Clogau gold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My DD looked in H.Samuel's with a view to buying a tree of life ring for me but she was not impressed with the quality on offer, a few years ago though so hopefully better quality now.

Message from Clogau

We came across this post and would love to answer a few of your questions about Clogau jewellery. By the way, we have a dedicated 'Our Ethics' section on our corporate website where details of our Welsh gold among other things are available. Just go here, and you'll find the 'Our Ethics' tab on the right hand-side: http://www.clogau.com/

Welsh gold has been used by Royalty for over 100 years, and it is this very same gold that we contain only a small amount of within each piece of our jewellery. It is only a small amount because, as you know, there is no mining taking place in Wales today and so supplies are limited. Due to supplies being finite, and it's Royal association, Welsh gold is much more highly valued than other world gold.

Over the last 20 years, Clogau has become synonymous with unique jewellery of the utmost quality, helped along by our stringent 7-stage Quality Control process which is applied to all of our jewellery. In 2005 manufacturing was moved overseas which has resulted in superior quality with traditional methods being upheld. This is supported by the free 2 year warranty we encourage customers to register for.

I hope that you will find this information of some use, and please feel free to read more via the link provided above.

Best,

Clogau

Quite liked tonights TSV but the price is just silly and now I know it's made in China I will pass.

I have a couple of pieces of clogau gold and I have to say the quality compared to other jewellery QVC sell is excellent. My Clogau was bought because my late father came from the area the mine was in and wasnt bought from QVC, yes it is expensive but it is very good quality. I have a tree of life gold band ring and there is a lot of gold in it far more than other pieces from other companies I have. I know there is only a very small amount of Welsh gold in the jewellery but they don't sell it as pure Welsh gold
I know over the last couple of years there has been a lot of legal wrangling over the land the mine is on and the licences needed to recommended mining and that this is ongoing but that some people believe they will reopen the mine at some point in the future

I was bought a clogau ingot for my birthday 5 years ago. I needed to get the bale built up as it had worn so took it to an independent and very reputable jeweller who stocks clogau to get the work done. the ingot has a very intricate design on it and they didn't think they could polish between the pattern very well and wanted to know if the ingot was blasted when I got it. I really couldnt remember so I emailed Clogau to aske them. 2 months later and I am still waiting for a reply. My local jeweller sent the ingot to Birmingham to get it blasted. Rather than £30 for the bale I ended up paying £90 for the bale and work done in Birmingham. I will say they did a very good job but it has made me think twice about buying another piece from them. first of all the intricate patterns make repairs or building up bales expensive if they have to be sent off but more worrying for me is the lack of customer service. Shame really because I love some of their pieces

I have the gold and rose gold cariad ring.I had some jewellery to sell including some from my late mother and wanted to buy a fitting piece that I liked and would wear but in memory of some of the jewellery I sold,rather than just frittering the money away.I thought Cariad was very fitting....and I absolutely love it.Its an amazing ring,very substantial and lots of people think its an antique ring.I do actually prefer silver/white gold these days...but I do truly love it.

On the "other side of the coin" I am an avid links of london fan.My DH bought me a couple of charms from Clogau to go on my links of london sweetie bracelet.They were terrible quality - and fell off so many times that I never bothered with them again after a few months.Couldn't even tell where they are in my bedroom.If that would have been my only introduction to Clogau...well it would have been a huge poor disappointment.

Sadly I don't have the funds to buy Clogau..or the really good,nice stuff.I love the sweetie bracelet....I loved the square bangle they did.....and really loved the cariad charm silver bracelet they did.....but I never knew pieces come and go so quickly.They're gone before I can save up for them.....take note QVC!!!

I do love today's ring.I don't actually think its a bad price.I've always thought if I'd got married today,I'd have a simple white gold ring set.....but I think if you're getting married this year...It would be a lovely wedding ring.....I really like it,just so out of my price range at the moment!

I don't find your post helpful at all as you have not said what percentage of the finished item is Welsh gold, and as you have said it is now made abroad where it is far cheaper to manufacture and yet your prices are still ridiculously high.

Who is the above post to?

At least it looks like a solid ring, not hollowed out like most QVC rings, but they didn't mention this on air so can't be sure.

Reference: Message From Clogau 23rd April

When Prince William and Katherine Middleton exchanged Clogau wedding rings, were those rings made 'overseas'? Where exactly is 'overseas'? Why is the country(ies) not specified? Is China the country of manufacture? As potential consumers, I think this should be disclosed.

For one brief second I thought about purchasing this ring - sense cell came around and I moved on - don't really want to put even more into the coffers of QVC and now realise its made in China (or some suchlike country) I am glad I saved my money. Surely Trades Description Agency could look into the claim of Clogau Gold and it all being british. Has the mine moved to China?

Who is the above post to?

At least it looks like a solid ring, not hollowed out like most QVC rings, but they didn't mention this on air so can't be sure.
The post was to Clogau but I forgot to reply with a quote. Apologies for any confusion caused.

Clogau

Clogau have a) set the precedent by posting on here, 23.04.12, and b) stated in that post that they would love to answer questions. They read this forum so a response should be imminent.

Did anyone hear if the goldweight in the TSV was given? Would be a clue to the actual value of this piece, though I'm sure a premium is added on for the six tiny Diamonds!

I totally caved and ordered it. I know shoot me now. I will however send it back if I am not completley in love with it when it arrives. :blush:

I emailed QVC to ask was the ring made in China and got a reply saying "the ring was sourced in India"

Wonder how much Clogau gold there is in each piece of jewellery?[/QU

OTE]

If you recall Bill Roberts, who bought the mine, and was QVC's first Clogau guest, he said it was 9%. Although I do own items from the range, I find it quite expensive for considering it is just 9ct gold with such a small amount of clogau gold in each piece. Customer Service from Clogau is first class and, as I make all of my purchases from them, that is important to me.

Latest posts

Back