Clearance prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
(SORRY about the title - too much reading of the China thread !!!!)

Having just seen items reduced by less than a fiver in Clearance, (like that is really going to tempt us), how long do they hang about in the warehouse I wonder before being shipped out to one of the outlet stores, as there appears to be an awful lot of Clearance shows of late, which means a tremendous amount of unsold stock.

I noticed that too. The reductions are so minimal that I'm never sure if they have actually gone down or not!

There was some good reductions in the Nina Leonard clearance hour, I never have bought any of his clothes so I didn't bother. I agree the beauty clearance hour is rather poor...

Actually it was the NL hour where I spotted the fiver off - not much I thought, which prompted me to start the thread.

(I think the spell checker came into play, as it was headed Clearance PLICES, and its corrected itself now !)

I don't know how they can call some of the reductions "Clearance" as the majority are an insult to our intelligence! Frankly, I think the time has come for QVC to give most of the stuff away as it must have been cluttering their warehouse for at least a decade!

I once made the mistake of buying tea tree wipes in "clearance". When they arrived, they were almost bone dry, smelt bad and were just over 6 months past their use by date. They were really only fit for the bin. Still had to wait ages for my refund though! Most of what they have in clearance hasn't been aired in a show for many months. In same cases, years. And the prices are a joke! I spotted one awful "fashion" item reduced by about £2! To my mind, prices for old stock clearance should be 50% off at least.

It begs the question why QVC keep bringing more and more of the same things to screen when so much of it appears to remain unsold. And, let's face it, some of this stuff they couldn't give away!

Don't they get a bit hamstrung by their one time only prices? Those are billed as guaranteed to never be on air at a lower price, aren't they? So if an OTO doesn't shift the units, they can't go back on air at a lower price to shift the remaining stock.

I think a simple rule of thumb is that if you can't remember the last time the brand was on air, avoid the "bargain". Especially so for food (!!!), cosmetics and other beauty products... and I'd also add in anything electrical, as if not used these can also deteriorate to an unusable state.

Actually it was the NL hour where I spotted the fiver off - not much I thought, which prompted me to start the thread.

(I think the spell checker came into play, as it was headed Clearance PLICES, and its corrected itself now !)

Nope no spell checker, just me!!!

They were selling a Pompoos tee shirt ,the one with the large gold crown on the front .It has been hanging around for years ,I'm sure it was a TSV years ago. Not sure they could sell it even with a huge reduction.......

They're not clearances prices, they're more like introductory prices, throw in easy pays and jobs a good un :mysmilie_14: I seen a clearance price once that was reduced by 74p..........I thought that was an insult to the QVC customer.

Latest posts

Back