Clogau Gold..worth the price?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It would not make business sense to tell people the tiny %tage of welsh gold in the ring, as they would be too disappointed. The mine closed in 1998, and they have stockpiled, but it is getting so low that they have asked the Welsh Assembly to continue mining rights (I read that somewhere recently), only problem is that there is no garantee that they will find any. We probably are talking significantly less then 1 % of welsh gold.

Also been told that ssome Welsh designers use actually more welsh gold in their designs, but they will cost more as you do not pay for the quality of the gold, but the origin of the gold. It will have little real re-sale value unless you find someone willing to pay the premium for the welsh bid.

Last edited:
I purchased one piece some years ago. It cost £99 then ( + PP) and when I got it I was disappointed and weighed it, it was 4 grams of 9ct gold.

I returned it as being poor value for money as it was just a flimsy plain link with the word Cariad linked into the middle. QVC said we pay for the design but I am afraid I did not think this was worth the money and I have never regretted returning it for a second.

Clogau also sell on Ebay, my wedding ring was purchased from them for £94.00 anniversay design 18ct gold with 4 diamonds and 1 sapphire. Queen Eleanor earrings with the pink sapphire for £50.00. Gold watch for £139.00. I make most of my purchases via this way and have had some cracking bargains. Last clicks QVC was my tree of life bangle for £132.00.

i love clogau gold. when you pick up the pieces you can feel the quality and the wieght of gold in them. i wish i had the money to buy this tsv as when compared to other diamond bands in this range this was around £200 cheaper.
it reminds me of the good old days of black hills gold. these pieces have a handmade feel meaning that they are chunkier not made of thin hollowed out gold or machine pressed stuff.

Latest posts

Back