Cleansers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was actually going to post this in the thread about getting products cheaper elsewhere than QVC but then I spotted a thread on cleansers so thought I should post it here!
I do love Liz Earle cleanse and polish but it's now really out of my price bracket. But for a balm cleanser which is natural and mosturising (and amazing!) but still expensive in my opinion, I would personally recommend the Balance Me 'Cleanse and Smooth' face balm - a balm cleanser you used in conjunction with cloth...

But what I was going to say was that the SBC 3-in-1 Collagen Cleanser which is a gel-based but not drying cleanser with toner and exfoliation (gentle) properties. On QVC it's about £15 plus pandp! But I have just found that on www.beautynaturals.com which offers free pandp on everything anyway, it's on offer for £6.50 for 250ml! Definitely worth a go if you're on a budget?? I've bought two!

Whilst doing the weekly grocery shop today, I purchased NSpa - no animal testing/ingredients - eye cream, which I need desperately and, having used this range, like it, and TWO hot cloth cleansers with muslin cloths, on offer at 3 for £10 across the range! What a bargain. I don't like LE, so wouldn't even consider spending her prices - well, I say HER, but it's not really, is it?

I like the Nspa range. Their night cream is very good too. It does face, neck and decolletage.

Whilst doing the weekly grocery shop today, I purchased NSpa - no animal testing/ingredients - eye cream, which I need desperately and, having used this range, like it, and TWO hot cloth cleansers with muslin cloths, on offer at 3 for £10 across the range! What a bargain. I don't like LE, so wouldn't even consider spending her prices - well, I say HER, but it's not really, is it?

Which supermarket was that in Hun?

Went to get some of the hot cloth cleanser today which I've just tried and am very impressed with, especially for the price. Also got some serum, some body lotion and some BB cream. Oh and some eucalyptus shower gel. Nice range - thanks Louise & Vienna. :sun:

Talking about cleansers, I have used LE cleanse & polish for a long time. I had some direct from them recently. I used the last of an old tube this morning, and opened the new one this evening. It has definitely changed, the smell is a bit different and the texture slightly different. The eucalyptus smell is very weak and not as nice, having used the original this morning it was easy to make the comparison. The ingredient listing is identical but it certainly has changed, I won't be buying it again.

I love LE C&P and have stuck to it for some time but thanks China Girl your comment has 'hit home'.I have been using a tube of C&P for the last week & the thought the texture is more creamy/thiner & the smell is not as strong (could I be imagining this?)I will keep buying but if LE (& think this is being taken over by Avon?) is going to change then maybe I will be looking for a replacement.When a company is taken over by a larger organisation ( Jo malone is another e.g) I tend to go off them.

Marina, Try this masque - 99p for 2 from Savers. Really good! I use one masque per week. Also Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 mask / wash is good.

For a surprisingly low cost option you could try the Holland & Barrett tea tree soap - the one everyone was talking about. I normally wouldn't let a soap anywhere near my face but this soap is special.

I use the Cleanse & Polish but nevertheless, ocasionally I also use other Hot Cloth Cleansers which I find are very good, namely the No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser, the Ultimelt Hot Cloth Cleanser from Soap& Glory. Would love to try the NSpa Cleanser mentioned here but as I don't live in the UK, there is no way to get it. Elemis also have a cleanser I'd love to try and good for me-I can order it online.:)
By the way, the Emma Hardie Cleansing Blam is also very good, as is a balm from Korea (holika holika is the brand) I bought off Ebay.

Marina, Try this masque - 99p for 2 from Savers. Really good! I use one masque per week. Also Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 mask / wash is good.

For a surprisingly low cost option you could try the Holland & Barrett tea tree soap - the one everyone was talking about. I normally wouldn't let a soap anywhere near my face but this soap is special.
Hello Julius, which masque did you mean from Savers? I did try the tea tree oil soap from H&B when it was on penny sale a week ago or so but unfortunately didn't like it because it leaves some kind of sticky layer on my skin, it happens every time I use a bar of soap not just this one so I've been using liquid soap/bath products for many years now.

I think I'm in the minority here but I love Perricone's cleanser (I've even got two back ups). I've been using this for over a year and I like the feeling of skin after use (I sometimes use it with my clarisonic).

When I go on holiday I use Clinique's wash off cleanser (due to it being in a tube, no leaks and easier to pack in my suitcase), I only came to trying Clinique's wash off cleanser because it was in a Bonus Time promotion and it was lovely. Been using it on holidays for the last few years.

Another vote for Clinique here, I use the foaming cleanser or the comfort cream cleanser. I use a hot cloth to remove both of these.

Inge x

We all find what works for us and we stick with it. So asking everyone What is the Best.........? Is like asking How Long Is A Piece Of String? Find what you enjoy using and are happy with, that means you will use it rather than having it sitting in the bathroom. If we all used the same thing, live would be so boring.

I recently bought Nutriganics Foaming Wash from the Body Shop and it's nice, not wildly keen on the smell but it's gentle and effective. Next time I'll try the Pomegranate one as that is for more mature skin :sun:

I've gone onto Superdrug Hot cloth cleanser with cloth, it's paraben free and carries the bunny logo too. At the moment it's buy one get the second half price, so £9 for 300mls. I've given up on high price skin care, I'm not convinced it does anything special for my skin!

I have been using this too. £4.99. I have used the Liz Earle one before and I can honestly say I prefer the Superdrug one. My skin doesn't look any better by using the LE one, also I know I can be as generous as I like with the Super Drug one. I don't care what Caroline Archer from Liz Earle says, one pump does NOT do the whole face and neck, even when I am not wearing any make up, one pump is not enough. With the SD one you don't have the worry about that, plus it's just as thick and creamy as the LE one, the only difference is the SD doesn't have the eucalyptus, which I am not bothered about anyway.

I`m currently using the Superdrug Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser but am I the only person who thinks it smells very similar to L`Occitane hand cream ??

I`m currently using the Superdrug Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser but am I the only person who thinks it smells very similar to L`Occitane hand cream ??

That sounds nice Vienna, I might get some at the weekend and see how it goes.

Ive been using the soap Julius recommended from Holland and Barrett and I love it , I use it on my face every day and it doesn't dry my skin out , it leaves it soft and smooth :)

I have been using this too. £4.99. I have used the Liz Earle one before and I can honestly say I prefer the Superdrug one. My skin doesn't look any better by using the LE one, also I know I can be as generous as I like with the Super Drug one.
I don't care what Caroline Archer from Liz Earle says, one pump does NOT do the whole face and neck, even when I am not wearing any make up, one pump is not enough
. With the SD one you don't have the worry about that, plus it's just as thick and creamy as the LE one, the only difference is the SD doesn't have the eucalyptus, which I am not bothered about anyway.

I'm the opposite, I always found one pump of Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish to be too much, even with a full face of makeup! I've gone back to using M&S Pure hot cloth cleanser despite the pump dispenser being poor, on 3 for 2 currently, and the M&S Pure radiance daily exfoliator in the morning.

Latest posts

Back