Clickfree auto back up.... opinions?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
anyone got this? i am in the market for an external hard disk and looking at the reviews it seems the clickfree has lots of +ve comments but a few worrying -ve ones too.

any comments on clickfree or suggestions for alternatives? im looking for about 150gb of storage and i like things small and neat.

We have this and it is really good. I am soo un-techy but just have to plug it in and away to go. We back up 4 laptops on it with no problem. I would recommend.

I gather from the responses on here when it was tsv that you can get better and bigger backups for a better price elsewhere but I am more than happy with this as it is so easy for all the family to use.

I love it. Yes you can always get bigger but this fits easily into my hand and it's sleek and classy Burlz and in this instance size does matter!! ;) :pPC:

P.S. It's also numpty proof :30: nice and light and has pretty blue lights when in action. :D

Aldi have a portable hard disk on sale on Sunday, a bigger capacity and cheaper but I don't know how easy it is to use.

I desperately want the pink one now!! :TANTRUM: Anyone know how I can remove all my data from my existing one :WHO KNOWS: then I can try and sell it. MTIA. :pPC:

I'm still using mine (bought as a tsv) on a regular basis. I use it on at least 3 computers regularly and wouldn't be without it. The main tip I would give is to ensure that you check the file types you are using before you do your first backup, as if they are not standard (e.g. I use dreamweaver) you may need to add them into the 'sweep', but it is so easy to do this. Wouldn't be without it.

anyone got this? i am in the market for an external hard disk and looking at the reviews it seems the clickfree has lots of +ve comments but a few worrying -ve ones too.

any comments on clickfree or suggestions for alternatives? im looking for about 150gb of storage and i like things small and neat.

I’ve been using the Maxtor One Touch 500GB for 12 months (you can now buy one for £65), it does what it says on the box, my other half is now using it and finds it really easy to use. I’ve just upgraded to a 1TB Maxtor Basic (bought at Comet for £70). The software that came with the One Touch I’ve copied onto my Basic to give the same features, you tick the files/folders to backup, press the button which is on the front of the drive or use the software, that’s all you do. Next time you backup it checks for changes, if any files/folders have been deleted from your computer it moves them from the backup and puts them into a folder called history. This is very handy feature, it makes about 10 history folders before it deletes the first one, so if you have deleted any files you can always reinstall them.

The new one, 560835, seems a good price at £118 considering the 160gb one is £97. It doesn't show online if you ask for Clickfree, only if you put the number in. I wonder if it might be an upcoming TSV or special price?

They had quite a lot of the 'old' clickfree ones in the outlet in shrewsbury when I was there just before xmas I think they were £65 or £70 I think. They were all brand new and in sealed packaging.

I’ve been using the Maxtor One Touch 500GB for 12 months (you can now buy one for £65), it does what it says on the box, my other half is now using it and finds it really easy to use. I’ve just upgraded to a 1TB Maxtor Basic (bought at Comet for £70). The software that came with the One Touch I’ve copied onto my Basic to give the same features, you tick the files/folders to backup, press the button which is on the front of the drive or use the software, that’s all you do. Next time you backup it checks for changes, if any files/folders have been deleted from your computer it moves them from the backup and puts them into a folder called history. This is very handy feature, it makes about 10 history folders before it deletes the first one, so if you have deleted any files you can always reinstall them.

Just recieved an newsletter from Ebuyer, they are now selling the One Touch 500gb at £49, the Basic 500gb at £67 inc vat and P+P. I've bought several items from this company, buy before 20.00hrs you will have next day delivery before 12.00hrs. At these prices why buy elsewhere????????????.

Hhmmm, I'm thinking I might be right on this. 560835 today has a Sorry..message instead of the product that was there yesterday. Message usually means TSV. One coming up on Sun I think.

I've had 2 of these. The first one didn't save properly so I returned it, the second one (which I didn't order but was a replacement) I sent back because Norton gave me a nasty message saying Clickfree had tried to access my PC and it was "high risk". Needless to say, that one went back also, for a refund.

Re deleting your details - plug it into your PC and go into options, then "Delete PC" and it deletes all the saved data from your PC. Repeat for other PCs if necessary.

P xx

Latest posts

Back