Compared To The High Street

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

beauty-1

Registered Shopper
I've noticed they say this a lot. "You are saving however many pounds compared to the high street." For example they said on air, with avoplex and nail envy, you save about half the price compared to shopping from Lena White. But you also save much more shopping on ebay (especially ebay US), and quite a few other beauty websites. It just get's on my nerves when they act as if QVC prices are the best, when alot of the time they are not. Deceptive if you were not a canny shopper.

I agree, they do make you feel as if you are saving alot "compared to the High Street". But often, the big bad high street has special offers, discounts, sales even, when the product then becomes much cheaper then QVC.

The other annoying thing they do is to work out the unit cost of a set, without including the P&P. I think that they are hoping that if they ignore it, we won't notice it and see how shockingly high it is.

Another thing that irritates me is when they talk about all the celebs who are using this miracle product.

And when they demonstrate "serious preteeeeegious" skincare on models who have flawless skin. And concealer on models who have no dark circles...and they still stand back and say "how amazing!"

O.K, rant over!

Thank you forumites!

In most respects QVC is like that ie I would never buy LE from them unless it was a TSV as the prices don't compare however when there is a TSV like yesterday's OPI one you can't get those items on the High Street for that price. We went to John Lewis and Debenhams last night. JL were selling the items from that kit except the Avoplex and it would have cost more to buy all 6 items. I was amazed actually that the handcream is £11.55 on its own.

In Debenhams MrM wanted to buy me some shower gel and I found myself parroting Alexis saying why would you buy one of those 250ml when you can get 1L on QVC?

Compared to the High Street

Why does everyone seem to think we all live in big towns with "High streets". I would need to drive about 80miles to Bristol to find rhe sort of shops which might stock many of the brands sold by QVC

my beef is when qvc say that northern nights is a luxurious brand and when you go to a 5 star hotel they will have these sheets there.
and that there 500 thread count is better than the high street.

stick to the high street on this one!

I've noticed they say this a lot. "You are saving however many pounds compared to the high street." For example they said on air, with avoplex and nail envy, you save about half the price compared to shopping from Lena White. But you also save much more shopping on ebay (especially ebay US), and quite a few other beauty websites. It just get's on my nerves when they act as if QVC prices are the best, when alot of the time they are not. Deceptive if you were not a canny shopper.

I have ordered three pairs of Rockport boots from Javari (someone very kindly posted a link in The Drop) they were £50, £42 & £37.50 respectively and p & p was free. On QVC they are £117.75, £85 & £117.75 respectively plus a total of £17.85 p & p!

I have ordered three pairs of Rockport boots from Javari (someone very kindly posted a link in The Drop) they were £50, £42 & £37.50 respectively and p & p was free. On QVC they are £117.75, £85 & £117.75 respectively plus a total of £17.85 p & p!

Loads of people were posting about Clarkes shoes on QVC recently too. They had a pair of Mary Janes for about £40 which lots of us had scored in the sales in the shops for various prices. Mine were the princely sum of £12! It definitely pays to check the prices before you take QVC's word for it.

Latest posts

Back