the British sense of humour and irony, even though they say that QVCUK is a separate entity.

When a mild expletive slips out of a guest's mouth the presenter's effusive apologies are more embarrassing to watch than the original word slippage!

I saw the original incident. Tim was obviously not happy to cover for Julian at short notice, he probably had other things planned.

As far as I remember, someone else said that Tim was taking over because Julian was ill, at which point Tim said "Ill as a newt".

That turned out to be his last ever day on QVC, and he was one of my favourite presenters.

If the remark Tim made was accurate - why no disciplinary for a presenter turning up not fit for work?
Seems the only unforgivable things for QVC are the things presenters do on air.

I liked Tim G very much, he could explain his products like none other. I loved his sense of humour. He usually gave Shoppingtelly a mention...:mysmilie_59:

If the remark Tim made was accurate - why no disciplinary for a presenter turning up not fit for work?
Seems the only unforgivable things for QVC are the things presenters do on air.

We never found out, as I said he had a very dry sense of humor. It could have been just an off the top of his head joke remark? Anyway Tim never appeared again.

Latest posts

Back