Clogau gold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone remember the chocolate gold (vaporized rose gold) Q sold?

I bought (still have) a wide chocolate gold ring from Q. It had a bronze hint about it.
Lovely ring, but I prefer narrow bands now.

I remember that, why did they stop making it?

Arrived yesterday was not impressed was posted back today. Felt it wasn't worth the £500 price tag and it didn't fit.

That is so annoying teessvee. Are Clogau's days numbered on Q do you think?

I would say anyone who has bought in the past would not bother now. It felt and looked cheap in comparison with my other rings. I had to get the magnifier out to see the diamonds and there was no sparkle at all. I won't bother again.

Sadly, feel conned by Clogua

1. Yes, all Clogau IS definitely made in China (since 2005). A local independent stockist jeweller told me this & said he has never had so many returns with their jewellery. & 2. I believe the quality has gone down noticeably since then. I have quite a few Clogau items, the pre-China pieces are good, weighty & well made. Several bought since have problems - a) a brooch/pendant, never worn as brooch as pin keeps coming undone, & scratches even when worn as pendant because it pops open b) Silv/gold bangle which I had to take back straight away as it fell off my wrist while shopping - clasp was faulty & felt thin c) earrings with hooks so thick I couldn't get them through my ears, had to get replaced. Now, the final straw - a silver/gold bangle (a gift) only 4 years old, probably worn about a dozen time, has 'lost' all the gold, so it looks plain silver. Sent it back, the lady was very helpful, remarked on what good condition it was in) except for missing gold!!!) said she agreed that it looked silver, Qual ctrl couldn't find out why. (Well, obvious isn't it? Thin painted layer, don't even think it was plated.) They offered to give me the cost in other Clogau jewellery, which is all very well, but it's sentimental value and apparently, they can't replace it as it is discontinued. So, I've asked for the following:
1) try to source a replacement, though unlikely to happen
2) to pass my comments to the directors/owners of Clogau to comment on the apparent decline in quality
3) ask for owner's comments as to why they do not make it obvious the jewellery is now made in China and to me, inferior to the quality pre-China.
This is NEVER mentioned on QVC. Unless Clogau agree to make this clear and also to put it on their CUSTOMER website (there are about 3 lines on their Corporate website, which as a customer, I would be unlikely to go to) I fully intend taking this further, possibly with trading standards. It's not about money, it's about being misled and being untruthful by omission. CLOGAU - YOUR CUSTOMERS HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!!!!!

Latest posts

Back